Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Sprint-Refurbished

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by paintbucket, Apr 8, 2009.

1. paintbucket

paintbucket New Member

Hi, I'm new to this site so Hello to everyone. I need a ? answered real quick. I bought two cells a couple days ago and today while checking out the camers I found pics on both phones. N ow these are supposed to be New phones. When I called the store they were laughing about it.
    So I called the main co. and they said they were refurbished. I paid alot of money. They said take them back to the store and get new ones. Well if the pics hadn't been on there I wouldn't know they were used. Should I just tell them to keep them and get another carrier or trust them. Have never delt with this co. before. Thanks

2. Kalimotxo

Kalimotxo Bronze Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    The latest and greatest.
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of them.
    It sounds like you might have been scammed into buying a phone that wasn't brand new at all.

If they are refurbs, they should have told you when you bought them and they would have been discounted.

If I were you I would take the phones back and complain to the reps.

3. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 13 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, AT&T Prepaid
    I have experienced this at a Best Buy store in Columbus, Ohio once, but never from a corporate store...of any company. Not to say it wouldn't happen at a corporate store, anything is possible.

The problem is I think the stores (any store) can still sell them as new if they had never been activated. So even if the box was opened and the phone turned on and pictures were taken, if the phone was never active on anyone's account, I think it qualifies as new.

Still, any store manager worth anything should exchange those for you for new, unopened phones at your request.

4. paintbucket

paintbucket New Member

Icalled the store where I bought them and the sales person was laughing and said bring in the phones so, I called the CO. after I noticed the pics on the phones were for 3 seperate months. I think they thought I was a complainer but I want what I paid for. I haven't gone there yet I just don't know if I can trust them. Plus the guys name on the phone is still there. They have had 4 days to change it to my name & getting alot of text to this person.

5. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 13 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, AT&T Prepaid
    So you are saying not only were you sold used phones, but you were also assigned the very same phone number as the previous owner? That seems very bizarre.

6. paintbucket

paintbucket New Member

Yes and my husbands is the same deal. someone elses # and pics. Thanks for a reply!

7. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 13 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, AT&T Prepaid
    Phone numbers are recycled quite often...when I moved to Arizona and got a new number, I was getting someone else's texts too...but it was my phone I had had since I was in Ohio. I would be shocked if the pictures on your phone were taken by the same person that used to have what is now your number. Sprint will change your number for free if you wish (to stop the annoyance of receiving texts that are not for you). You can also block texts from 50 numbers from the Sprint website.

8. paintbucket

paintbucket New Member

Thanks for the info. I'll take the phones back & hopefully get new ones with new #'s. Glad to know I can block the text!

9. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 13 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, AT&T Prepaid
    Yes, if you are receiving too many texts that are not meant for you, when you return the phone be sure to request new phone numbers too, because the numbers are tied to you, not the phone.

10. Kalimotxo

Kalimotxo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    The latest and greatest.
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of them.
    the pictures were from three different months?

incredible. it sounds like a shady store to me. i'm sorry to hear of your bad luck.

is this a sprint corporate store or an authorized reseller? i feel like they need to be reported.

11. paintbucket

paintbucket New Member

I took my phones back,and the girl at the sprint store put in some info( I don't know what) and on the screen it had info about the phones & she showed me a line that said is this a refurbished phone? said NO on the screen. Then she said they put pics on the phones in case someone wants to see how the camera works! They wouldn't give me new phones but they gave me new #'s. I am still charlie from the first #. They said it would take another 72 hours. That will be on Monday. I'm sure they pulled a fast one on me. If my name & # doesn't come on by Monday then they can take them back for good. I have never had sprint and never had trouble with any other cell I owned. Plus I hardly think they put pics on all there phones.Plus the phone stays charged about 3 hours before having to charge again. What do you think? Any info about this? This is a sprint store but they do repair phones there too.

12. Lonewolf85

Lonewolf85 Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Curve 8330
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I am a Sprint Authorized dealer and we do take pictures with some of our phones because people do like to see what the camera and photos look like. Though the pictures we take are normally of the stand and obviously are done by us. As far as whether or not its refurbished you might be able to bring that up with customer service. For the battery what type of phone do you have? Some of the high end data phones (Instinct for example) can lose their charge rather quickly during usage though even 3 hours seems really low. Hope this helps and good luck with getting your numbers working!

13. paintbucket

paintbucket New Member

I have the Sanyo Kaiana,& I did call the main 800 # and they said the phone was refurbished so how did the girl at the store bring up on the screen that it was not refurbished? Would there be pics from 3 different months? They erased them. If it was new I could see 1 pic not not 3 different months. So I've gone 7 days with another persons name on my phone. I really don't want a hassle over a phone. Thanks for your input.

14. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 13 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, AT&T Prepaid
    ALmsot sounds to me like you were sold a floor model or demo phone.

15. Lonewolf85

Lonewolf85 Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Curve 8330
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I'm not sure what system they used to show it was not refurbished so I can't help you there. Anthro might be right also and maybe you were sold a floor model. As far as the pictures from 3 different months, it depends on how long the phone has been in their store. Sometimes we do not erase the old test pictures we take so that could be the case with your phone. Did you meen the Sanyo Kaitana and is it 3 hours of standby time or 3 hours of talking/browsing? If so then that phone should have at least a 2-3 day standby time and around 6 hours or so of talk time if I am not mistaken, I would have to look it up to be sure. You do always have the 30day exchange period with Sprint so if you are unhappy with the place you bought it at. Take the phone back get a refund then head over to a Sprint corporate store and they should be able to get you a guaranteed brand new phone. Hope this helps some more, keeps us up to date on the situation.

16. paintbucket

paintbucket New Member

It has about 3 hours standby time.If I take the phones back to the store where I got them can I get new phones at another Sprint dealer. I hear they stop your service if they think you are a complainer. Mind you this is the case with both phones.

17. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 13 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, AT&T Prepaid
    If you bought the phones from an actual Sprint store, take them back to a different store. If you bought them from an authorized dealer you will need to return them to the place of purchase.

Where in Michigan are you? It is possible you are in iPCS territory. They are a Sprint affiliate that resells service as Sprint. If this is indeed the case, you may want to just return the phones and find a different store with more honest employees.