Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Sprint Text Messaging

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by DavidAM, Jul 25, 2002.

1. DavidAM

DavidAM New Member

Correct me if I am wrong, but Sprint does not support the "SMS" two way text messaging standard that some cell phones have and carriers like Verzion support. To do text messaging with Sprint, you must access their "wireless web" service.

If you don't subscribe monthly, Sprint's wireless web access costs $0.39 a minute. The time on the web is deducted from your voice time minutes. To send text messages, there is an additional per-message fee. The Sprint rep I talked to did not know the amount of the fee. Anyone know what the per-message fee is?

Thanks,
    David

2. markv83

markv83 Member

Hey David...
    There have been many posts about this issue. First of all, you are correct, unless you are subscribed to wireless web you have to pay i think 39 cents or something. Not sure of the exact number. Instead of monthly or one-time charges, you are only billed for air time minutes you use for the the Sprint PCS Wireless Web. This includes time for creating and sending messages (whether or not the message is received) and for retrieving messages. The Sprint PCS Wireless Web Short Mail service allows you to enter any wireless phone number and send the message. Messages can be delivered to most wireless carriers however, only certain wireless carriers have enabled their customers to be able to reply to your messages. There are other posts talking about how you can only send them messages by typing in an e-mail address instead of the #'s although I have no idea how to do this except using the computer.

Mark