Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Review Store loyalty cards...what to do?

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by viewfly, Oct 15, 2017.

1. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone 6S Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    A solution for all platforms, Android or Apple. And if I’m the dumb one that didn’t think of this before others, my apologies for wasting space, and time.

Frustrated that my key chain was loaded down with those store loyalty cards, I wondered if I could get them all into my ‘wallet’ on my phone (iPhone that is).

Some were set up to get into the wallet already, Walgreens, AARP, JetBlue and bank cards. Been doing that for a while now. But many are not...CVS, Gym cards and local grocery stores. CVS in particular is under contract not to work with Apple. They don’t allow it or force you to use their app, and imbedded into that app is basically a photo looking version of the front and back of the loyalty card. The store just scans your Barcode image with their reader...just like what is done with the Apple Wallet.

So that got me thinking...and I just took front(store label) and back (barcode) photos of all my key cards...used one of those photo apps to merged them into one top/bottoms image. Place them all into a special photo album.

Viola! It worked! Scans easily at the store, and I’m free from those cards until people catch up and let me place them into Apple Wallet. And if the barcode doesn’t work, or there is no reader (like mag stripe), the bar code number is in the photo too.

Really unloaded the size and weight of my key chain...and perhaps other cards in my real leather wallet...that’s next.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

charlyee likes this.
  2. rjniles

rjniles Member

My Phone:
    MOTO E4 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Have you looked at "Stocard" for IOS & Android.

3. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone 6S Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    Hey! I should have spent some minutes looking through the App Store. This looks good, and I like the way the screen brightens up for the barcode display. Not too keen that the app owners have the right access to my information for whatever purpose.

But thanks for the app!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

4. dmapr

dmapr Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    Lucky me, CVS card works with Android :) In act, save for a couple of library cards that are missing from he app (and that I don't use anyway since I only borrow electronic media these days) all of my loyalty cards went into the Android Pay app without a hitch. It even creates a notification containing the barcode when it detects that I'm in a store with a saved loyalty card so that I don't have to look for it ;)

5. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone 6S Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    Okay, I should have looked around some more before posting. I remember finding an app that generates bar codes and I got that into the Apple Wallet.

I found this app which does it all by taking a photo. It adds to the Apple Wallet and then also the Wallet app on my watch.
    Seems like a good solution.

Pass2U Wallet by MicroMacro Mobile Inc.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pass2u-wallet/id1142473931?mt=8
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pass2u-wallet/id1142473931?mt=8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone 6S Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    In the end, the app Pass2U doesn’t transcribe the bar code correctly. Stocard does a fine job. Just taking photos was the easiest.

I’m using Stocard for now.

7. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    Hmmm...

I don't have many membership cards... I enter a phone number at CVS and Walgreens; I scan a barcode at Winn Dixie (a regional grocery chain). I do have the barcodes saved for these three stores in my Samsung Pay app. CVS and Walgreens discount cards are also in Android Pay.

Additionally, I have the Plenti app on my phone for Winn Dixie; they recently revamped their discount card by migrating to Plenti.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone 6S Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    Yep, entering a phone number is always a fall back.

In Apple Wallet I have my credit cards, Walgreens, AAA, AARP, Staples,Costco.

I wanted something for the local Gym card, CVS, Dicks and some local food chains. I haven’t figured how to get them in there other than by a third party app. Once there I can access them on my watch too. Panera uses a mag stripe, go figure.

But yeah, I could just tell the clerk my phone number. Getting rid of them really unloads my key chain.

9. dmapr

dmapr Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    @viewfly I have my Costco card in my Android Pay as well but it's pretty useless as our local stores want to see the physical card. Is it the same in your neck of the woods? Also I don't have the Citi Costco branded card, not that it matters.

10. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone 6S Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    Good question. I don’t remember how I got the Costco Card in Apple Wallet, but it’s all official looking so maybe it went in via an app or web page. I have never tried to use it, to be truthful. Sort of forget it was there, and keep the card in my wallet. So at check out they will not scan the barcode?

11. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    I forgot about Sam's Club; I can take a pic of the card and put it in the Samsung Pay app, but the greeters want to see the physical card.

@viewfly, I do have a Panera card in my Android Pay... I just tried to add it to my Samsung Pay, but the card is too old; it is a magnetic stripe card. I rarely go there and I tell them my number while I'm there as well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone 6S Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    @QLR I go to Panera often. I think their mag stripe card is the newest card type.

13. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Ah... I think I've had my card for like several years lol... I unearthed my last year after years of no use.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk