Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

STImobile, Samsung A660 problems..

Discussion in 'All Other Wireless Companies' started by Adeeeenska, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Adeeeenska

Adeeeenska New Member

I had to reactivate my cell phone through Customer Care. Although my phone works with the new number, the rep on the other end gave me the wrong number that I entered in "My Phone#" in "Phone" Books. So how do I program the right number in. The rep refuse to tell me that it wouldn't hurt anything. But, it does, because I accidently get hooked up to the number of another cell phone user if I'm not careful.

Also, my old number is still assigned to the Web rendering it useless. I need to program my new number in for the web. I can't seem to find any setups in the "Security" area o after I type in my lock code or for that matter anyplace else on phone.

Does anyone here have any advice for me to change these numbers to the number that was assigned to me? I have a Samsung A660 with STImobile prepaid card. Thanks.

Thinking about filing a complaint against STImobile over this.

:mad:

2. Blur723

Blur723 New Member

Although I did not have your specific problem, Here's what I wrote down, as the techs were helping me with web browsing problems.

At the main screen of your Samsung A660, Type;
    1.) ##983243 and OK. You should see "SVC Menu".
    2.) Select option 1 (View). Determine if this should be your phone number. If not, then hit BACK, and select option 2 (Edit). Now type your correct phone number, inluding your area code. ### ### #### (no spaces).
    3.) Next, you'll see MSID. Once again, type in your number, as you just did before, and press OK. This takes you back to the SVC Menu.
    4.) Select to VIEW it, to double check, then BACK out to SVC Menu again.
    5.) Select option 3 (Done). This saves and finalizes what you've just done.
    6.) You'll see a "Service Done" thingy, and then your phone will reboot.

Now, I'm not a tech., so don't come hunt me down or nothing, if this isn't the correct solution for your problem. In that case, call tech support back up, and start ranting (firmly but moderately) about how upset you are, and that you'll never recommend STi's products to your freinds. Anyway, good luck.

-Blur

3. Blur723

Blur723 New Member

GREAT! I'm a forum NOOB!:eek:

-Blur