Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Staten island coverage

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by ctp124, Jul 19, 2002.

1. ctp124

ctp124 New Member

I am currently having trouble with voicestream in staten island?
    Does anyone have any recommendations for service in the 10314 area code.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

If you have had active service for more then 4 months then you can call and advise that you are moving out of the service area. So when are you making the big move to Canada?

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Sorry, previous post was incomplete. If you move out of an area they will allow you out of the contract w/o paying the ETF.

4. Joe0378

Joe0378 Senior Member

I also live in Staten Island (10309) and I find Verizon works very good throughout 90-95% of the borough and very good elsewhere. AT&T is spotty and both VS and Sprint are horrible here.

5. Scalici26

Scalici26 Senior Member

I live in the 10309 area code also. I have sprint PCS and its AWESOME. Joe0378, VS coverage in this area is good. They have 2 tower atop of OLSS church. I would not get ATT or NEXTEL. They are the WORST!!!! Especially NEXTEL. IMHO Sprint is just as good as Verizon on SI. I prefer Sprint. As for the 10314 area code if in not mistaken that around the mall. Anything will work good around there. All the carriers have a tower near the Mall. Again i would go with Sprint PCS.