Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Suncom customers: your prayers have been answered

Discussion in 'Southern US Wireless Forum' started by SCTelephoneMan, Sep 17, 2007.

1. BradQue

BradQue Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sidekick 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TMobile
    I hope I am wrong but I am beginning to think that TMobile is adapting what may be the Suncom model of what I understand is poor customer service.

In a previous post, I mentioned TMobile's quote for my upgrading a phone as actually being higher than for a new customer making the same choices, even though the existing plan is no longer under contract. Upon inquiring about the difference, the TMobile Rep again extolled the benefit of the offer since I was considered a "tenured" customer, whatever that means.

The basic difference seems to be that they don't give you a break on the cost of the phone, and lump an $18 charge on top of that for "upgrading". Heck, this is making me see Verizon in an entirely different, and more positive light, despite TMobile's being cheaper with their plans:confused:.

Has anyone else experienced issues with upgrading through TMobile or am I just being unreasonable to expect a price break for getting a new data phone and the resulting additional 2 year committment?

Thanks,

Brad

2. djjim

djjim Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    LG VX8370 Clout
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (Old:Alltel, Nextel, At&t, USCC, Cricket)
    I think T-Mobile will do well in the Carolinas initially due to the newness fator. In actuality, ALLTEL's plans re just as cheap as T-Mobile's and Alltel's coverage is much, much better than Suncom's. I can't imagine T-Mo will expand the footprint all that much here, as Suncom's coverage is spider-web like just like Tmo's covergae is in most the rest of the country.

3. Jerro

Jerro Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    RE: Re: Suncom customers: your prayers have been answered

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Praying for a cell phone? Now that is a real priority when it comes to reasons to pray!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. djjim

djjim Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    LG VX8370 Clout
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (Old:Alltel, Nextel, At&t, USCC, Cricket)
    Just ask any Suncom customer with a year and a half left on there contract. Trust me, they are paraying!

5. Jerro

Jerro Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    Do you mean its that bad? Wow!!!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...