Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Suncom continues to PI*S me off!

Discussion in 'Southern US Wireless Forum' started by djjim, May 26, 2006.

1. djjim

djjim Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    LG VX8370 Clout
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (Old:Alltel, Nextel, At&t, USCC, Cricket)
    I have always said that I think Suncom is a pathetic company but today they have even sunk lower on my list! I just saw an advertisment on TV for their mobile to anyone feature. In the ad they said how the feature is exclusively available from Suncom and then when on to say that it is not available from Verizon, Cingular, Sprint or...Alltel! Unreal! What is Circle of friends from Alltel then? No to mention that Suncom charges 10 bucks for the feature on regional plans and 15 dollars on national plans and Alltel gives it to you free on plans 59 bucks and up! I can't wait til the day Suncom is just a memory!

2. FrontierDriver28

FrontierDriver28 New Member

I know exactly what you mean about SunCom. Im so glad my 2yr contract only has about 6 months left and im outta there. The service just completely blows. I dont see the company sticking around that much longer. And letting people have 60 days to decide if they wanna keep the service!!!!!!! That is completely nuts. If that promotion had been around when I signed up, I wouldnt be stuck with their service right now. By 60 days you realize how bad it is, no one will keep it!

3. AL904a

AL904a Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo Pro700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW & Sprint, & "the carrier fka Cingular"
    I recently visited an area that had SunCom service. I have never lived in a SunCom area, but I frequently read posts from SunCom users complaining about the service.

While I was watching a local TV station there, I saw a commercial for SunCom service. I forget the details, but the ad talked about the price of a 2-line family plan with a ton of minutes for, what seemed to me, to be an extremely low price. My thought was "that explains all the complaints - you get what you pay for."

Do SunCom's customers pay significantly lower rates than the rest of us?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. djjim

djjim Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8370 Clout
    Wireless Provider(s):

No, not really. The "tons of minutes" ads you see are on regional plans only. Then they sock you with an extra 10 dollars for nights and weekends(sneaky) and another 10 dollars for mobile to anyone. By the time you add everything up you are paying the same or more for inferior service. I played around with their website once and no matter what configuration of a plan I came up with, I could not come up with one that was less money then I spend now for what I get from Alltel. I think their prices are better than the BIG 3 carriers, but not Alltel.

5. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Junior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 13 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, AT&T Prepaid
    I don't know the details of the Suncom plan, but the Alltel "Circle of Friends" is limited to 10 numbers. According to what you posted from the ad, it sounds like SunCom might be unlimited to anyone, but I can't be certain.

6. AL904a

AL904a Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo Pro700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW & Sprint, & "the carrier fka Cingular"

I suspected that, but I wasn't interested enough to do any research.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. djjim

djjim Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8370 Clout
    Wireless Provider(s):
    No, Suncom will give you unlimited to anyone to ten people for 10 dollars on regional plans and 15 dollars on national plans. Also, that is ten and fifteen dollars per line. So it can be 30 dollars added to a national family plan with 2 lines, plus another 30 dollars if you want nights and weekends.
    http://www.suncom.com/features/mobile_to_anyone_detail.shtml

8. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Junior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 13 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, AT&T Prepaid
    That's pretty bad.

9. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Wow... yeah it is! Alltel's 'My Circle' is free with plans $59.99 and up and it covers the whole account.

10. alltelwirelesstech

alltelwirelesstech Senior Member

My Phone:
    RAZR
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Moto take some pictures of Italy for me

11. GSMboys

GSMboys Banned

To be quite honest I have roamed on Suncom via a T-Mobile phone before (and I have Cingular so I compare). Suncom has a strong network in extreme southeastern NC, and extreme northeastern SC.

12. kidfam

kidfam New Member

:loony: Correct on that, get this: my husband and I are relocating to Alabama, but still pay lease on our sold home in SC until 7-15-2006, and they took away voice mail promts and caller id. They tried to say it was another tower here that did it, but they are full of SH** because I was getting it when I visited a couple of weeks ago...so I said, "you mean that if you visit someone out of state, you lose those features?" and they couldn't explain it, and I just got nasty with them because we have had them for just about 2 years and we visit OHio all the time and the features were still there, also Tennessee, and Alabama. They tried to say we were in "breach of contract" just because my husband lost his job and we had to relocate here for his new job. Also, in the process of visiting here and relocating, we had a lot of roaming charges and they I guess got worried we could pay, and our bill is normally 62$ for unplan, and the charges were $280. They wanted that due by June 1st, which we were going to pay, but they suspended the service a week BEFORE the due date claiming we had to pay some of it before the due date, immediately. Well, it didn't have an immediate date, just the whole thing due by June 1st. They need to explain themselves better since their "immediately" and our "immediately" may mean a couple of days to the same day or even a week or two. How are we to know what their "immediately" means??????? They they charged us $15 to get it turned back on, since they know we are going to be getting a different company. They are finding ways to gouge us, which is totally unnethical, and Also the BIGGY: NONE OF THOSE CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS WOULD TRANSFER ME TO TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE!!!! THEY NEEDED APPROVAL FROM SUPERVISOR, AND THEY WOULDN'T LET ME SPEAK TO A SUPERVISOR EITHER, SO MY CIVIL RIGHTS WERE VIOLATED ON TOP OF ALL THIS: SHAMONE #51490 AND ADRIAN #40143 FROM CHARLOTTE NC

13. blsemp

blsemp Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 900
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t
    I do not see how Suncom stays in business. I know T Mobile would do a good job with the license in the Carolinas. Maybe they are waiting for Bankruptcy to take over.

:loony: :loony:

14. grazzzy

grazzzy Junior Member

i had a pretty good suncom unplan for fifty bucks unlimited usage anywhere on the old suncom towers, which included most cingular towers. was great near the interstate highways but not much use anywhere else. they notified me about a month ago that the cingular towers would be shut off at the end of september and i could pick a new plan with GSM service. none of their offerings now are worth considering. i went with alltel.

15. guy2

guy2 Senior Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I think they were talking about the old tdma towers....They are switching everyone to gsm and shutting down TDMA

16. grazzzy

grazzzy Junior Member

yep, you're exactly right. apparently cingular will continue with TDMA service for a couple more years, and charge that $5.00 fee (except to previous suncom customers) for using TDMA phones.

17. SQFreak

SQFreak Moto's Not So Bad Anymore

My Phone:
    Motorola Q9m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    They are the only provider in the Carolinas that offers the Hiptop. And two years ago, there weren't any real comparable devices except the Blackberry, so I went with them. I think I spent more time on the phone with CS than actually using the device (which was mostly useless because there's no GSM service at all where I spend most of my time, and when there was GSM service, it was usually Cingular, and I had to pay for data roaming). There was a major server outage at Danger for a little while. T-Mo gave their customers ~$20 for the outage. SunCom gave me $5.