Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Sprint rebate incompetance

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by Airb330, May 10, 2006.

1. Airb330

Airb330 Silver Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Cingular was s l o w with rebates and Verizon was super fast....well at least I received them! I sent this rebate off last week and get an email today saying it's been received. I go to check the status of it and get this bullcrap:

Offer Information for: 12345678
    Offer: VARIABLE REWARD AMOUNT DEPENDING ON PRODUCT PURCHASED
    Date Received: 05-09-2006
    Status Detail: The discount amount for one or more of your Sprint PCS Phones was not included with your rebate submission.

What do I do? I have copies of everything of course. God, this is going to be one hell of a hassle isn't it? 50$ rebate for the a920. I did email the rebate people as per the website the email reffered me to. I doubt that will help, so I thought I'd ask for any special numbers, etc. that would be more beneficial.

2. Darkdashing

Darkdashing New Member

is the inphonic site for sero?

3. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    There's a phone number for the rebate dept. I would call them and see what's up. I'll PM you the number.

4. SFY7

SFY7 New Member

Re: Sprint rebate incompetence

Last week, my rebate status was shown as invalid because they claimed I didn't include a copy of the sales receipt and I needed to send one with the postcard they sent to me.

I still haven't received the postcard but now my rebate status is "invalid because the store you purchased this product from does not honor this particular promotion." :mad:

This was a rebate on a phone for a new SERO plan that was clearly listed on the InPhonic site. In fact, there's even a highlighted box on my receipt that mentions the rebate. And the only company noted on the receipt is Sprint (there's a logo on top) - neither InPhonic or any other third party is listed.

There might be an issue because it's a Sprint rebate not an InPhonic one (I'm tracking it using the Sprint rebate page) but the order was processed by InPhonic.

Larry, could you PM the rebate number to me as well?

5. Darkdashing

Darkdashing New Member

aren't the rebates (150$) instant once you sign up on the sero site? Or, are you talking about the 20 and 30 buck rebates?

6. Airb330

My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon

Such BS! Definitely let me know how your's goes! Good luck!

Yes, my rebate is for an extra $50 off an a920. I did get the $150 off instantly when I bought it through Inphonic for SERO.

7. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile

Wow $200 off a phone is not bad at all!

8. Airb330

My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon

Well $200 off the unactivated price is still $99. Remember, Sprint overprices their phones w/o all of these rebates!

9. AlexBehr

AlexBehr New Member

I ordered the A920 from Inphonic also with the $50 rebate. When i got the phone, before I opened the PHONE box i looked for the rebate. When I checked the fine print on the rebate it was already expired. The purchase by date was something like April 22nd, and by the time Inphonic processed my order and all that It was invoiced on April 28th.

I called Sprint that night, spoke to cancellation unit and told them the reason "expired rebate".

Next day called Inphonic and the nice Hindu lady was ademant about me not cancelling and how she would escalate the issue to a supervisor in her rebate department, I explained to her that the $50 rebate was from Sprint and even though she told me to send it in...her people would not be able to do anything about it and that i'd be past the cancellation period by then. Then she gave me the return authorization number and sent the phone back fed ex ground.

The next day, I went to Costco in Burbank, spoke to this very nice gent called Mike and he took care of me and answered all the questions I had.
    I got the Samsung SPH-A840 for $50 bucks with car charger, headset, case and no activation. Happy as a clam.

I wouldn't trust Inphonic at all.:browani:

10. Darkdashing

Darkdashing New Member

yeah but that inphonic rebate is on top of the 150 rebate you get, so I'd go with a better plan like the inphonic one because you'd save money in the long run

11. SprintEnigma

SprintEnigma New Member

My Phone:
    Samsung 920
    Wireless Provider(s):
    SPRINT
    There are other places that have that rebate and If you can bring something into a store you may even be able to get the phone at the 99.99 price.

12. SFY7

SFY7 New Member

I could have gotten a much better deal on the phone if I didn't go with the SERO plan. (Or if I had bought the phone a week earlier when it was $99 without rebate instead of $149 with $50 rebate.) Wirefly at one point had rebates where you made $50 and got a free Bluetooth headset.

I just got off the phone with Sprint Rebates (thanks Larry!). The online status is wrong - they just need my receipt so I can just fax it to them toll-free. I'm going to do this now and keep my fingers crossed.

13. sprintcustomercare

sprintcustomercare New Member

On your submission mail in rebate you didnt put down how much of a rebate you were expecting! Simply dail *2 on your cell, speak to customer care about the issue, they will get in touch with the rebate deptarment, yes we have a rebate deptarment that you can speak to a live person, they have to resubmit your rebate. You also can FAX information to the rebate deptarment for resubmission of your mail in rebate.

14. tamster

tamster New Member

Make a complaint to the B.B.B. and the FTC.Then sprint will call YOU about your rebate Expect more bull and if you dont recieve it by the time they say .you can reply when they(BBB & FTC)askes if you acept sprints reply.They even credited the acount $40.00 but Im also still fighting for my rebate of $80.00.The lady who calls me is named Ms. Olmos you can try to call her but I have made enough calls to sprint i am doing it on line with the two companies.(it is easier haveng them call me and they are alot more polite) they dont like negitive reports where potiental customers might see them.

15. Airb330

My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Yeah rebates are a pain. I'm waiting on a $250 one for my laptop I bought in November. It sucks. Sprint ended up sending me a $150 check. EVERYTIME a company tries to screw me with a rebate, I get extra money back (Cingular, Sprint, Best Buy). I guess what goes around....

Good luck with Sprint. I think it'll work out. Sprint CS got much better imo.