Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

swap numbers between sprint and att

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by Scenicroadways, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Scenicroadways

Scenicroadways Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola v710
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    This may sound strange but here it is:

My wife and I both have separate sprint sero 500 plans. Her contract is up, mines got another year. I really want the iphone without having to pay an ETF. Could i get the iphone, porting her number to it (ending her sprint account), then switch the iphones number (hers) with my old sprint account, so shed use my sprint phone?

any help appreciated...or any ideas.

thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. TnA2xXtReM

TnA2xXtReM Member

My Phone:
    HTC Touch Pro 1
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, T-Mobile (Previous: Cingular/AT&T)
    I know this is an old post, but I'm new to forum and see no reply.. so here it goes.

It would be impossible for you to keep your same number on the iphone and not pay any ETF. Technically speaking, when you port a number from company A to company B, your contract on company A ends immediately. Say, you want to port your wife's numbers to ATT, thats perfectly fine. What is not fine is that if you want to exchange wife's numbers on ATT and for yours on Sprint. If you contacted ATT and asked them to exchange or port your number from Sprint over to ATT, your Sprint account will be terminated and you will be charge a ETF plus losing both account on Sprint.

All in all, you can either wait for your contract to ends, suck up the ETF, or ask if Sprint willing to give you a new number or switch the numbers from wife to husband or vice versa. I know this is a little bit confusing.. but let me know if I can clear something out for you.

3. natavin

natavin New Member

One easy thing you could do to avoid the ETF is a Transfer of Liability on your SERO plan to another user. I am actually looking to take over a SERO plan (assuming you have unlimited text and data), so PM me if you are interested.