Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Sprint Service Experiences

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by BradQue, Nov 22, 2009.

1. BradQue

BradQue Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sidekick 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TMobile
    I want to pose a question about Sprint.

Maybe it's just me but I've had Sprint for over a year (also have Verizon and TMobile - why is a long story) and I can't really find anything to complain about.

I use a Moto Q on their system - works great with all features enabled and seems to have pretty comprehensive coverage in VA-NC-SC anyway. On the few occasions where I have contacted their customer service, it's been a pleasant experience and my question/issue was resolved without hassle.

It's always puzzled me why Sprint gets negative comments sometimes or is loosing customers (their plans are pretty competitive) so I am wondering if I am in the minority here or are others having the same positive experiences with them?

At this point, if I were to reduce my (stupidly excessive) number of providers to just one, it would have to be Sprint.

2. Kalimotxo

Kalimotxo Bronze Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    The latest and greatest.
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of them.
    I'm with you on this one - I have multiple providers and Sprint is my primary provider. I have excellent coverage, a great plan and every time I call CS I have a good experience and the problem is resolved on the first shot. I've called CS once in the past four months and that was to have 100 mins added for $5 because my usage was a little heavier one month.

That said, I started with Sprint back in 2007. My experience was terrible. Customer service was a joke. I actually got fed up and left Sprint for 8 months when my line was "disabled" for three days because they were having problems getting my account transferred from the Sprint billing system (P2K, I think) to Nextel's system (Ensemble). What a nightmare that was...

Sprint has come a long way and I really hope they can pull through. They still have a giant albatross - Nextel and the iDen network.

There's a lot less complaining on the internet about Sprint these days. It seems to me like every other thread and blog post is by some iPhone user complaining about AT&T.

3. Yankees368

Yankees368 Compulsive Signal Checker

My Phone:
    iPhones 4S???
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint 2002-2010, Voicestream 2001-2002
    Yeah, I will say that CS has gotten better in recent years. Their coverage is not the best, but it gets me through the day.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. BradQue

BradQue Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sidekick 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TMobile
    Thanks for the quick responses. Seems good so far - I am pretty much in line with your comments too. We'll see what others have to say if we get more posts.

Brad

5. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I've been a Sprint user for 12 years now. No complaints here.

6. rick681

rick681 New Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I have been with sprint for 7 or 8 years now. The last two or three have been great. They will do what they can to help you out. Right now there is know other provider I would think of going too.

7. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    A close family member has had Sprint for 9 years, the first 5 years the account was in my name & I managed it. Neither of us had any bad experience with them. Their coverage in rural/semi urban WI is inadequate but in the more populated areas they are ahead of Verizon.
    BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.296 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I started out service with T-Mobile. Had them for 5 years, then switched to Sprint for the SERO deal which became Everything Plus. Was immensely satisfied in my hometown with coverage from both companies. However at that point T-Mobile has the significantly better CS. Sprint's has however improved. I was sad to leave them recently because I've begun attending college in Enola, PA, and the college is in a bit of a valley where not only does the phone jump back and forth between two towers but other nearby radio towers mangle the signal, which for a Blackberry user just won't do. I did however speak with Sprint customer care, and they ordered up a site survey and took down my name and number to call upon survey completion. My contract was up however and I couldn't wait that long to decrease my plan price. I could no longer afford the $70 Blackberry Everything Plus Plan. I was out of contract but not up for upgrade for a year (strange i know) so i switched to t-mobile for a voice and text only plan because I know they were reliable in this area.

But it comes down to this. Sprint and T-Mobile and Verizon Wireless have the three best customer services in the industry. Short wait times on both fronts, pleasant reps, and prompt resolution of issues if they cannot be solved right away as well as thoughtful follow-up. Something which Sprint wasn't capable off until the past couple years when Sprint began to take the customer very seriously among the customer loss and decrease in revenue. Sprint has gained focus, and I personally feel they are a fantastic company even though they do not provide coverage in my area. When I did have coverage (and that was 90% of the time), it was exceptional providing me all i needed as i needed it. That's something coming from a Blackberry user who needs everything NOW!! Haha!

Overall my experiences with Sprint (as well as T-Mobile) have been pleasant ones and I would honestly recommend either of those over Verizon and AT&T to ANY urban renegade any day

9. BradQue

BradQue Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sidekick 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TMobile
    Thanks for your input SmArTeStChIlD421 - very good comments. I posted my question a while ago out of personal curiosity and am glad to see it actually got some responses.

I currently have Sprint SERO - it's just too good to give up and works well for me. My wife uses a TMobile Sidekick which works well for her and seems to have straightened out since the big outage a couple of months ago.

