Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Subscription losses cause price war?

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by specinvstr, Jan 21, 2008.

1. specinvstr

specinvstr New Member

I am in the process of getting a new phone/service plan. I have had sprint for 5+ years with no complaints. I'm likely going to continue using them -- also looking at AT&T and Verizon. I stumbled upon an article which stated that sprint might change the pricing on their plans in an effort to get some subscribers back. Any thoughts on this? Also, I'll be getting a pda phone, so any comments on sprint BB service would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I am not sure about price changing SERO right now is great for the buck. Do take a look at Verizon and ATT and see what is best for you. Also Sprint BB I am sure would be good take a look at the Pearl it is a great deivce.

3. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    There's no way Sprint will offer anything better than the SERO plans. However maybe they will make the SERO plans available to everyone and advertise them nationally? That would be a great way to get some new subscribers.

4. specinvstr

specinvstr New Member

Thanks. I've decided to stick with Sprint and go the BB pearl route. I have 2 lines. The family plan that I am currently on, plus bb sprint service, would be the same as 2 SERO plans (1 with BB service). Any thoughts on pros and cons of waiting 1 month until my contract is up or should I try to renegotiate now? Think 2 SERO plans would be better? Using SERO would result in 450 additional minutes...but I don't come close to using that many.

5. sheureka

sheureka Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Touch Pro2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS
    I'd stick with the family plan if you don't need the extra minutes - it's impossible to get any extra discounts and freebies with the sero plan. I know people have them, but that time is gone (and won't be coming back). I'd go ahead and call - tell them you're interested in reupping but that you're also looking at alternatives. See what you can do. If they don't offer you a deal you can always call after your contract expires. And now that you can change plans with no contract penalty you don't have to worry about the plans getting better - you can just switch if that happens. - sheureka

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    are you sure about this my friend who is on Sero just got something added yesturday through ecare.:browani:

7. specinvstr

specinvstr New Member

Thanks Sheureka. Guess it does not call to see what they offer. If it is not compelling, I'll wait until my contract expires and deal with it later.

RJB, I think you are right. I've heard people add things to their SERO accounts. Not sure if I want 2 accounts since there are no SERO family plans. Decisions, decisions...

8. sheureka

sheureka Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Touch Pro2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS
    Gotta love ecare - I'm shutting off one of my lines at the end of this month (with the increase in fees get out of jail free card) and keeping a line that only had 500 free text messages. I need to keep this line because it is the number I ported in from my home number when it was shut down, and the number everybody has (my other lines already have unlimited free texting). So I sent an email to ecare today telling them about "my friends" who had just gotten this really good deal from Sprint with unlimited text and data plus 500 minutes for only $30 a month. So I get a return message telling me all the Sero rules and how I don't qualify and then this -

- sheureka :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. sheureka

sheureka Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Touch Pro2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS
    From what I hear the hammer is going to drop soon on all this - and then there won't be any new discounts on Sero plans at all. - sheureka

10. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I would hope Sprint would stop giving away things on top of the SERO plans which are already easily the best deal in the business.

11. Eric47

Eric47 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    crackberry's
    im not going to even state the obvious about how much money sprint is losing with SERO. im sure they will make it up on ETF's :p