Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

WEST U.S. -- Sutter Creek, CA = Verizon = No bars

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by KevinJames, Sep 9, 2008.

1. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Can you hear me now? Not if you're in Sutter Creek & on Verizon.

In all fairness, it could have been my friend's phone. Last weekend my wife & I took a couple up to the "gold country" for a leisurely day out. They wanted to call one of their older kids and check on "the baby." Their phone showed "no service" so I gladly handed the husband my AT&T phone ("more bars in more places") and he was able to make the call and settle his heart.

(I managed to stick my foot right in my mouth when I first this couple. She was pregnant at the time and I went on to tell them the story of how when I was 13 my parents decided to have two more kids. I told them, "Heck, I was physically old enough to be my own siblings parent." Little did I know that they had a grown son in his 20's. :eek::lmao: )

Sutter Creek Welcome

2. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Sprint didn't have anything up there either until the Nextel merger. Now they have both IDEN and CDMA. I guess Verizon phones can't roam on the Sprint signal?

3. KyleAndMelissa22

KyleAndMelissa22 Woot Woot, Splat !!!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    LG Lucid 3 / G4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless (SID 299, NID 173)
    I found no Verizon signal anywhere in Tuolumne County last month on the way to Mono Lake & Yosemite.
    There was Alltel & Verizon signal up on Conway Summit near Bridgeport & Lee Vining out 25 miles,
    but Verizon was nowhere else was nearby, Sonora Pass Hwy 108, Hwy 120/Yosemite, etc..

Verizon should roam on Golden State Cellular in Tuolumne & Alpine County,
    while Alltel customers pay to roam on Golden State Cellular.

Is Golden State Cellular in Sutter Creek?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. shango

shango Junior Member

My Phone:
    M800, v266, w315
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Verizon uses 'locked' prls. If the system id isnt in the prl they phone will ignore it. Sprint and Alltel dont do this, they will give you the option to roam and pay the roaming charge. If you have the old americas choice plan the prl is open.
    Att and Tmobil do this too with the sim cards. T mobil will not roam on att in most places.

Verizon on Conway is good for 20 miles, Alltel 30.

Verizon Sucks

1 person likes this.