Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Sprint SERO Plan Issues

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by tygger, Jan 25, 2006.

1. jspo

jspo New Member

Go figure. Third rep said okay, was entitled as my company has a 12% discount rate. So, that means I can afford that one tv channel which is really cool.

2. destroier

destroier New Member

Can someone please pm a Sprint email address? I need this plan, thanks.

3. letchcj

letchcj New Member

Can use anyone's email address from Sprint? Do they confirm with the Sprint employee? Is there anyone willing to provide me with an email address. Please email me. Thanks.

4. missaliss

missaliss New Member

Need a sprint emloyee email address

I am currently a verizon customer but want to switch to the sprint sero plan. I heard you can do it over the phone I also heard that new customers need to switch on line but online they say I need a sprint email address. I have one from a store manager but it's not working. Anyone have an address I could use or any advice.

thanks,
    alissa

5. elizabethcshay

elizabethcshay New Member

Hi, I just got a new contract with sprint and was hoping to get on the sero plan, is there an e-mail address I can use for a referral? E-mail me at elizabethcshay@yahoo.com or pm me, thanks!

6. scottks

scottks New Member

I tried to get the SERO plan today after upgrading to a Katana. Customer service told me to dial #REF. Hmmm, according to the recording and menu system, they no longer need an email from a Sprint employee, they need the employee's Sprint 10-digit phone number. This is going to greatly limit the number of people getting this plan, because who in their right mind is going to give out their PCS number? Only friends and family, according to the Sprint Store employee I talked to about 30 minutes ago.

So, any Sprint employees on this forum who still want to help? I could see an exchange scenario go something like this:

Sprint employee gives out Sprint email address (like they have done in the past). New phone Sprint customer emails Sprint employee and sends their own Sprint phone number as a token of trust. Sprint employee then sends customer their PCS number to get the SERO plan. Anyone think of a better way?

7. elizabethcshay

elizabethcshay New Member

well i just called retentions and they said that all i needed was a e-mail, so maybe if you try again you could do that?

8. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    First of all I'm amazed at how many new members are coming here wanting to get on SERO. :)

Anyway to scottks, you don't need a Sprint employee's phone number. Whoever told you that doesn't know what they are talking about. The e-mail address will work fine. If you need an address send me a private message here (no e-mails please) and I will send you one that will work. Remember that your zip code must qualify for the SERO plans. They are not available in all markets.

9. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    the Sprint reps are getting the #REF mixed up with the SERO plan.........thats a referral for when you refer someone else to Sprint..........if you tell someone to get Sprint......when they get their phone.............they dial that number and enter in your Sprint number and their Sprint number and then within 6-8 weeks they will send each of you one $25 prepaid debit card as a sort of reward.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. scottks

scottks New Member

I just called Sprint again, and this time they told me that SERO is only for new sign-ups, not people that have had Sprint before. I didn't think it mattered!

11. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    They have always been for new sign-ups only. Can you imagine how much money they would lose if every customer switched over to them. :D

12. NanCo63

NanCo63 New Member

Just signed up for SERO plan. I had switched to Sprint last Friday from another company and signed up for the Fair & Flexible 450 plan, then read about SERO plan on this site looking for info on corporate discounts.

When my phone arrived, I used *2 and told them I wanted to switch my phone to a SERO plan. The rep told me that was for Sprint employees or friends and asked if I was an employee. I said, I was using the friend referral and had an e mail address of the employee. She checked my Sprint account and said she would need to transfer me to another dept to handle the switch. She transfered me to Business services and the rep initially didn't know what I was talking about. I told her that the rep that first answered said I was eligible but that she would have to transfer me to this department to complete the transaction. As I explained the 500 minutes for $30.00, it sounded like someone in the background was telling her what to do. She set me up and never asked for the e mail address, so we will see if it goes through. I don't know if she used her own e mail address or what.

I then had to call back in from my land line to do a ESN Swap and the rep. there recapped my service and said that my plan was being switched at my next billing cycle from the F&F 450 to the SERO plan and went over all the details, so it is currently in the system.

He also checked and found that corporate discounts did not apply for our company to individual accounts only corporate accounts. I don't know if he was just referring to our specific company or if this was because of the SERO plan. My father in law had told me that there are numerous sources of discounts, including credit unions, etc. There seems to be conflicting info in the posts as to whether corporate discounts apply to the SERO plans or not.

I called about 1:43 p.m. CST and had no wait on any of my calls.

13. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    The SERO plans are supposed to be for online sign-ups only. Many customer service reps won't even know about them. So you're lucky you were able to do a switch by calling in.

You cannot get a corporate discount applied to a SERO plan. The plans are already a huge discount to begin with so why would you expect to get even more off of one? Sprint is barely making any money on a $30 SERO as it is.

14. CraigF

CraigF New Member

I'm another new member tempted by SERO. I have Verizon now, and the data plan alone costs more than the 500 minute SERO plan.

I'm interested in the Palm 700wx, which is not (yet) listed on the SERO site. Is it possible to get this phone on a SERO plan, or is SERO really limited to the phones listed on the site?

