Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Sprint Roaming Question

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by cellular_freak, Sep 22, 2006.

1. cellular_freak

cellular_freak Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 5S 64GB White
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I was wondering if anybody knew if Sprint has any plans that includes unlimited roaming. I recently went into a Sprint store and they told me that there was no coverage where I lived. I had told them that I could be going to school and working in an area covered by Sprint. The only problem would be, is that I live in an area where only Nextel, Cellular One/ Dobson, and Thumb Cellular covers. I currently am with Cellular One, but I am not entirely happy with my phone and the network around here. Also, I used to have a Nextel, and that will NEVER happen again. And lastly, Thumb Cellular only covers the thumb of Michigan, so they are of no use to me. I know that Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, and Alltel all have roaming agreements with Cell One and Thumb Cellular, but I was hoping somebody knew something about Sprint. Or maybe if anyone knows if Sprint will be adding CDMA to Nextel's current iDEN network, and then maybe I could get Sprint then . . . Thanks for the help!

2. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    AS far as I know, most, if not all Sprint plans offered now include inlimited roaming unless the area you want to get service from is an affiliate area. Check out Sprint's website and see for yourself:
    www.sprint.com

3. UFO

UFO Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint and alltel
    In Michigan, where the op is describing I am thinking that is an affiliate area so it's hard to say. I've not heard good things about the Sprint affiliate in Michigan. Whenever you hear unlimited roaming though, that's good, what worries me though is how many SIDs are marked as NEG to allow this to happen.

Sprint will probably not be adding CDMA to Nextel's current iDen network in the near future. It appears as if their next move is to try to get a phone designed that can use iDen and CDMA ... we'll see how that goes, I wouldn't expect much from it to begin with just because new technology usually has a way of not working out right. I also think it's just being offered to Nextel customers at first which to me, sounds like using guinea pigs.

4. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Sprint actually has more native and roaming coverage combined than any other carrier.

5. cellular_freak

cellular_freak Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 5S 64GB White
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Well I have heard that the Saginaw, Bay City, Midland, Grand Rapids areas all are affiliated with iPCS. You have to go to Flint, Detroit, Lansing, or Ann Arbor to be serviced by Sprint. So does that mean that iPCS won't have unlimited roaming like Sprint would have in areas that are actually Sprint?

6. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    And how is this measured? By square miles covered, pops?

7. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint