Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Stupid Customers...

Discussion in 'Working or Investing in the Wireless Industry' started by Kalimotxo, Aug 19, 2005.

1. Kalimotxo

Kalimotxo Bronze Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    The latest and greatest.
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of them.
    I think stupid customers are the best & worst part of working in the retail industry... I can't wait until I graduate and get the hell out of it!

2. billp

billp Junior Member

My Phone:
    lg vx8300
    Wireless Provider(s):
    verizon
    i like the stpid reps that screew up a acoundt on a renew or lie and say you need stuff when you dont see a lot of them

3. GetWirelessLLCtech

GetWirelessLLCtech New Member

My Phone:
    personal- samsungSPH-A800
    Wireless Provider(s):
    1st, 2nd, and 3rd tier
    I was at the oil change place and the guy tells the tech his manual says his volvo is required to have synthetic oil. When he goes to check out the guy tells him its 50 bux or whatever and the guy says "theres a big banner out front that says 19.99 oil changes" the tech explains thats for reg oil and the guy had a complete meltdown, threw magazines at him, then did a burn out as he left...it was the funniest ___ I've ever seen! I told the tech he was awesome for keeping his cool cause if it happened to me I would have kicked is old ___, the guys laughed and gave me a handfull of discount coupons. I then called their corp. office and told them what a great team they had at the store...

4. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Certainly there are stupid or undertrained reps and reps who are only after comission. However, if the vast majority of customers would simply look at the information provided to them on their invoice, they wouldn't have to contact customer service with their issues.

The number one question I heard when I was a CS rep was, "Why is my bill so high?" That is a stupid question. The bills show what the charges are for, this is information that doesn't require getting a customer service rep on the phone.

This is almost as stupid as the people who want to argue that there, "must be something wrong," with their bill, when they haven't seen it yet. You cannot possibly know if there is an error if you have not seen the bill.

Also, the, "I never go over my minutes," people really got to me. True, you have never exceeded to the number of anytime minutes in your plan prior to this billing cycle, however you did during this cycle and therefore you are not entitled to any adjustments.

Let me just say this: It is pretty obvious, most of the time, if someone has been the victim of cloning fraud or a billing mistake. If someone insists that they, "don't use that many minutes," but all the calls come from their home SID and are being placed to numbers they have called on previous invoices, chances are they do use that many minutes and should be billed accordingly.

I used to hate the people who knew what kind of plan they had and how many minutes they had used but wanted the airtime overage adjusted anyway because they had, "been such a good customer for more than a year." Yeah, okay, no. Then they would threaten to go with another provider and get angry when I would mention the early termination fee.

Gah! Can you tell that I'm having a bad day?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. TehJoE234797

TehJoE234797 Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung D807
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular/at&t
    I work for Cingular Customer Care and I get so many stupid customer's it'd make your head explode.

Too often I get calls from the account holder and one of the lines on the account is having a problem and the phone is not even in the same state as the account holder and they want me to fix it.

One girl I work with even had a guy drop his phone in water, put it in his freezer for 10 minutes. Then the genius put the phone in his over for 350 for 20 minutes to see if that would dry out the phone and wanted to know why we wouldn't replace it...

And also far too often I get calls from people that want to know how to.. oh say.. change some display setting on their phone and they're always CALLING ON THE PHONE. The IVR tells you if you're on the phone to hang up and call back.. but do people ever do that? F**K no!! Then you ask them if they have a call back # and they almost always say "Yeh, here's my home phone # it's right beside me".

Glad I found this thread gives me somewhere to vent.

6. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Yeah, those are really good.

Tech: "What is the phone doing?"
    Customer: "How should I know?
    Tech: "Don't you have the phone with you?"
    Customer: "No, my daughter has it in Illinois."
    Tech: Sighs...

:lmao: LOL! That's hilarious. He actually wondered why you wouldn't replace the phone? What a moron.

No one listens to the IVR or reads their bill messages or letters that the companies send out until after the fact, then they want to call and complain.

My favorite are the people who get bill messages and letters stating that there has been a material change to the contract so they have 30 days, or whatever, to get out of their contract and they only realize this after the 30 days has expired but they still want to get out of the contract.

Too bad, so sad, you called too late. .:p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...