TIA.

15. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Sprint service is limited to Sprint phones only......

if you purchased new service and are in your trial period of 30 days then you can switch your service to SERO

you shouldnt be able to put a corporate discount on a SERO plan but there obviously no electronic blocks in the system because people have reported to have done it......all because of ineducated reps (this is the only time that i rejoice in them :bomb:

haha

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. CraigF

CraigF New Member

That's the obvious part. :) What I meant was "Can I get a Sprint phone that's not on the SERO site, such as the Palm 700wx?".

I called the SERO number, and they told me no, that I'd have to wait until it shows up there.

Bummer. I'm not sure I want a PalmOS phone.

17. Mafiosetto

Mafiosetto New Member

Do you have to be a sprint employee to get SERO, I called up with a friends email and they asked where do I want it sent to, can I give them my name? Do they contact the employee?

18. NanCo63

NanCo63 New Member

I believe Sprint lists the Palm 700wx as an available phone on its regular Fair & Flexible plan. I don't know if they have a separate list for SERO. I started my plan as a regular F&F plan with a Nokia phone, then switched to SERO w/n 30 days. I didn't have to switch phones. No one said anything about an issue with the phone not being a SERO plan phone. It doesn't have a camara so I won't be able to utilize the photo mailing for the SERO plan but don't care about that.

19. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    no chances are that Sprint will not accept o phone that you have bought froma third party......Sprint knows because the ESNs of all the phones they sell are logged into their system so the system will reject any ESN that is not in the system

20. djjim

djjim Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8370 Clout
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (Old:Alltel, Nextel, At&t, USCC, Cricket)
    Avoid Inphonic

:eek: I ordered SERO. I received the package and returned to inphonic without even opening the box. If you want to know why I did not keep the plan, PM me and I will explain to you. I sent the phone back and my credit card is still not credited! It has been 3 weeks! Check this link out....not good! http://www.dc.bbb.org/report.html?national=Y&compid=23004111

21. Darkflight

Darkflight New Member

My Phone:
    All of them
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint Nextel
    Well if you don't notify Sprint or Sero/Imphonic of the return, then you may not get credited. Simply refusing a package doesn't mean it's been 'returned'.

22. djjim

djjim Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8370 Clout
    Wireless Provider(s):
    No, I called the day I received it. I called Inphonic, got a RA# and sent it back the next day. Inphonic acknowledges they received the items back on 10/2/06 and say that the credit would be there within 7-10 days. Their website say 48 hours. Today is 10/22 and no credit! I finally had to call my credit card company to dispute the charges. Inphonic also charged my card a 50 dollar fee and never told me they were going to do it! Unauthorized. Is that legal? They say my credit was not good enough and that I needed to put a deposit down?!?!?!?! I have perfect credit and a high beacon score! I smell scam! I could go on, but maybe later...dinner is ready and smells good!

PS I also called Sprint to cancel service. That went fine and the Sprint folks were very nice. I think providers need to be very careful. Most people do not realize that Inphonic and Sprint are two different entities. Inphonic is giving Sprint a bad rep since they "pose" as Sprint.

23. zboz

zboz New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola i860
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Nextel
    i am a current nextel subscriber can i switch to a sprint sero plan?

24. undsputed

undsputed New Member

Hey there, I can access the site and check out the plans. I wanted clarification on the Power Vision though. I'm with Verizon right now, and really, I'm looking for a good reason to switch...haha. I can literally get more for less money. I'm between T-Mobile and Sprint right now.

My Power Vision question regards Sprint TV. I'd like to add it on, but the SERO site doesnt have it as an option like the standard Sprint site. I assume it's not included as was discussed earlier. So, can I add Sprint TV at a later time? Can I purchase a channel or two? Really all I would want would be Fox News and the NFL Network. Does anyone know how much those would cost inidividually per month? Any information you can give would help. I just want to find this out in advance of signing up for anything.

I'd prefer to get the Samsung A920 with SERO but it's not listed. Any way to make that happen? If not, the other Samsung isn't bad either and it's not much of an issue.

Thanks for the assistance.

25. undsputed

undsputed New Member

In response to the question above me, they have a SERO plan for Nextel also which has similar benefits. Check out the SERO link for more details. I can't answer whether they let existing customers switch though.

26. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I am no longer giving out referrals for SERO.

27. djjim

djjim Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8370 Clout
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tired of getting bothered? lol......:browani:

28. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Well when I get 5 or 6 a day it kind of becomes a chore answering them all. But the reason I'm not giving them out is because the e-mail address has been maxed out and no longer works.

29. TelcomJunkie

TelcomJunkie Bad Handoff Investigator

Wireless Provider(s):
    Big Brother
    I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did. I've heard the limit is 5 referrals per address.

30. zboz

zboz New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola i860
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Nextel
    i got an email from ecare stating that i could switch my nextel over to sero, however when i call nobody seems to know what this is, and the few that did now said they could not set it up and would just transfer me to someone else...anyone have a good number to call?