Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

suncom sucks

Discussion in 'Southern US Wireless Forum' started by jim tarr, Feb 24, 2008.

1. jim tarr

jim tarr New Member

i am on a fixed income........suncom for some stupid reason refuses to change my due date.....its due on the18th of the month....we get our retirements on the 1st of the month........they would rather send those dam annoying text messages an phone calls........i even offered to pay extra so it would be due on the first.....but the hard nose _______s in management stick to there guns........they can see we always pay on the first..........i could pay it on the 18th.........then wed be without money till our checks come in.....thats not gonna happen.............ill just struggle an wait till my contract is up an go with a good company.......WAKE UP SUNCOM PEOPLE ARE WATCHING YOU:loony:

2. Eric47

Eric47 Bronze Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    crackberry's
    well soon you can b3otch to TMOB

3. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I am pretty sure I read something recently where T-Mobile allows customers to change their billing dates, but I am not 100% sure.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. maa1775

maa1775 New Member

My Phone:
    TM 506
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T Mobile
    I'm the say way. I pay all my bills on the first. About the 28th of the month, I start to receive those annoying texts. This month I made a payment in the morning of the 28th, online and still got a warning text that afternoon. It's only a day or to before I send in the payment, so I don't sweat it, but you may want to call customer service and have them put a note on the account. (Every month) Hopefully, T-Mobile can fix things permanently. Yesterday, I walked into a SunCom store to switch out a phone case and they all looked at me, like "What do you want?" Even the sales lady I deal with exclusively wasn't there. I could always count on her to give me the straight scoop and warn me. Hence, I've always was able to avoid all the problems most customers had. If I was T-Mobile, I would make every employee re-interview for their job. That would weed out the poor performers. I hope T-Mobile does something, otherwise they won't stand a chance in eastern NC. At&t is king and Verizon is coming on strong, with Sprint doing a heavy push on the local military base.

5. AndThenScottSays...

AndThenScottSays... Junior Member

My Phone:
    V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile (prepaid)
    This may be the case in Jacksonville but not the rest of the region. U.S. Cellular and Alltel are the long-time kings in this area, though with the strides they have taken in putting up new sites you might include AT&T in the top group. They are far from top dog though. Everyone else is an also-ran.

6. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    T-Mobile has purchased SunCom so you are now a T-Mobile customer. Once the billing system conversion is completed I'm sure T-Mobile will allow you to change your billing date.

On a side note, punctuation is your friend. Your post was very hard to read. You may received more responses to your posts if what you post in the future is easier to read.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Jerro

Jerro Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    Since we are addressing that issue, Polite English too would be nice. i.e.; " Sucks" in the title?

8. jim tarr

jim tarr New Member

well jerro.........they put me thru all kinds of crap.....AND THEY STILL SUCK

9. Eric47

My Phone:
    crackberry's
    i think that he was reffering to gross adds...in which case ATT and Verizon are top dogs throughout that region of carolinas/tenn/North GA

10. AndThenScottSays...

My Phone:
    V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Maybe in parts where Verizon had long had 800mhz licenses, but in eastern NC we didn't even have Verizon up until about two years ago. The company with the most customers here is U.S. Cellular, followed by either Alltel or AT&T (not sure which).

11. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    Yeah the carolinas are dominated by Alltel. Alltel doesn't have many licenses in TN and they are not in ATL in ga because of licenses. So any numbers comparing would be useless.

12. KyleAndMelissa22

KyleAndMelissa22 Woot Woot, Splat !!!

My Phone:
    LG Lucid 3 / G4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless (SID 299, NID 173)
    Also, Alltel does have PCS throughout most of the Carolinas, but they don't put up many PCS towers, except for the bigger cities.
    These PCS systems have separate SIDs, in addition to their 800 mhz SIDs in the area

For example, Alltel's native coverage map shows the Asheville, NC area with no Alltel coverage.
    I was just in Asheville a few days ago, and there are some Alltel PCS towers in and around Asheville (broadcasting on SID 5281).
    I forced my phone to roam on their PCS system.
    Spotty coverage though, and a solid roam, but they do not charge if you end up on their PCS SIDs

I don't see the point of Alltel having PCS licenses here in the Carolinas if they're not going to use them.
    Except for Western NC, Alltel's PCS licenses have no purpose, because 800 mhz is in widespread use.

13. KyleAndMelissa22

My Phone:
    LG Lucid 3 / G4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel's PCS SIDs in the Carolinas are:

5273 Anderson SC
    5281 Asheville NC - Most useful because of no WNC 800 mhz towers / license
    5365 Burlington NC
    5385 Chrleston SC
    5389 / 1298 Charlotte NC
    5423 Columbia SC
    5523 Fayetteville NC
    5535 Florence SC
    5571 Goldsboro NC
    5589 Greensboro NC
    5593 Greenville NC
    5595 Greenville-Spartanburg SC
    5597 Greenwood SC
    5621 Hickory NC
    5671 Jacksonville NC
    5869 Myrtle Beach SC
    5877 New Bern NC
    5917 Orangeburg SC
    5983 Raleigh NC
    5999 Roanoke Rapids NC
    6011 Rocky Mount NC
    6121 Sumter SC
    6207 Wilmington NC

Source:
    Mountain Wireless-SID #4000-9999

14. AndThenScottSays...

My Phone:
    V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    I've never been able to successfully register on the PCS in Greenville, NC. I just tried again now and my phone never finds the SID.

I'll be in Columbia in a couple weeks and I'll try the system there. Weird it can't be accessed here.

15. KyleAndMelissa22

My Phone:
    LG Lucid 3 / G4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Not all numbers are in use, or there may just be one tower in a hidden location.
    The ones that are in use are only in the most urban parts of the cities covered.

For example, some parts of Asheville, NC had no / low Alltel PCS signal,
    but a few miles down US-25, I found some decent Alltel PCS signal.

So far, I've picked up Alltel's PCS towers in and around
    Greenville & Spartanburg, SC
    Charlotte, NC
    Asheville, NC
    Winston-Salem & Greensboro, NC

If you ever want to see if your area is cover by Alltel PCS in the Carolinas, dial *22806.

16. maa1775

maa1775 New Member

My Phone:
    TM 506
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T Mobile
    I was simply referring to visibility, not hard numbers. Being in a military town, a lot of people have brought Verizon with them from other locations. A lot of the younger military guys go with the first company that they run into, hear about or recommendations from friends and family from elsewhere. You can't turn around without seeing a Verizon, AT&T or Sprint add. (I'm staring at one now as I'm typing). They don't pinch minutes or do a whole lot of research until their own marriage and families come into play.

#16 maa1775, Mar 6, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2008
  17. Eric47

My Phone:
    crackberry's
    yea that is a fact actually. there are a few that do but not many.

one thing you have to consider on why military goes with VZW or ATT over most others is that generally, those 2 are ones that their friends/family already have and they work in places that they are stationed or have lived before...many times TMOB just doesnt have the footprint for where people need them to be. otherwise they are def a great bang for the buck