Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Switching to Alltel U from Verizon Inpulse

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by cra191w, Jul 28, 2006.

1. cra191w

cra191w New Member

My Phone:
    sch u340
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Eventually I will be switching to U from Inpulse because the daily rate is cheaper, I can choose free text messages, and no roaming fees charges here in virginia. But I now have a Nokia 2128 and I am very happy with it. The most important factors to me are signal strength and battery life. I don't need a camera or video on my phone.

Can I transfer the 2128 to alltel? I have looked on the forums and it seems like its not possible but still wondering.

Which current Alltel phones have the good reception and battery life of the 2128? If I have to get a new phone from alltel, it looks like the only ones without a camera are:
    Moto v262
    LG AX390
    LG AX4270
    Kyocera KX12
    I was considering the v262 but reviews of it are just ok. I hear bad things about rf on LG phones. Kyocera doesnt seem too good either.

I am considering the Nokia 6235 but I dont really like how it looks. I like the Nokia 6255 but its no longer available unless I find one on ebay. I will go with a camera phone even though I dont need it.

2. alltelwirelesstech

alltelwirelesstech Senior Member

My Phone:
    RAZR
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    6535 is a good phone. The 262 i would say is just under it. LG and Kyo phones tend to have weaker RF as you have heard. STAY AWAY FROM THE 6255!!!!!! And no, we won't activate your Verizon phone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. GravityFails

GravityFails New Member

My Phone:
    AX245
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular, Alltel, Virgin
    If you do a lot of texting, then be wary of the 6235. I've got one, and basically it's a great phone, but the keypad is so small that it makes texting very difficult.

I'm not a fan of Kyocera's OS, but their equipment seems good enough; you might consider the Candid, or the Strobe, for that matter. I know you said you didn't need a camera, but both of the Kyos that I've used have had pretty good reception, even out here in the boonies. Steer clear of the KX12--that thing was a mistake that never should have seen the light of day.

You're not going to see absolutely stunning battery life with any CDMA phone, but just about everything that Alltel offers will give you a decent amount of time. I didn't have much luck with the Razr's battery, but that's another post entirely.

Good luck.

4. cra191w

cra191w New Member

My Phone:
    sch u340
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    The v262 was my first choice but there were some negative reviews on phonescoop.com regarding the OS, battery life, and speakerphone. Someone said that many were returned to Alltel stores. Are those common issues with that phone?