Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

straight talk and verizon cell reception lost

Discussion in 'PRE-PAID Cell Phone Companies and Plans' started by bellevue5150, Mar 17, 2013.

1. bellevue5150

bellevue5150 New Member

we live in shallotte north carolina, 28470, and have all of a sudden lost our straight talk cell reception at and near home. our neighbor has verizon and the same has happened to her. go a few blocks away and it works fine. have sent emails to straight talk, but have heard nothing. my wife is a insulin pump dependant diabetic, and we have no way to call 911 if anything happens, except to drive a few blocks away to call them...:confused: :mad:

2. Maximum Signal

Maximum Signal Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon , Sprint , Millenicom
    Towers go down . It happens . If you need an emergency line , just in case cell service goes down . And you have internet , you should get a magic jack . Having just cellular with your wife"s medical condition is not very smart.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    1 person likes this.
  3. RadioRaiders

RadioRaiders RF Black-Belt

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    GSM / WCDMA /LTE
    If you have an internet connection (DSL, cable), ask about getting a femtocell to use at home. All the major carriers have them (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint) so you may need to switch to one of those. But that will give you cellular coverage at home, including 911 calls.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    In your situation the carrier will give you a femtocell or microcell for free. Mention the poor coverage and your wife's condition.

I know people in rural areas that got free AT&T microcell for just not having coverage. It will give your real 911 with location ( street address ), better than just cell rough location.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

5. Maximum Signal

Maximum Signal Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon , Sprint , Millenicom
    The OP did not say that they were in a bad signal location . But rather the all of a sudden lost signal . Has to be a tower issue . Towers go down . If enough Verizon subscribers complain . The tower will be looked at and repaired if needed . OP also stated they were on straight talk. Verizon will not issue a femtocell to a Straight Talk user .

6. jayzor

jayzor New Member

My Phone:
    currently iphone 5
    Probably tower issue. I assume you have a ST phone that uses verizon network because your neighbor with verizon also lost coverage.