We also have a legacy Verizon plan - no longer under contract but I am having trouble getting myself to cancel it for some, probably stupid and costly reason unknown to me.

Anyway, they all have their pluses and minuses for sure, largely depending upon, as you say, where you spend most of your time and how you use the phone.

Thanks again,

Brad

10. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    Most of the Sprint users I know are happy (or at least satisfied) with them. Only reason now I am not with them is because they dont work all that well IN MY HOUSE. (I'd rather not test the roaming rules). They have great plans. My dad was with them for a while before unforeseen financial disaster hit him. He still speaks highly of Sprint... he is waiting until tax season to switch from MetroPCS. My best friend has been on Sprint for about 11 years now and though she has the occasional hiccup, it is not enough to make her leave. She can't remember when she had to get angry with the CSRs:D

11. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    If that's the only issue, Sprint has Airave's for that purpose which work very well. They can cover a 3000 sq home and even outside around it for a few hundred feet. A short time ago many people were getting them for free as well.

#11 larry, Dec 5, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  12. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    i was considering an Airave in my school apartment for a while but we didn't have our own independent internet connection and one of two things was bound to happen. Either the Airave would be unable to connect outside the NAT firewall or the school's content filtering would block it on the grounds that it was a VoIP service. it is notorious for blocking Skype categorizing it as a P2P technology......also i was looking to decrease my plan price not add $5 for better coverage in my apartment when i really NEED it everywhere on campus

13. BradQue

BradQue Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sidekick 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TMobile
    Thanks - keep 'em coming. It's interesting to see the positive comments from individuals while at the same time reading all the stories about Sprint's loosing customers and market share. I guess the bottom line is that cell phones and their plans, like so many other things in life, are ultimately governed by our experiences.

14. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    yeah. you can have incredible value but Sprint just didn't have the coverage to back it up in my area. T-Mobile did. In the end those are the 2 companies that I trust even though they haven't always given me what i wanted

15. whitesox034

whitesox034 New Member

When we originally left t-mobile and decided to get Sprint about 4 months ago we have had very good service. The problem wit ht-mobile was that we god ZERO reception in our home, especially in the basement. I couldn't even answer the phone in my own home.
    So after calling t-mobile a zillion times I got them to drop the early termination fee and we started doing research into other companies.
    AT&T was way overpriced and its only advantage was the iphone. When I called them and asked what they had to say about Sprint's prices being lower than theirs, all the CS Rep told me was that the iphone was the best phone ever. I told him that I had an ipod touch and didn'r need an iphone, and he had nothing to say.
    I called Verizon and asked why their prices were higher than Sprint's and they said that they have better service. Despite their prices being MUCH higher, they said that there is no price for good service (I strongly disagree).
    I was later personally contacted by a sales rep from Sprint Business and he worked with me to get me a package we needed and could afford. We ended up getting 5 lines on the Sprint Everything Data at 15% off of the normal cost for no reason at all. Awesome in itself. We also got 5 free blackberries and an additional $400 CREDIT for our plan. We then used that credit to pay for the first few months of service, so as of yet we have not paid anything for our phones.
    I am at school out in NYC and the rest of my family is in the suburbs of Chicago, and we all have great reception.
    The last thing with Sprint was that just after we got our plan they introduced the Any Mobile, Anytime plan and added it to our account automatically. So we went from 1500 minutes a month to basically unlimited. (I think our first month we used something like 37 minutes).

The only problems that we had with Sprint was that the terms of the contract were not reported correctly in our first bill. There was no sight of any $400 credit, they charged us for shipping (we were told that was free), they charged us $36 for activation (supposed to be free too), and they started our contract before we had received the phones (later this too was credited). And they sent the phones in different shipments so one came a few days after the others.
    All of this was taken care of and our phones work great.
    Lastly, the sales rep even let me contact him after hours (he forwarded his office # to his cell phone) so I could ask any phone related questions.

How can Sprint not be the best phone company out there.
    Because I like them so much I even decided to do my marketing analysis report about them and their service.
    If anyone here could take this quick survey it would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks BradQue for already doing so. I really appreciate it.
    James
    Here's the link
    http://cs.createsurvey.com/c/47/7447...92-EkZaOR.html

16. BradQue

BradQue Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sidekick 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TMobile
    Thanks James (whitesox034). A very interesting topic. I already did your survey but think the link to the survey site is broken at the moment (or the research concluded).

I am currently in the process of grading a number of Master's theses myself but on different topics than what yours is about.....not as personally interesting to me as yours sounds but that's how the ball bounces.

Brad