Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Sprint SERO Plan Issues

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by tygger, Jan 25, 2006.

1. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Yeah I've heard that but it apparently was never enforced until now. I gave out at least 30 that I know signed up for sure. And over 100+ others that I'm not sure about over the past year.

2. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I figured you stopped because your referral credits had been maxed out.

:lol:

3. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Well that actually happened a long time ago. :D

4. Steve B

Steve B Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Well, I guess I got in under the wire. LOL I used the thing Larry gave me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I wish I could find out just how many SERO sign-ups I was responsible for. I would guess somewhere between 40 and 100. Sprint should give me free service for a year. ;)

6. ljonez35

ljonez35 New Member

Larry,

Is it possible to give out one more referral? The deal seems awesome. Thanks in advance.

7. jetskiscott

jetskiscott New Member

I've had Sprint for about 6 months. I was getting a corporate discount because I work for a state agency so I was already in the 'business' side of Sprint. I called them and asked to be switched over to the SERO plan. Several reps said no, but I finally found one that said yes. Today I checked my account and I have this :)) This is the best deal in town. I had to renew my contract for 2 years, but that's no problem at all.

Sprint Fair & Flexible Plan

* Adjustable Anytime Minutes
    * $30 Minimum Monthly Charge
    * AMERICA - ROAMING Included
    * Nationwide Long Distance Included
    * Unlimited Night & Weekend Mins. Included
    * Nights: M-Th 7PM-7AM Wknd: F 7PM-M 7AM
    * Unlimited Vision Access
    * Unlimited Mobile to Mobile
    * Caller ID, Call Waiting
    * Three-way Calling
    * Voicemail

8. jetskiscott

jetskiscott New Member

9. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    The Sprint SERO special ended, on 12/31/06, that's why it's not working anylonger.

10. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    i feel really bad for all of the people who didnt get to take advantage of this great offer...........haha

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. djjim

djjim Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8370 Clout
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (Old:Alltel, Nextel, At&t, USCC, Cricket)
    The site still works for me...I bet you SERO is not over with. Remember a year ago when it said "offer ends 6/06"???? And it didn't!

12. NYCDru

NYCDru Sprint Newbie

My Phone:
    Motrola V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Verizon(former), ATT(former),
    I literaly got in on this on Saturday morning. Things are going suprisingly smoothhly so far. My phone is a 15 m,inute walk from my house right now and should be deliverd tonight (a day early might I ad).

YAY!!!! No more $100 phone bills.

13. Fire14

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Wow, your not a Verizon customer anymore? that's suprising. Maybe we should get John Stossel to get us back on the show to talk about carriers & more on prices and how they changed. ;)

14. NYCDru

NYCDru Sprint Newbie

My Phone:
    Motrola V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    I haven't switched just yet. still waiting for the phone. But yeah, 99% chance I will be a Sprint customer as of 1/10/07. Wow, that was 3 years and 11 months of VZW customer.

15. Fire14

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Well I hope Sprint works out for you & please give us any updates how they are in the City.

16. NYCDru

NYCDru Sprint Newbie

My Phone:
    Motrola V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    In the next month I will probably update on Manhatan, Brooklyn, the drive down to the DC area and the DC area. Hmm. I think I ay start a thread just for my sprint experience once I get my phone. We will see.

17. DavidJ

DavidJ New Member

Keep existing number ?

I have a few questions about this SERO

1: Is it best to sign up online using the link http://sprint.com/sero ? From what I've read here most people have first signed up with sprint and then within 30 days have called and switched there plan to the SERO.

2: Have existing non sprint wireless users been able to keep their number when they make the switch? according to the SERO website you can indeed keep your old number. (I just want this confirmed by people who have actually done this successfully)

3: If you are a sprint customer of say, more than 2 years can you switch to SERO (and keep your number)?

4: If you can't switch to SERO, could you switch to a pay as you go service, like Virgin mobile (porting your number)? and then switch back to sprint within a few days (or I a month if you must) to qualify as a New Customer (and still port your number) ?

Most emphasis on question 3 & 4 since I am currently a sprint customer who is ready to switch to another carrier. Unless of course I can get in on this SERO

Thanks for the help.

David
    :)

18. jagowar

jagowar New Member

I hope it keeps on going.... the sero plan looks awesome but I wanted a moto Q (whcich should be avaliable in a couple of weeks) so I held off getting this.

19. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Re: Keep existing number ?

I can answer some of these questions.

