Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Stupid question for A530 owners.

Discussion in 'SAMSUNG' started by Hawaiiannights, Jul 6, 2003.

1. Hawaiiannights

My Phone:
    LG LX8100
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon..can you hear me now?
    There is a sitcker attached to the outside of the battery that says "Location Based Services" then it has some cross hair looking symbol next to the words off and on. What the heck does this mean? Just curious.

2. Obro

Obro Member

So, we meet again...

That is the GPS indicator (see menu/9/1) settings. The network only supports the 911 setting (default) at this time (so I hear) and that setting displays as the cross hairs in the circle just to the left of the battery indicator. The enhanced location will display the aforementioned with the ))) after it.

Post It.

3. mcf04581

mcf04581 Senior Member

My Phone:
    T-Mobile SDA
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless
    Hey Hawaiiannights, How does your a530 work out there? My buddy just moved to Honolulu and wants the phone, but im curious on how the Digital only works out there.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Hawaiiannights

My Phone:
    LG LX8100
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon..can you hear me now?

Works just fine my friend. Our state (island) is small enough that verizon has pretty much the entire state covered. Even from the ocean, miles off shore, and even under water!!! (Submarine tour 300 feet down)............ and even from 10,000 on top of Haleakala Mountain in Maui (Above the clouds)..........hahhaa................"Can you hear me now?" I'm going to New York in September so can't wait to see how my verizon service catches over there.........

5. patchs

patchs New Member

Hey Hawaiian Nights,
    How about Molokai? I went there on my honeymoon back in 98 and my phone worked.
    Aloha and Maholo!

6. Hippo

Hippo New Member

I honeymooned in Manu back in 83....no cell phones back then unless you were a rich dude!

7. GoodmanR

GoodmanR Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Moto v3 Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular (Voice) + T-Mobile (Blackberry)
    the network has nothing tod iwth you selecting to have gps on for 911 only or all the time. there is just no use for it on the network unless your calling an e-911 enabled system. there will be evetually...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...