Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Sprint SERO Plan Issues

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by tygger, Jan 25, 2006.

1. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I think Sprint just forgot to remove those address offers from their system. If they still work then go ahead and use them.

2. daisy78

daisy78 New Member

I'm new to this, so I just have some questions. :confused:
    My husband and I have been looking into getting sprint, because overall they have the best price, and we really wanted to get push to talk. Sprint has ready link and seems to have better coverage than nextel, This may or may not be true.

Our 2 year contract with verizon ends in april.
    So, here we go... For the last week I have been pricing every combination out there, trying to find the best deal. Yesterday I found out about sero. I went to the website, typed in an email addy and checked it out. It sounds great.

But I have a couple of questions.
    I know my husband and I will have to get seperate contracts, thats fine, But when we order it from sero's website do we order it all at once, or do it once, come back and do it again?? It seems simpler just to buy it all in one order, we really dont care if its only in one persons name.
    Also Sprint has the 10% discount for credit union members. We are members of a credit union, can we apply this to the sero contract??
    And another thing, Of course I am sure we will be happy with sprint ;) But just in case we are not, I dont want to cancel verizon right off the bat. So it doesnt matter if we have an account with verizon and with sprint at the same time, right?? I have no desire to keep my current phone number, maybe work will never call again *LOL* ..... So can anyone give me any insight on these questions??

3. lennyj17

lennyj17 Junior Member

Daisy- Let me start by saying that you can do most of things that you are wanting to do here..

But let me also add that if you wanted PTT, get a Nextel Hybrid that way you'll still have Sprint coverage and you get the Nextel PTT...And yes you can have those on SERO....Just dont get an IDEN ONLY PHONE (Anything with just an I infront of the model #, you was a model with an IC in front) or you will have more problems then you want or can bare (Sprint is currently doing away with these lines of Phones)....As for the RL no-one uses it, its slower then hell and it just a glorified M2M service (and if that the case i would even worry about RL and just make sure your plans have M2M included that in and of itself is the best feature talk to any Sprint, Nextel, Boost for free)

Hope this helps.

4. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I agree that a hybrid may be the way to go, I have one and the ability to call using the Sprint network helps when the iDEN network is bad or not even available.

The only thing I have to say about this phone that I don't like (I have the ic502) is lack of 850 CDMA usage, the phone will roam but only on 1900 Mhz and this has already shown me where it could be a problem 2 times, other then that I have been impressed that their coverage is better then it use to be so far in my area, but I have some more testing to do to see how they truely are.

5. lennyj17

lennyj17 Junior Member

well my whole statement was based on the OP saying that Sprint preforms better in her area then Nextel does.

So maybe having that 850 isn't need significantly enough to be an issue. people have this false sense of security that they can't seem to live wo 850 mhz roaming. 850 does penetrate better but not if 1900 is build out correctly.

6. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    The reason I mentioned the 850 is that a CDMA signal may be usable where the iDEN isn't, especially if the OP is in a area that they can roam on Verizon or Alltel with both the 850/1900 being available.
    Also if Sprint works better then Nextel in her area, then it may be because of the roaming abilities the hybrids won't have with the lack of 850.
    Check out the Hybrid coverage maps, vs the CDMA maps and you will see the large gaps in PA alone, as well as NJ.

Personally since 850 does travel further then 1900 as well as penetrate better, in area's that 1900 isn't built out right, it can make the difference the OP or others need. I guarantee if the phone I have had 850 CDMA roaming, I wouldn't have had the couple of dead spots already, since I would have been able to roam on Verizon's 850 band & had coverage.

So yes it does give a sense of security but not a false one.

I have more problems with the iDEN in our area and the OP may be having the same problems.

7. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    K well I am trying to get to the checkout why isnt there a link to go buy the service??

8. parabellum

parabellum New Member

I'm using mozilla firefox as my browser and the adblock plugin was blocking the graphic to check out. Try disabling that or any ad blocking software you have.

I just ended up using internet explorer.

9. WonderDude2k

WonderDude2k New Member

My Phone:
    Samsung a900
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS
    go to www.sprint.com/sero

use savings@sprintemi.com as the address. you need a valid zip code, too. worked for me yesterday.

10. hinano_paradise

hinano_paradise Junior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Curve 3G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    O2-UK, Vodafone-UK, AT&T Wireless (USA), O2-IE
    Why are the Motorola Q and the Samsung SPH-A900 no longer available? I looked and now the Samsung SPH-A900 isn't even available on the regular Sprint site, was this phone discontinued?

