Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

SprintPCS needs to get a clue!

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by DebLyn, Jul 31, 2002.

1. DebLyn

DebLyn New Member

I have been a SprintPCS customer for 2 years now. Since the beginning, I had problems with Sprint mailing my phone to me when I made a purchase over the telephone. Since then, I have had billing problems, problems with rude customer service people, waiting to speak with customer service for over 15 minutes....the list goes on. Yesterday, I was so angry with them that I terminated my service, finally. They spent 2 whole days upgrading their system, supposedly, and during that time, my service was turned off. When I finally was able to get through to somebody, I was told that there was a past due balance of $25 and that service had been turned off for that! After 2 years of service! When I was transferred to collections, I told them I would pay the amount on Friday, (4 days!), and they said okay, but the service would remain off until then! He said the only other thing he could do was discontinue my service for me. Guess what, I told them, discontinue my service ....I'm tired of Sprint dictating to me. I'm the customer. I don't need harrassment like this on a regular basis. Does anyone else have trouble like this with them? Or know of anyone who does? I'm considering starting a class action lawsuit against them.

2. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    My experience with the company has been much more positive than yours. I don't feel that your particular complaints can justify a class action law suit.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

DebLyn is not the only person i've read about sprint pcs problems with their cs. i think i read a lot more sprint pcs screw up than cingular crappy service in ca [​IMG]

4. markv83

markv83 Member

Come on now... Every service provider has their share of problems.
    Mark

5. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I've been hearing more about Voicestream lately.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. ptest

ptest New Member

I have similar bad experience with Sprint customer service and had to finally terminate the service.
    Apparently, a lot of other people do too. Go to http://sprintpcs-sucks.org/

7. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Oh I have been and over half the stuff posted on that site is rubbish.

8. Danthrin44

Danthrin44 New Member

i think the problem with Cell providers is they arent truthful with their customers.

All providers are trying to sound like they are the perfect solution, but how can they be perfect when CEll phone technology isnt perfect. Neither are the humans that work their customer service, sales etc etc..

Sprint PCS has positives, and it has its negatives..

9. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Sure I'll agree with that.

10. Squaremy

Squaremy New Member

Sprint PCS has to be by the WORST when it comes to customer service. They hire people who know absolutely nothing about the service and will tell you something different each time. I've had my account shut off twice on accident and have been charged twice for early termination fees. I never even called to cancel! They're just absolutely horrible in this department. I'm so happy to be away from them now. I couldn't wait to wash my hands clean of them. I'm now with Cingular and am quite happy with the service and support.

11. GJMOO7

GJMOO7 Junior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    [​IMG]I Agree 100%.Sprint pcs customer service is the worst.

12. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Some reps are good and some are bad. But why deal with customer service? I never have to. [​IMG]

13. markv83

markv83 Member

Larry is exactly right. Why deal with customer service when you never have to.

The only time I have ever had to deal with customer service was when I had a transfer of liability done. What a pain in the @#%!!! The problem was that my dad, sister, and I were on a family plan. I wanted my own plan but wanted to keep my number. For some reason they never fully completed the process. My info was correct but his info changed to mine. We kept calling and switching the correct info back and forth. It took a couple of weeks to finally fix to our satisfaction. Actually, it isn't completely fixed to his. His name still shows up as mine on caller id. Anyone know how he can have them fix that without messing with his account?

Thanks
    Mark

14. mattwhit

mattwhit Junior Member

I've been a Sprint PCS customer for over 5 years and I can say that overall, I've been pretty satisfied. There have been a few hiccups, but for the most part I am totally satisfied with the level of service. We are dealing with ever evolving technology and things change faster than companies can keep. Who’s at fault? The customers, because they demand it; they want more for less and they want it NOW! The service providers provide different strengths and you need to pick the one that is best for you. Sprint PCS has one of the most advanced networks in the business and offers the most bang for the buck. One other thing to point out, you need to be a smart customer. You need to understand your contractual obligations and actually read the terms and conditions of the service provided. Make sure the provider you choose meets your needs.

15. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Very good post! I totally agree.

16. Squaremy

Squaremy New Member

Well when they shut off your phone service for NO reason and you need to get it restored, you have no choice but to contact customer service. When they charge you 2 cancellation fees in one month and you need a 500 dollar credit, you have no choice but to contact customer support. Shall I go on? They're horrible.

