Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Surprise! ATT on parts of Boston's 'T' Subway!

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by viewfly, Mar 26, 2008.

1. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    I had nearly full bar ATT service on the Red and Green line in Boston, at Park Station to Boyleston and to MGH.

That is a big change, where there was no service before. I have not kept up with the postings, but it seems that ATT is finally installing service underground in Boston's subway. I haven't tried else where, but up to this point, Verizon was the only one that I 'heard' had service on the 'T'

:)

2. Eric47

Eric47 Bronze Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    crackberry's
    cool thats the first ive heard of subway use.

3. mframe

mframe Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel 3aXL, Moto G7 Power
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TracFone, PagePlus, TMO, Xfinity, H2O
    Verizon's exclusive subway service is in DC. It is T-Mobile that has had service in the Boston subway. Years ago, Cingular used to be able to roam on T-Mobile in the subway, but the agreement was dropped. I wonder whether AT&T's new coverage is native, or just had the roaming restored with T-Mobile.

4. clock3687

clock3687 Cell Signal?????? Use it!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Google Nexus S
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    It's great to have cell service in the tunnels now. When I took theT to gov't center back in december, I had full service on the orange line & red line while in the tunnels. T-Mobile built out a few of the stations like ne medical center a few years back, but service was only good on the platforms and not inside the tunnels.

Here's an article: Cell Phone Service Expanded On MBTA Lines in Boston

EDIT: Mframe, it is native AT&T on the T. It's similar to wats done in the Williams Tunnel & the Big Dig where a 3rd party wires the tunnels and then the cell companies hook their networks into the tunnel system. So far the only company not to sign a deal is Sprint, but I think they should be able to roam on Verizon if necessary.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only