Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Startac 7868W vs. LG TM510 Which is Better?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Jul 23, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hello. I am a future FREEUP customer. And I'm stuck on which of these two phones should i get. What are the advantages and disadvantages of both phones? Which phone which you recommend to me? Thank you [​IMG]

2. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Advantages of the 510 would be the external caller id screen, more ringers

The startac 7868W is also a good/proven phone

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Well, first of all, don't feel "stuck" as if you are getting second rate. I chose the TM510 when I started service with Verizon and only stopped service not because of the phone but because of the poor service I received. I don't know about the other phone. You might check out:

Epinions
    CNet
    PhoneScoop
    Howard Chui

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Well, I know the StarTac 7868W is a proven great phone. But then that's kind of vague :p Can anyone give me a lil more indepth description possibly? sorry for saying that. I want to ask, whats about the antenna on the startac dilemma? Hehe [​IMG] Good Nights from a New Yorker [​IMG]

5. Guest

Guest Guest

the standard antenna on the startac breaks real easy ... unless you wear your phone on the hip belt thing your antenna will get damaged. Ive already gone through 2 antennas in 1.5 years. If you dont really care for the fact that the antenna extends (which doesnt seem to have any real positive effect on reception), you can buy a stub antenna for $10 and never have to worry about breaking it....

The software on the two phones is quite different. Im used to the startac menus and options so I would pick as I would not know anything about how everything is laid out on the lg... you should take a look at the phone in action and not just what it looks like superficially.