17. DebLyn

DebLyn New Member

Sure.....as long as your account is truly yours, i.e., your dad no longer is liable for your account credit, payment, or anything else you should be able to. Short of this, call customer service again, and start keeping records of the problems.[​IMG]

18. DebLyn

DebLyn New Member

Wow! Guess you really are a SprintPCS customer! I wonder if you own stock in the company?! Here's the deal "Moderator". You've been a customer since about '97, which is about when they first started. I'll bet, you've got one of the few remaining good plans left since Sprint PCS was doing and promising just about anything to get customers...hell, they needed them to cover their humongous up front costs to provide satellite service for their cell phone customers. I'll bet you still have your first incoming minute free....something not available anywhere anymore. I'll even bet that you've got the most minutes, and the best rate plan for minutes that go over your plan limit. Am I right?

Since I've only been a member of the SprintPCS "family" for two (2) YEARS, I joined after their latest and greatest plans were gone. Also, I've had problems with phone deliveries, cutoff service when they are "up-grading" their systems, and extremely rude accounting people. As a matter of fact, they are still touting that they provide a TOTALLY DETAILED bill, when in fact they don't...not quite. I've received several bills that went way over my monthly limit, due to the fact that I was "oversold" by a customer service rep into trying 3 free months of Web service since my phone is web-enabled. I asked over and over again if the minutes that I used would be available through *4 service just like regular monthly minutes and was told emphatically that it would be. But this was erroneous....I ended up having to pay for the overage in minutes used, even though I never got to use the internet as I was having trouble with my password being accepted! When I checked with *4, the automated system told me that I was still well under my monthly alloted minutes, but this was wrong....the minutes the system used to try and connect me to the internet came off my monthly minutes but the automated system didn't record them. So....a month and a half later, I was billed a humongous bill for internet usage without ever connecting to the internet! Sneaky, huh? SprintPCS must be desparate to get money.....especially since they are embroiled in a legal case with....you guessed it.....WorldCom!!!!!!
    [​IMG]Text

19. mattwhit

mattwhit Junior Member

Deb,

My account has been mine since day one and I have never been late with any of my last 63 payments. It's called responsibility! I do own stock in SPCS and have lost about $20 per share. Still sticking with them! I am on a retention plan, they offer these to their responsible and loyal customers. As for your issue with Wireless Web... Read the fine print and listen to the entire *4 message... it very clearly states that if you subscribe to a Wireless Web plan, your minute count will not be accurate. If you log onto the web, you can see your WW usage... It’s really not that complicated, you just need to pay attention and be a smart consumer.

20. markv83

markv83 Member

The account has been "truly" mine for the last six months and I am perfectly aware that my dad is no longer liable for my account, credit, or payment since I have been paying my own bills for the last six months. I find that there is absolutly no reason to keep records of problems that I am having, because I am having none.
    Mark

21. Squaremy

Squaremy New Member

I just did a side by side comparison of all the cell rates and Sprint PCS has the WORST! 350 Anytime for 39.99. T-Mobile has 1000 anytime for 39.99. Cingular has 500 for 39.99. Sprint is slowly knitting their own noose.

Can anyone tell I loathe Sprint PCS? haha. [​IMG]

22. Gman

Gman Senior Member

My Phone:
    Epic 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Try to post not about what you loathe , but about what you know . :)

G.

23. mattwhit

mattwhit Junior Member

Square,

$50 gets me 1300 anytime, 3000 night and weekend and 500 mobile to mobile minutes. The T-Mobile promotion you are referring to is for CA and NV only...

24. pjcarroll

pjcarroll New Member

I had Sprint at one time, was very happy with their service, paid my bill on time and never had to call CS. I never had my phone shut off, prob b/c I always paid on time. If I did have my service turned off, I would not have complained about it. I would have owned up to my faults, and paid my bill to have the service restored. We are only hearing one side of the story here. Most companies give customers around a 15 day grace period, and this can drop if the cust is always late with payments. So if they only gave you 4 days, there was prob. a good reason. Why does everyone think, just b/c they are a few days late, their service should not be interrupted???? You don't walk out of the grocery store on an "IOU" do you???

