Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

sprint vs. verizon in West LA...LA area...

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Jul 10, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

im basically so sick of Cingular that I can't wait for the day that my contract runs out. I'm seriously gonna through a party just because Cingular and its reception will be out of my life. Ok, sorry about that but I had to vent.

Now...in the LA and West LA area (Santa Monica...beach area) what have people found to be better reception. On Sprint's website, it says that complete coverage in Santa Monica is not available, so Im a little skeptical considering I live in Santa MOnica. BUt of course I think the phones are better for Sprint.

People seem to swear by Verizon so its hard to ignore it.

Id juss like some advice on which service would be better in the LA and LA beach area...or if there is any difference at all? Also any good phones u recommend. That Sprint one with the color screen looks very tempting....but so does the LG one.

Thanks a lot for ur respones.

2. BillRadio

BillRadio Wireless Consultant

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint
    Most carriers serve the beaches near Santa Monica very well. Sprint has a new site that has improved things quite a bit. I got the best signal sitting at Venice cafes with Verizon. However, the location of antennas away from the beach make it difficult. I had a couple dropped calls there. With AT&T, the calls wouldn't drop, but the audio would get choppy. 2 blocks in from the beach and everything's perfect, especially on the mall.

Each carrier has a Santa Monica store. Pick up a phone and head for the beach, and take it back if it doesn't work. Verizon works better out west along the PCH. All carriers, except Cingular, all have excellent coverage in W. LA/SM. The tough area are near the SM Mountains. North of Sunset you only get AT&T and Verizon, and mostly analog. But unless you host a late night talk show, you probably won't live there, anyway.

-Bill Radio

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

thanks a lot bill for your information.

i actually do live north of sunset bordering brentwood/santa monica area. i frequent the beach and westwood area a great deal so those places were my main concern. i already know that any service north of sunset will probably be a little problematic no matter what.

can you explain to me this trial period thing that u and other people seem to be talking about? ive never heard of it and just wanted to know more about it...like how much does it cost, do you have to enter a contract, those kinds of details. id appreciate it a lot. thanks.

4. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Bill,

Are you referring to Sprint's new site on the 800 block of Palisades Beach Road in Santa Monica? How did you know about that one? [​IMG]

I've used Sprint in West LA and it works very well except as Bill said some parts north of Sunset where antenna zoning is a lot tougher. No capacity problems to deal with either.

5. BillRadio

My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Larry,
    It was posted on a.c.spcs newsgroup. I sure feel wierd walking up and down Venice Beach with 3 phones in my pockets, but it has given me a world of information to share!

-Bill Radio

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Kenny

Kenny Senior Member

Were the girls impressed?

lol

7. IdiOTeQnoLogY

IdiOTeQnoLogY Bronze Senior Member

8. BillRadio

My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    << Were the girls impressed? >>

They might have been. They stopped me and said, "it would be more impressive if you put it in the FRONT of your pants!"

[​IMG]

9. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    LOL! Yeah that would have definately got you some attention.