Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Sprint vs Verizon (Minnesota)

Discussion in 'Central US Wireless Forum' started by MinnWisc, Dec 4, 2003.

1. MinnWisc

MinnWisc Junior Member

Which provider is overall the better to go with in Minnesota? Mostly my travel is in the Minneapolis area and out of Minnesota is to Wisc.

Thanks!

2. Buickman

Buickman Gearhead/Gadget freak

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    BB 9550, Moto Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon on both phones
    They are both good here in Minneapolis. I had Sprint for 4 years before going to VZW 2 years ago, and both have really good coverage. I have found a few holes with VZW, but my phone just goes to extended network on Sprint's system anyway, so it really doesn't matter. The big thing is the rural coverage in WI that you will need, that will probably be the deciding factor.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. azcellphonejunkie

azcellphonejunkie The Cell Phone Junkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    ATT, Verizon, Sprint |Prior: Alltel, Nextel
    I have used Sprint in the Minneapolis area and through the stae of Wisconsin to the Door County area. It has been a while since I have driven that way, but at the time it was very good. IT will really depened on the route(s) you are taking, and where you are going. Minnesota is very well covered by Sprint.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. SHOEBOBS

SHOEBOBS New Member

I think the coverage areas are pretty good for both companies. However, I have verizon and I often get service many places that my friends with sprint don't. This mainly happens in buildings or basements; sprint seems to get fine service outside or in areas of little interference. There has never been a time where someone I know with sprint was getting service and I wasn't. I usually stay within the minneapolis and surrounding areas however, so I do not know how it is in the more rural areas of the state, but during a few road trips to wisconsin or the dakotas I never had a problem with service. If you get verizon you might want to get a phone with analog capabilities, as verizon's digital network doesn't cover all areas of the state.

5. NYCDru

NYCDru Sprint Newbie

My Phone:
    Motrola V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Verizon(former), ATT(former),
    You have one of VZW's best reception phones. If your friends don't have Sanyo's then your basis for comparison may bee flawed.

6. Particular

Particular Banned

My Phone:
    At&t Iphone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    At&t, sprint, T-mobile
    I would go with Sprint where ever i live :)

7. JasonWells

JasonWells Junior Member

My Phone:
    AT&T i phone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T, VZW
    From my experience, the are both pretty good. Sprint, with the free unlimited roaming, actually has better coverage than VZW. I would recommend Sprint. And, you can select 'roam only' on most Sprint phones and use the VZW network in the MPLS areas, anyway. It's kind of the best of both. Good Luck!

8. nhanson

nhanson New Member

My Phone:
    LG Orange enV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    ive had verizon for 2 years now and they have coverage every where....