Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

SunCom delisted from NYSE

Discussion in 'Southern US Wireless Forum' started by FrontierDriver28, Dec 19, 2006.

1. FrontierDriver28

FrontierDriver28 New Member

2. nKrypteD1

nKrypteD1 Software Architect

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Bankruptcy is probably next for Suncom, as stands they are not worth much because their outstanding debt vs. their income. I would imagine T-Mobile is eyeballing them closely to buy them out, T-Mobile may wait until Suncom is Bankruptcy protection before they actually buy them.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. agentHibby

agentHibby Iowa Cellular Guru

My Phone:
    Nokia 6256i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Just remember as dumb as this sounds. If Suncom goes into bankruptcy in 2007 they could choose to restructure the company rather than take the buyout. Suncom may take that option. :loony: :badidea:

We all hope they if do sell the licenses and network (or whats left of it) When they go into bankruptcy.

5. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Even with their recent sale of their towers, when that close's in 07 won't give them enough to have the $100 Million needed to be listed.

They may file for bankrupcy to restructure, but they may be getting them selves too deep, and there comes a point without new decent managment, they will still be in trouble.

I hope T-Mobile puts them out of their misery vs them dragging this out too long. It's the customers that are really suffering, by poor service ect...

6. FrontierDriver28

FrontierDriver28 New Member

You are right about the customers. I've dealt with bad service for so long now and continued to pay on time. SunCom's network is so spotty, especially away from major highways. Luckily, my 2 year contract is up and im going with a better provider.

7. agentHibby

agentHibby Iowa Cellular Guru

My Phone:
    Nokia 6256i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    A provider we don't talk that much about that has been in the same boat and keeps avoiding a buyout.

Einstein PCS went into Bankruptcy this year and is getting better to some extent. I am sure a few GSM providers have offered them a buyout and don't take the offer.

I hope some of these local/regional providers that are close to or fighting bankruptcy would just take the money and run. It will be good for them and their customers.

8. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Maybe they all want to go the way of Sussex Cellular. Go out of business & have the spectrum go up for auction. Probably asking too much money for the area they cover.