Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Sprint to offer better plans!

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by larry, Aug 8, 2006.

1. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Look for some better offerings coming from Sprint real soon. The plans should include more anytime minutes as well as free 7PM N&W. There's also a rumor (not sure about this) going around that 6PM N&W will be reduced from the current $10/mo. to only $5 and some other changes. But I hear that some of the other changes might not be for the better.

2. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Sounds like Sprint is becoming even more attractive with these changes. I wonder what the other changes will be that you said may not be for the better.

3. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I hear that the overage charge has been hiked on some plans. But most changes should be for the better.

4. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Well, I guess one can accept that if other changes are definitely for the better. I hope Sprint spices up early night time prices to gain more customers and put pressure under other carriers such as Verizon and Cingular.

5. misterSelf

misterSelf Junior Member

I have also heard about the reduction in the 6pm night (to $5) and the possibility that free-incoming will we offered on shared plans.

6. budney

budney Resident Headbanger
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Sprint is doing some cool things in the near future. And the not so good changes are not that bad. If they where, every other thread over at SU would be b:censored:g about it. I am excited that Moto will be coming back to Sprint in the 4Q. :D

7. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    well because they are trying to attract business customers as much as consumers by giving more for less

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Sprint Nextel squeezes F&F plans

Sprint Nextel Corp. has tweaked its Fair & Flexible price plans, leaving the dollar amounts the same on the basic voice plans, but changing the number of minutes for three of its mid-range plans and increasing the cost of overage minutes. The changes basically eliminate anytime minute price differences among the top three national carriers and appear to be Sprint Nextel’s antidote to customer migration to lower-cost price plans during the second quarter.

Sprint Nextel offers five Fair & Flexible individual plans on its Web site, ranging from $30 to $100 per month. The plans at the $40, $60 and $80 price points have been changed: for $40 per month, customers now get 450 minutes instead of 400. However, the anytime minutes were lowered on the $60 plan from 1,000 minutes to 900 minutes, and on the $80 plan from 1,400 minutes to 1,350 minutes.

On all individual plans, customers who go over their anytime minute limit will now have to pay $5 for a chunk of 30 minutes; previously, the deal was $5 for 50 minutes. Sprint Nextel also lowered the threshold beyond which customers must pay by the minute instead of in increments, and doubled the per-minute overage price from 10 cents to 20 cents. For example, a customer who signed up for a 200-minute, $30 monthly plan used to be able to buy overage minutes in 50-minute increments for $5 up to 700 minutes, and pay 10 cents per minute after that. Now, a new customer on a 200-minute plan would pay $5 for 30-minute increments up to 500 minutes, and pay 20 cents per additional minute.

“I think they’re trying to get people to select a rate plan a little closer to the number of minutes they need on a monthly basis,” said Allan Keiter, president of MyRatePlan.com, a consumer site which allows customers to estimate their wireless usage and compare plans among carriers. Keiter added that the move could encourage customers who had chosen a low-cost rate plan and were coasting along on cheap overage to bump up to a plan with more minutes—especially those on the $30 per month plan (a price point not offered by Verizon Wireless or Cingular Wireless L.L.C.) who might consider a revamped, and more attractive, $40 per month plan.

“It’s a pretty substantial increase, and it’s going to hit those people who chose the $29.99 plan,” Keiter said.

Sprint Nextel tightened its credit requirements during the second quarter and gained only 210,000 retail postpaid customers; executives also have said that during the second quarter, the company had a higher-than-expected migration of customers to lower-cost price plans.

For family plans, Sprint Nextel cut 100 anytime minutes off each of its plans at the $70, $90 and $110-per month price points, as well as lowering the threshold for incremental overages and upped the price of extra minutes from 10 cents to 20 cents.

The move brings Sprint Nextel’s price plans in lock-step with those from Verizon Wireless and Cingular; differentiation now rests on the cost of overage and additional services. Comparatively, both Cingular and Verizon Wireless offer a 700-minute family plan for $70 a month with additional minutes charged at 45 cents apiece.

http://www.rcrnews.com/news.cms?newsId=27091

9. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    So much for the rumor that 6PM N&W would be lowered to $5 from $10. :( But no other carrier offers 6PM at all so Sprint still has the advantage there.

10. Steve B

Steve B Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I was wondering about something. If the F&F was $5 for an additional 50 minutes with .10 overage. Isn't all the same? I mean, correct me if I am wrong, but 50 minutes X .10/minute still comes out to be $5. How is that saving? Now that it's 30 minutes for $5 and now .20/minute, there is some actual savings. Did anyone else catch this? Correct me if I am wrong. LOL

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...