Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Sprint Shows Weak 4Q

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by Shizuka, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Shizuka

Shizuka Junior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    News@2direct Archive
    Sprint Shows Weak 4Q
    By Robb Murray
    News@2 Direct -- 2/22/2006 10:46:00 AM

Sprint Nextel didn't exactly rush out of the gates during its first quarter as a merged company, as the company reported a 55-percent net income dip for the fourth quarter of 2005.

The nation's third largest wireless carrier posted fourth-quarter profits of $197 million, dramatically down from last year's $437 million. Adjusted earnings, after removing the effects of amortization and special items, were 33 cents per share. The company says rising expenses are partly to blame.

Sprint Nextel shares fell 36 cents to $24.57 in premarket trading. By mid-day, they were at $24.38.

The news was better for the whole of 2005, which saw Sprint's profits hit $1.79 billion, up from the previous year's loss of $1.01 billion. Revenue rose 26 percent, to $34.68 billion, from the previous year. But the carrier also predicted 2006 revenues will come in around $41 billion, which is short of analyst expectations of nearly $47 billion.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I don't think this was unexpected. It's hard to have a great quarter when you're coming off a merger of this magnitude. Look at what happened when AT&T and Cingular merged. They didn't put up great numbers either. One thing to note about Sprint is that their churn rate actually held steady or even decreased a bit when compared to previous quarters.

3. Tauro72

Tauro72 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola SLVR
    Wireless Provider(s):
    * Cingular *
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. jrip

jrip Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo MM-7400
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint,Boost

5. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8