11. hinano_paradise

My Phone:
    Blackberry Curve 3G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sorry, I believe that name of the phone that I was actually referring to is Samsung A900M. Does that sound right?

Also, if I want to get the RIM BlackBerry 7130e, then I wouldn't need to pay additionally for an additional data plan would I? Can you connect this phone to laptops via Bluetooth to connect to the internet? I have a MacBook Pro and want to know if I could use the phone to connect my laptop to the internet. Thanks!

#131 hinano_paradise, May 14, 2007
    Last edited: May 14, 2007
  12. hinano_paradise

My Phone:
    Blackberry Curve 3G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    I called and spoke to Sprint to ask about why the Samsung A900M is no longer offered on their website and they said that it was discontinued.:(

13. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Very nice...........................

14. SleepEZ

SleepEZ New Member

I'm a total newb here. I have never had a cell phone, but my friend told me about this plan so I decided to check it out. Well, I tried that "savings@sprint.com" address at the "www.sprint.com/sero" site under the Sprint tab and was forwared to a phone number I have to call. I called in and the opperator said I could not use "savings@sprint.com", I needed a real address with the name of the person who refered me. So, I tried entering the same address under the Nextel tab, and that does take me to the plan selection website for Nextel with the 500 min $30 plan. I don't know too much about these things, but should I just use the Nextel plan or should I keep trying with the Sprint operators until I get a guy who will let me in without a real email address? (meaning is Sprint better than Nextel?) If someone don't mind PMing me an email address that works, that would be great as well. Thanks guys.

15. parabellum

parabellum New Member

You could go into a corprate sprint store and ask a sales rep a few questions about different phones/plans and then ask him for his business card.

If his email address isn't on there just use his full name @sprint.com

16. twiztedjustin

twiztedjustin New Member

Hi, new member here. After reading over the thread, I went and checked the email that I received when I signed up last August. Here's why.

I was working a vendor call center for Sprint, we had just started taking Sprint calls and we had reps from Sprint come sit with us in training and on the floor for awhile. One of the reps told us about SERO and we signed up under his email address.

I signed up online, and I selected the Samsung A900. I "almost" specifically remember it saying I would have unlimited data and that it included PICTUREMAIL.

Here is what my email says :

Your Order Includes:
    Qty - Description
    --------------------
    2 Samsung A900 (Multimedia Phone)

2 Sprint Employee Referral Offer 1250
    1 FREE! Power Vision Unlimited Web, Data and Picture Mail
    1 FREE! Unlimited Web, Data and Picture Mail

So, as I'm just now pasting this, I become more confused. It wants me to pay the $5 a month for picture mail also, and I have no idea if my brother's phone would ask him for the $5 or not...

either way I can hook my phone up to my computer to upload/download pics so I wasn't concerned with it. Now that I see I should have it, or could, I'm going to call them. I called earlier, projected wait time of 30 minutes, and that was with retention. Jeez.

* Adjustable Anytime Minutes
    * $49.99 Minimum Monthly Charge
    * AMERICA - ROAMING Included
    * Nationwide Long Distance Included
    * Unlimited Night & Weekend Mins. Included
    * Nights: M-Th 9PM-7AM Wknd: F 9PM-M 7AM
    * Unlimited Vision Access
    * Unlimited Mobile to Mobile
    * Caller ID, Call Waiting
    * Three-way Calling
    * Voicemail

Both of our online accounts say that, so I believe we have the same everything. I was told I would have picture mail, so I'm going to get it, even if I have to threaten to cancel lol.

Basically, I haven't work for Sprint since Oct so I can't look up the info myself, the crappy help files we had didn't really specify, and I had several different Sprint reps tell me different answers if I was suppose to have the picture mail or not.
    I can get picture mail, and fwd it, I just can't send it *rolling eyes*

17. twiztedjustin

twiztedjustin New Member

I finally called today, regular Sprint CS. It took awhile to explain to the guy and him to look it up, but now I have free picture mail on both phones.

18. Kalimotxo

Kalimotxo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    The latest and greatest.
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of them.
    30 mins to reach a CS rep? You're lucky :). I think the longest I've waited was over an hour. I swear Sprint has the worst customer service I have ever dealt with...

