Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Sprint Rocks

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Jan 24, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I think Sprint is the best service. i live on long island Central, only 5 miles from sunken meadow stae park. My service is Great. I nevr have a problem making a call. I love walking past all those ATT and voicestream customers who have no srvice while im making a call. Sprint is the largest growing network prob with the best phones and technolgy. Samsung and sanyo are the giants Lg is good too. The fact is there all made by Quallcomm,, and all samsung phones are the same software base so there easy to use. Plus great web features lik AOL IM and many tolls shooping sports weather news Plane info flight times etc. If your looking for a good phone Try sprint.

2. Kenny

Kenny Senior Member

Yeah but Sprint PCS service is not good at all in Hicksville, Long Island.

AT&T has lagged behind in cool phones but are coming out with a number of ultra cool phones...
    Take a look at the Ericsson T68, T39, 520LX and Nokia 8390, 8265. Some of these phones
    features Infrared, WAP, Outlook Sync, etc. The T68 and 8390 are ultra-cool looking phones!

LG recently announced that they're also jumping into the GSM/GPRS/UMTS market and so
    that'll be a great addition not just for AT&T but for Cingular and Voicestream too.

Sanyo and Samsung are not made by Qualcomm. Handset manufacturers either use the CDMA
    Qualcomm chipset or have a CDMA license from them.

3. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    All carriers are going to have some weak spots here and there but notice how the complaints have dropped tremendously against Sprint over the past 6 months. They've done an excellent job improving their network and customer service, especially since last summer. On a national level, dropped calls have decreased by 12 percent and customer service wait times have also decreased.

4. Dre

Dre New Member

Personally I think Sprint is terrible. Sprint does a good job of misleading you with their service by putting sprint stores in an area where you have a full 5 bars of service. I bought my phone from a Sprint store near to my house only a 20 bus ride away, but by the time i got home my service to my suprise had decreased to 1 and 2 bars which of course i wasnt expecting. Does anybody know what course of action i can take to either get better service or get out my contract early. I already tried those tv cell phone boosters and they dont work worth crap. Please help the only time I use my phone is when i am in manhattan, and in my house making a call would be a mircale. Please help thanks.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

When the signal strength of the phone is decreased the powr output is incresed therfore making the call better. This is done automaticly by the phone

6. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Your right. Most of the time it is kinda funny I was up in sharon pa in november and there was a sprint store but no service was available in the area. Had a sprint phone in my car at the time

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I find it hard to believe there was a Sprint store but no service available. Either the store wasn't open yet or there was at least some service around. They can't be selling phones without a signal.

8. mbstone99

mbstone99 New Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    Nextel
    << Your right. Most of the time it is kinda funny I was up in sharon pa in november and there was a sprint store but no service was available in the area. Had a sprint phone in my car at the time

Jack
    >>

I am down in New Castle, 20 minutes south and my wife used to be on Sprint until the end of November when her renewal finally came up and she switched to a better company. I think the northern edge of the Sprint coverage is around New Castle and there is coverage across the I-80 and up the I-79 corridors. As far as the coverage here in New Castle, it was crap. We live in the center of town and half the time her phone would switch between analog roam and digital. Also if you go 10 minutes north outta New Castle to Eastbrook in Hickory Twp and there is only analog roam coverage. Customer service was terrible and really rude and wouldn't do anything to help her when she complained about the bad coverage. If you look at the sprintsites.com site for the coverage there are 5 towers in Lawrence Co and none are in New Castle and 5 towers in Mercer Co and the only tower in the Sharon/Hermitage area is north in Clark, no wonder the coverage sucks there and here!

Matthew

9. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Member

Dre,

Are you suggesting that Sprint put stores in locations where the signal strength is weak? Obviously Sprint will locate the stores where the signal is strong otherwise the marketing dept wouldn't be doing their job. You can't begrudge Sprint for locating their stores in an area with a strong signal and then because you live in a bad area accuse them of disception.

If you do have a poor signal in an area where you use your phone then you have a legitimate complaint so I am not dismissing that, only your suggestion of being mislead.

Tom

10. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    mbstone99,

Let me explain the reson for this. Your area is full of Full of NIMBY mentality that prevents new Sprint towers from happening.

Second, don't go by sprintsites.com. It only list a small fraction of the actual number of towers and sites that Sprint has. It basically only lists the ones that Sprint has decided to offer to other companies for co-location purposes. Notice there are no towers listed here in the city of Long Beach, CA which has at least 25 Sprint sites in operation. None are feasible for colocation for various reasons.

Larry

11. mbstone99

mbstone99 New Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    Nextel
    &gt; Let me explain the reson for this. Your area is full of Full of NIMBY
    &gt; mentality that prevents new Sprint towers from happening.

Nimby mentality? Hmm could you explain what you mean by that? As far as sprintsites.com I wouldn't doubt at least for this county what they have is true as the coverage does suck in the city but as you go into the townships the coverage does improve drastically.

Matthew

12. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Not
    In
    My
    Back
    Yard

To put it in the first person: I'll be (insert favorite cuss word here) if I am going to allow them to put wireless towers up in my residential neighborhood. I don't want radio wave brain damage!

This unfounded fear has kept local governments and such from allowing licenses to expand the infrustructure needed to support wireless services. For the carriers, it is a "catch-22" situation. Everyone wants to be able to use their cellphones from home, but they don't want to allow the carriers to build the towers to support the need. Uninformed users just expect things to work by magic.

Kevin

13. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Thanks Kevin [​IMG]

The truth is that NIMBY mentality has affected Sprint more than it has the other carriers in many places.

14. Dre

Dre New Member

No Tommyboy, what i am saying is that Sprint puts its stores where its signal strength is strong (a full 5 bars), so turning on the phone in store with that strong of a signal would lead you to believe that if you only live a 20 minute bus ride away or about a mile away that it should still have the strength that it did when you bought it. Not something drastic like in my situation where by the time i got home actually making or receiving a call would be a privelege. Unless you live somewhere in the woods or in a tunnel there is no reason that your service should consist of 1 bar nimby tower or no nimby tower, not when you buy a timeport for 2