Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Strengths and Weakneses of All Wireless Carriers?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by CellguyNY, Dec 14, 2001.

1. CellguyNY

CellguyNY Junior Member

I know coming from a dealer that all companies have there strengths and Weakneses i just want to see if everyoe here feels the same way. I personally have carried most of the carriers except (MCI and Cingular)
    but here goes.

Verizon: Its strong point are its coverage area and customer care, but I personally would like them to come out with some better plans because I like my CDM-9100 for my Girlfriend but she complains she doesn't have enough minutes. This could go either way i feel in here.

AT&T: Similar to Verizon in that coverage area but they have problems with there billing and their phones aren't too durable i feel and the V60 is ok i personally own one but the external call id looks better than the internal caller id. They should also improve there customer service.

Sprint: They do offer some great package plans and interesting stylish phones, but there drop ratio up here has been hurendous and the signal can become weak outside the city and there billing should be questioned along with there horrific roaming charges. There customer care is ok but a little questionable from me.

Voicestream: Great Stylish phones and excellent coverage in the major US cities. Also great plans such as the family time plan and the 29.99 plan. Problems they have had is with customer care (improving though with addition of sales rep id's). There billing i personally have never had a problem with except when they changed over from omnipoint to Voicestream.

Nextel: Excellent phones and good coverage within the city. Problems they have is that they charge too much for accessories and plans there lowest being only 39.99. They also have a problem with there system up here any way during the time you can use your unlimited night and weekend minutes i have had problems (Also with direct connect) with the system being frequently busy.

MCI and Cingular i could be too judgemental of them due to the fact I have never carried them as a consumer and don't know much outside what other customers tell me.

Appreciate the feedback everyone!

CellGuyNY

2. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Nice write-up, CellGuy.

On the West Coast my experience is just a very small bit different.

ATT: Been with them since 1994. The only billing concerns I had was before regional and national plans were intro'd I would occassional get a charge that ATT never did adequately explain. Somehow my phone (then a 2160) would register in the San Jose market even though I was a good 45 minutes away from that town. When that happened I would get some inter-connect charge. ATT would never agree to remove the charge. I lived with it. I figured I just didn't understand enough. But now that plan coverages have expanded and enhanced to include roaming, I have never had a misbilled call.

Verizon: For the short two weeks I was on them, I can not base my comments on that experience. However, in working with my relatives who had the service for a year, I noted repeated and flagrant (spelling) charges that should never have appeared.

Cingular: There are many complaints out here. I had a business account (through my employer) with them for nearly 2 years (more or less). I never found any billing errors.

3. CellguyNY

CellguyNY Junior Member

Thanks for the little insight on Cingular Kev, I see what your saying with the regional with ATT also. They used to overcharge me as well. A customer let me on a little insight with them when you have a problem with them on billing just look up a local law firm or even make one up and just say i am affiliated with a law firm such as Goldberg and sons and they usually want to help you out willingly I watched a customer pull it here and it was quite amusing what he got out of ATT when they told him about all these extra charges to his bill which he never did. I thought it would never work but this customer never complained about this problem again there is the possibility he had a new guy though, oh well.

CellguyNY

4. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Interesting. However, misrepresenting who we are or over-inflating our worth has the nasty habit of backfiring and humiliating us. AT&T has, in my experience and as an overall track-record, been a reputable and reasonable vendor.