Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

suncom

Discussion in 'All Other Wireless Companies' started by tinytmodel, Oct 5, 2007.

1. tinytmodel

tinytmodel New Member

I currently have suncom. I am trying to do the right thing and let all contracts expire before moving to a more reliable service. These people are trying to tell me that they will charge me for cancelling even though I am out of my contract. Show me where it says that you will be charged for cancelling when you're contract is up. Are these people crazy? Has anyone else experienced this with them.

2. UFO

UFO Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint and alltel
    There should be no cost for cancelling service, or porting your number to another carrier if you are out of contract. When dealing with SunCom though, you have to be very detailed. Make sure that the rep isn't making a big deal out of sending you the last month's normal bill. Also, make sure you are actually out of your contract. It appears that SunCom is become increasingly sneaky at extending contracts for a number of plan changes that they use to not do, as I learned in this thread not long ago: http://forums.wirelessadvisor.com/all-other-carriers-suncom-cellular-one/65594-suncom-contracts.html

The best strategy if you're not under contract is to just go to the carrier that you want to switch to, and have your number ported over so you won't even have to deal with SunCom during the process.

But yeah, good luck with it. I'm through various places in the Carolinas a lot and don't know anybody that's had a good experience with SunCom. But I have heard a number of deceitful stories like you're describing. Most of their plans are good, but the coverage and customer service leave a lot to be desired. You could get far more reliable service through about anybody, alltel, Verizon (but contrary to their commercials, you really don't have to pay Verizon prices to get good coverage, I say that after formerly using them), and At&t seem to be the most popular, dependable providers in the Carolinas depending on your location. Even if you're currently with SunCom for the UnPlan, My Circle is the far better value all things considered.

3. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Do you remember or have any documentation on when you signed your contract with Suncom? that would help you with cancelling if you have any paperwork to show them & didn't make any changes that would have extended your contract during the period.

Also I am sure once T-Mobile completes the buyout of Suncom, they will be agressive on their buildout & may even have a roaming agreement in place with AT&T for the area's in the Carolina's that Suncom served so that may improve things down there.
    Of course with bad coverage now, that doesn't help you get better coverage now, but if your stuck in the contract for a few more months, maybe you will have an improvement.

#3 Fire14, Oct 8, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2007