Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Strange Problem with Motorola A1200

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Jaded601, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Jaded601

Jaded601 New Member

Hi, if any one has any tips at all about this problem, it is very much appreciated!

I have had my MotoA1200, for about 3 months now. I know how to use almost all the tools and perks of the phone. The only unusual problem that I have encountered is the Text Messaging. I believe that it may be a glich in just my phone. Whenever I try to compose a message it tells me that the "file size is too large." Now this happens when I try to write or enter one character, haven't gotten to the "sending" stage yet. I know that this phone only has 8mb of shared memory so I have purchased a 512 micro sd. I have a couple of pictures, mp3s and 2 java programs saved to the disk. Hardly used up the 512mb of memory yet. When I go to settings and check memory storage, there seems to be "zero" memory reserved for text messaging. Does that mean I have to get the phone reconfigured so that there is some amount of memory designated for Text Messaging?

I know a couple of people who use this phone. None of them have encountered this problem. Please, if anyone has heard of someone who has had this problem or know who to solve it, please answer or even email me at atran003@yahoo.com. Thanks guys.

2. swardak

swardak New Member

Hello:

I have the exact same problem and have not found an answer yet!!! It is making me mad, because I have had the phone since November and NOT been able to write ONE text message.

ANY HELP PLEASE!!!

Sarah

#2 swardak, Jan 10, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2007
  3. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    It is advisable that you don't put your email address in a public forum unless you like spam. Go back and edit your post. Forum members can send you a PM or reply to the thread.

-Jay

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. swardak

swardak New Member

Thanks for the info. I was hoping you could tell me the problem with my phone?

5. Jay2TheRescue

My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Unfortuantely I do not have that model phone, and I rarely use text messaging. I have not heard of that problem with other models. Isn't the A1200 a european model phone?

-Jay

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Jaded601

Jaded601 New Member

How do I go back and revise an old thread? Thanx for the advise.

7. Jay2TheRescue

My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    You can edit it yourself within the first few hours by clicking the edit button at the bottom of your post. After that time has expired you must ask a moderator to do it for you.

-Jay

8. LukeDamien

LukeDamien New Member

My Phone:
    Moto A1200
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
    I would say make sure all your external files, picture, whatever is stored to your SD card. Also make sure the cell in every way looks to store any new info on that card and looks there for available space. I have a G card installed myself and never get a size error. I'm sure you had seen this, but in the MMS setup menu it asks you the size you would like to messages restricted to.

goto your mailbox>

Hit the menu in left bottom and service setup> MMs > new(or if it is set up, click on the default profile and then the menu > edit) >

Profile: Cingular MMS

MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com

Max send size: 200k(or highest it allows depending on your SD card size)

save!!!

Good things...:cheers:

9. swardak

swardak New Member

I did figure out my problem with the text message size too large. I just had to reset my phone and it started working!! I used the reset security code 000000. Once the phone reset, I did have to reconfigure it to Tmobile internet and text messaging, but once that was done, it was ready for text messaging.