Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Switching between two phones

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by jb198606, Jun 19, 2010.

1. jb198606

jb198606 New Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Incredible
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless Since (2006)
    Hi everyone I just got my new HTC Incredible yesterday so I'm still learning the Android system and getting things setup on it. One question I have, is the type of work I do I can sometimes get into really dusty areas and also dangerous areas where I could drop or damage the phone even though its in my pocket. What I was wanting to do is keep my old Motorola V325 phone in the work truck and when ever I got to a job site where I could be taking a chance of damaging my new phone. I could call the *228 function on the phone and active the V325 phone. When I was at the job site yesterday I gave it a try but my old phone could not be activated it would say my call has been forwarded to customer service but then I would get a message that the number I reached was not in service. So I'm just wondering if you guys know of a trick or different way I could do this. Could the reason the phone does not activate is because there is a data plan on my account for the Incredible. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

2. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

You can't just change the phone on your own. *228 sends programming info to the phone, but it does not alter the phone listed on the account as the active handset. For that you must do an ESN change and for that you need to call CS.

3. crood

crood Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Moment
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    For what you want to do, AT&T or Tmobile would be better options. You could just swap the SIM between phones.