25. Squaremy

Squaremy New Member

Did you not read my posts? I was with Sprint for years. I know they suck ___ when it comes to Customer Service. Their actual wireless service isn't bad.

So read my posts before commenting.

26. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Very true. There are two sides to each story and I'm tired of these posters who try to make everything look like it's the carrier's fault when there is usually more to the story than what they want to tell.

Squaremy, I'm not referring to you but to other posts I have seen recently on other threads.

27. topenga

topenga New Member

I had this same situation in 1999. We (my mom and I) went to the store to get the changeover done. When we realized that it was botched, I started calling. I called and called and called. I heard "it can't be done. that's the way it is", "Okay it's fixed now" but five minutes later it wasn't, and whenever my mom called about her account, it screwed up mine. *bleah* One day I got someone from the "business customer care" center because the "consumer" customer care was overloaded. The rep I talked to finally fixed it. Actually, now that I think about it, the accounts are _still_ linked in some freaky sort of way (her service was disconnected and they were calling my cell to speak to her, and she was getting a bill every two weeks; a blank one and a real one), but if I modify mine, it doesn't affect my mom's or vice versa. All I can say is, keep calling until they get it right.

==
    topenga

28. Gman

Gman Senior Member

My Phone:
    Epic 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Well I did read your post and you said nothing about being with Sprint 'for years'. Or even being with them at all. Sorry- I wouldn't have said that if you would have been more clear.

G.

29. ALBUNDY

ALBUNDY Junior Member

I have had Sprint PCS service since it was launched. Before that I had Southwestern Bell.
    Sprint PCS exceeds all other providers with their options, phones and service. I have the ability to get a new handset whenever I want and pay a reasonable price for the handset. I have the ability to change my contract whenever I want. My reception is the BEST. I can talk in my basement. In an elevator riding up and down floors. All other wireless providers have hidden costs. Verizon still has a $0.05 per minuter interconnect fee, Charge you $5.00 to get a detailed bill, and really shouldn't be compared to Sprint anyway.

Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, and Cingular are back in the dinosaur days compared to Sprint PCS. Sprint PCS will have Push to talk exceeding the quality of Nextel. The 3G Vision is incredible. Voice Command where email can be read to you. Sprint PCS gives you a significantly better value and service for your money. That is why I run two phones with them.

30. pfp

pfp Senior Member

I have to respond because I just can't agree with you on a few things, ALBUNDY.

I don't know where in the country you are, but I just can't agree with you on the exceeding in service. Frankly, the phones are nicer and do many things, but if I wanted something to do my laundry, I'd buy a washing machine, not a cell phone. I've seen the phones that are also Palm Pilots, and it's my opinion that you can buy a better Palm and a better phone separately for a lower price than that one piece of equipment

Don't know about the new handset at a reasonable price. I know I (Cingular) can upgrade when contracts are over/near over, and Verizon does the new every two. From what I've seen of Sprint's handsets, none of them are reasonably priced. As stated before, you're paying for them to do a lot more than just be a phone. And with Cingular, when you "change your plan" in any way, it doesn't effect your contract. I've talked to some Sprint customers who changed their plan and didn't know their contract was extended. Really happy customers, I'll tell you that. Ready to pay the cancellation fee.

You're very, very lucky. When I had Sprint, in my house at night, the phone would blink in and out of service. It was intolerable and I just couldn't use it at home. If you read everywhere in these forums and even in news reports, you're very lucky if you're having that much luck with Sprint, service-wise, they're one of the lowest rated on most scales.

Hidden costs depend on the salesperson. None of my customers experience hidden costs, because I explain everything thoroughly to make sure everything's covered. And it's not hidden if you have to ask for it (e.g. the detailed bill). I can agree that Verizon shouldn't be compared to Sprint, but only because one of them gets service and one doesn't. Any guesses on which is which in my mind.

This seems all like speculation. No matter what companies say, you can't be sure something will be out at any time until they actually release it.

Sorry, everyone I talk to says they want to abandon Sprint, including RS employees who SELL it. But hey, if it makes you happy. I am interested in knowing where in the country you are, because I've never heard of Sprint service being anything like you describe it.

Sorry to just go off, but...you clearly feel strongly about Sprint, and so do I
    Pat