1) If you are a new customer you must use the website

2) You can definitely keep your number unless your are currently a Nextel or Boost customer. Then there is a lot more involved. I was a Boost customer and tried to switch and i couldnt because a Boost number is considered a Nextel number and therefore considered a Sprint number and you cant trnasfer a number out of a company and the transfer it back in. So youll have to order service with a new number then call customer service and explain the situation that you are currently a Boost customer to transfer your number over.

3) You shouldnt be able to switch to this SERO plan if you are anb existing customer, but there arent any blocks on the prompts in the reps systems cuz people slip through the cracks......If you call in to ask for an upgrade ask them if you can switch to this plan and extend your contract for one year and get a new phone. You might be able to unless a smart supervisor is on shift.....

4) This is actually something i was considering doing so that i can save my number but it wasnt worth it........so i just got a new number but this would prolli work........when you transfer your number out.......youll need to make sure your balance is payed and maybe wait a month or two...

20. WonderDude2k

WonderDude2k New Member

My Phone:
    Samsung a900
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS
    The site now says, "Offers end 12/31/07..."

21. efreeman1980

efreeman1980 New Member

I'm trying to get this deal to work. I want to get off my family plan to get on to the SERO plan. I talked customer service at Sprint who said I'd have to do the following to avoid a $200 early termination fee:

1) Submit an Application for Transfer of Service, to get the billing onto my Name for my current phone number.
    2) Have "my friend" from Sprint transfer my phone to the Sero program.

My question: I don't have a friend at Sprint, can I still get my phone transferred to SERO after getting it in my name? How?

22. jagowar

jagowar New Member

anybody know if/when they will add the motorola Q to the sero list (now that its out)? If I can find a "friend" and get the Q I will order today.

23. Andrew9578

Andrew9578 New Member

does anyone know if this plan is still available. and if so, do you have an email address I can use.

Andrew9578

24. chick915

chick915 New Member

HELP. I didn't realize what a hassle this whole sero ordeal can be. I spent 2 hrs on the phone, bouncing from one department to the next. I am receiving my phone monday (let's hope) and i am hoping i dont run into the plan/rate problems some of you experienced.

MY question though is this: can we NOT transfer our OLD number (I've been with sprint fro 5 yrs) with the sero plan. THe rep told me that I HAVE TO get a new number. But isnt it required by law for phone companies to carry over your old number. Besides, as I recall, on the website, it did ask me if i want to port my old number onto my new phone. (I clicked yes of course). Long story short, I sacrifaced my old number for this sero plan. I hate this because I depend on my cell phone for everything and it's my primary number for EVERYTHING. I've grown so attached to my freaking number. ANyone got any ideas? or just drop the issue...

OH, i posted this elsewhere, but as of JAN. 19 2007, The sero website is not working anymore. NO email address would work, so I think they are finally cracking down on it. Anyone got any loopholes?

thanks everyone.
    :confused:

25. drewjung44

drewjung44 New Member

Is there anyway somebody can give me a referral email address. If so, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

26. dave40252

dave40252 New Member

27. the2ndflood

the2ndflood New Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    You have to call and set up everything on the Sero. But I hate hearing people getting pissed off over any problems they are having setting up the Sero. It's a cheap plan with lots of free features. If you have to going through some problems setting it up, it's still a Sero plan! And stop being greedy asking for more features. You managed to get a plan that only Sprint employees and family members are ((suppose)) to get. You are lucky on a level that most people will never be. So stop getting mad because of some problems setting up the plan. And stop asking for more features.

28. NYCDru

NYCDru Sprint Newbie

My Phone:
    Motrola V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AMEN!!!!!

I will have a review of phone and service up soon, I promise.

29. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I totally agree! I've had people PM me asking if they could get a 20% or 25% business discount in addition to a SERO plan and other free stuff. I was ROFL at that those. Why not just give them free service instead? :D I mean Sprint is in the business to make money and they are already barely making anything on the SERO's as it is by the time you figure in their costs. And then I have had a few people PM me telling me about something that got messed up during activation/set up and that they had cancelled and were never going to use Sprint again. blah blah blah. But for the most part they have worked out well and most people are very happy with them.

30. nathan1234

nathan1234 New Member

My Phone:
    Kyocera Dinosaur
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, soon to be Sprint
    I read that SERO only had open access until the end of February. I tried out a number of email addresses that still work, even though they aren't supposed to anymore.

Did the open access deal get extended?

If I use one of the public email addresses like "savings@sprint.com", is there a risk that my contract will be changed / cancelled? Has anyone tried this recently?