19. jdenny

jdenny New Member

Hello everybody, I've called several times trying to get the sero plan without having to give a sprint email. As far as I can tell there is no way to get sero online anymore (unless I'm blind- which is likely). I got thru on the website using the savings@... email but couldn't find a way to order service from there.

I'd like to avoid inadvertently screwing some Sprint employee by using their email without permission. Does anyone out there want to email me theirs to use? I can assure you NO ONE else will use it but me.

Also, anybody heard of any reprecusions from getting caught using an email?

Thanks a lot, I'd greatly appreciate any and all help.

20. sstrnod

sstrnod New Member

My Phone:
    (SPH-)M500 by Samsung
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint Nextel
    I just enrolled in the current SERO plan this week, and it was most painful dealing with Reps who knew little or nothing (or were misinformed) about this program -- but as others have said early on, it's worth it.

KEY: Just keep trying to get Reps who know what they're doing, keep asking to be transferred to other departments, etc. It takes multiple attempts, but it can be done.

PROCESS USED: Goto URL sprint.com/sero > Support > View All Support > (Helpful Links) User Forums

(1) Scoll down to (currently 2nd post) entitled: "SERO Open for a Limited Time"
    Written by Tristan Kime, Posted Wednesday, 09 May 2007

(2) It starts out: For a limited time The Sprint Employee Refferal Offer is now open to users of Buzz About Wireless. This is a great deal for both voice and data plans.

(3) Read the rest for details.

PURCHASING SERVICE: As noted by others above, once entering a valid sprint employee email address (supposedly each employee is limited to 5/year, but it doesn't appear to be enforced) the only option available is to dial an 888 number (open 7am - 1am EDT). Ask the Rep if they're familiar with the plan (dialing *2 is worthless and consumes hours of wasted time); if not, ask to be transferred or hangup and call back to get another Rep. [I felt bad, but got the number for EBP (Employee Benefit Plan) or Employee Care and was taken very good care of -- although it was as a desperate measure because I was going to crawl through the phone line and strangle the person (do they outsource?) in Jamaica or India or wherever that *2 delivered me to ...]

IMPORTANT NOTE: Traditionally this plan only included Unlimited Data, and NOT Text. However, the current promotion DOES include Unlimited Text (confirmed by three sources there to mean SMS Text, SMS Voice, IM, and Chat). No "Phone as Modem" included.

After looking at my Plan Details online (called the Fair & Flexible Plan), I noticed that the Rep who signed me up FAILED to "add the correct code" for the Unlimited Text promotion. So make sure you get this included (I had to call back several times!).

Good Luck! Current Offer claims to expire 06/17/07. - Shain S.

21. sstrnod

sstrnod New Member

My Phone:
    (SPH-)M500 by Samsung
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint Nextel
    CORRECTION to immediately preceding post's line beginning with PROCESSED USED: ...

URL sprint.com/sero = URL sprint.com

22. jdenny

jdenny New Member

Thanks a million! I am now on a SERO plan thanks to sstrnod! I did end up just giving them that email. The rep said that was a common one (which made me think I was screwed) but he was cool and signed me up without giving me any trouble about it.

Overall it took around 45 minutes so I feel really lucky. Thanks also to this website for the info that lead me to SERO.:)

23. NeilP

NeilP New Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I just called customer service and asked that we be given unlimited text messages and not just the 500 we had had. It was changed quickly.

In a second call I asked that our free night minutes start at 7 PM instead of 9 PM. It took her a few minutes to figure out how to do it but logging on to sprint.com and viewing our plan details reflects the changes.

When I first read about the SERO plan the fall of 2006 one person said Sprint employees get some kind of benefit if people use their name to sign up. For that reason I didn't hesitate to help out John Smith by giving his email address when signing up: john.smith@sprint.com :wink:

24. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    That's not really true. They don't get anything out of it other than the satisfaction of helping someone get a good deal.

25. merih

merih New Member

Dear Larry,
    we need a sprint e-mail ASAP to take advantage of SERO.
    Thank you so much,
    Merih

26. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Well you can either search for this using google or you can go to a local store and get a card from one of the employees.

27. savings@sprintemi.com

does that still work? thats the one ive heard alot of people using.

28. merih

merih New Member

thank you very much... thank you for youe consideration. i will try.

29. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    LOL thanks for posting that I knew it was somewhere I didnt remember it.

30. carpedia

carpedia New Member

Hi Larry,
    Could you send me an email address so I can sign up for the SERO plan. Thanks.
    Carpedia
    lenie3@gmail.com