Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Strange Echoing

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by RJB, Nov 6, 2007.

1. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    There has been a problem the last week or so when I get home and talk on the centro or dlx I have problems with the phones echoing. I have tried to call about 2 other service providers and I land line and I am having this same problem. This has only happened when I am home and the coverage here is not bad. I did try to go outside and same thing.

I also wanted to add that as crazy as this might sound I went right under the sprint tower and a block away where the panels are pointing and nothing.

So does anyone here have any ideas what might be going on similar problems you might have? The problem seems to affect the other person as well when they talk to me. I know this is a not my hardware since this only happens in a single area??

2. chamb

chamb Junior Member

If it only happens in one area, it is the cell site with a problem. If your phones work normal at other locations, they are all ok. Sprint has a problem at the cell site or at the location of their switching equipment.

3. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I remember back around 2000-2001 this echoing was a problem for a few months around here. But since then I haven't experienced it at all. I'm pretty sure it's a cell site/equipment problem.

4. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Great thanks guys

5. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Larry this is still a big big problem do you think I should call their tech support and will that do me any good??

6. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon

I would, it wouldn't hurt to say something so they can look into it further.

7. Bill Clinton

Bill Clinton 10 years scandal free....

My Phone:
    HTC Mogul
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Unicel
    I have a similar problem. When I drive through Woodstock VT I encounter this problem on the local Verizon tower that I roam off. All of my phones get the echoing. It is annoying because everything I say gets repeated back to me, but I haven't had any complaints from the person on the other end. I always assumed it was a problem with the particular tower so thanks for the explanation.

8. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Said there was nothing wrong so who knows.

9. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I'll be honest it won't do you any good calling tech support for this.

10. chamb

chamb Junior Member

It SHOULD do some good, but Larry is probably right. It Won't. This is what is WRONG with Sprint.
    A technician should be dispatched to the cell site and this technician should simply make a call and see if there is an echo. If so, they should fix it. But they Won't. My guess is that Sprint added a new T-1 for capacity reasons and did not set it up right. An easy thing to fix if you can get anybody to listen to you and look at it. They need to look at the "Levels & Padding" on any new T-1's or even an old T-1 that somebody messed with.

11. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    1-800-do-nothing then?lol

12. chamb

chamb Junior Member

Yeh, you have the right number.
    Actually- if they look in their "switch" that handles your cell site, they probably can see the problem by looking at the Pad-Data Table and changing an entry. At least they should take your complaint seriously and look at it.
    It even could be a physical wiring problem on a T-1. This type of thing happens. The first step however is to actually take the time to look at it. Sprint has no procedures for anything. When you report a problem, nobody knows how to get something fixed. The people taking the complaint can only take a generic complaint and can not even enter a good description of what you are complaining about. They are trained to always try to make you believe it is your phone or something you are doing. The emphasis is on avoiding any expense to Sprint. They try to avoid sending a technician anywhere as this will cost Sprint money.
    The person taking the complaint does not have a clue as to who the technician may be or how to contact one.
    They enter a trouble "CODE" so the computers can classify the type or trouble, but do not enter a good description of what the complaint really is. If a technician does wind up with the complaint, they have bad or no info as to what they are looking for.

Yes, I have a whole lot of knowledge as to how the system works. No, I am not employed with Sprint. I do not want to be employed with Sprint either. Why would I or anybody with any brains want to work for such a screwed up company.
    Sorry I appear to be downgrading the employees at Sprint. I really am pointing to the top management and their extreme bad policies.

13. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    No we can all express our different views on things right or wrong. Thanks for the insight though most of the junkies including myself also know alot of the process they take your through. It is all about how you word it and getting the right rep as well.