Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Strange message with new calls on ATTWS GSM and Nokia 7210

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Tennberg, Mar 9, 2003.

1. Tennberg

Tennberg New Member

Hi everyone,

I recently upgraded to GSM service with AT&T WS (from TDMA), along with the Nokia 7210. So far I really like the new phone. I just need to sit down with it one day to learn more about it.

One strange thing that has been happening is that when I get a call on the phone, a text box first flashes on the screen saying "Forwarded Call", *then* it shows the number of who is calling. I spoke to someone at AT&T customer care who said this behavior was normal. However, my roommate upgraded to a Nokia 8390/GSM and his phone doesn't do it when he gets new calls.

She said I'm not being billed for call forwarding but I am a bit suspicious. Is this normal behavior, or must I dig deeper?

Thanks!

2. mLife2003

mLife2003 Member

You're not being billed for a fowarded call. It just says that either because you dialed the number before, or its the settings in your phone. Mess around with it a little.

How much did you end up paying $120 for the 7210? Being that you're a current customer, im curious as to switching myself. Did you have so sign up for recurring credit/debit billing?

3. Tennberg

Tennberg New Member

Well, the 7210 normally retails for $249.99, which is what I paid for the phone when I got it. However, the phone comes with a $100 mail-in rebate. Also, when I spoke to AT&TWS customer service about a month ago saying that I was thinking of going to GSM, I told them that since my 8260 was somewhat new, I wanted to be able to get *something* in return for upgrading. They said they could give me a $30 credit.

When I got the phone in the store today, I was told the $30 credit only applied to phones with $50 rebates or less (which meant NOT the 7210). I got on the phone with AT&T while in the store, and they applied the $30 directly to my account. All I needed to do was agree to a 1-year contract, which I had to do anyway for going to GSM...

So, in essence, I got the 7210 for $120...

4. cll

cll Junior Member

My Phone:
    Treo650
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular Blue, TMobile
    ATT GSM call ID sometimes shows that calls are being forwarded or diverted. This has to do with the overlapping TDMA network. It doesnt affect your bill or account in any way. It is an internal problem related to the migration. Eventually this problem will go away.