Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Sprint readies 4 new phones, 3 with QWERTY

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by M in LA, Sep 11, 2007.

1. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    This was mentioned before in a previous thread (Sprint 4th quarter device map leaks, but Phonearena.com (courtesy of Engadget) has an article with updated information and pictures of these upcoming releases. Neat stuff.

The leaked images show Q4 2007 release for all the four phones.

A few leaked images show several upcoming QWERTY-equipped phones for Sprint. The common feature of the phones is that they all have full hardware keyboard, but due to the various specifications they will be positioned in different functionality and price classess.

We’ve heard about the CDMA RIM BlackBerry Pearl from earlier rumors, which pointed Verizon Wireless as the first carrier to have it, but Sprint will also offer it. RIM 8130 features EV-DO and GPS support and updates on the first Pearl (GSM) with 2-megapixel camera, Stereo Bluetooth, and stereo headphone jack. The SureType QWERTY and the BlackBerry OS makes sure it will be an email-friendly phone.

The Palm Centro has been seen in earlier spy shots as well. The device will use Palm’s OS and will have touch-display. Its QWERTY is reported to be as good as those of Treos. The Centro features 1.3-megapixel camera, supports EV-DO and will include applications such as Versa Mail, Sprint Mobile Mail, Sprint Instant Messaging and Google maps.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The LG RUMOR is a candybar phone with small display and numeric keyboard and side-sliding QWERTY one. It is not a smartphone and is targeted to people who doesn’t need one, but want a full keyboard for messaging. It will be advertised as phone that has quick and easy access to social networks like Facebook and MySpace and to SMS, email and IM. Features include 1.3MP camera, microSD slot, MP3 music player and Bluetooth.

The HTC Touch comes in CDMA flavor with the same design as the original GSM variant. As it is an EV-DO (rev. A upgradable) phone, the processor is 400MHz instead of the 200 used in the GSM version and the memory (both RAM and ROM) is doubled. Other features are identical to the original Touch, including WM6 Professional OS, flat 2.8” touch QVGA display, microSD and 2-megapixel camera. As it can be seen from the images, the Sprint Touch will have its home screen personalized for some of the carrier’s features, including Sprint Music Store and Sprint TV Access.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Published on: 11 September 2007 by Nanko Rusev from Phonearena.com

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Mike thank you for posting this man I am excited for a few of these.

3. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    awesome...................so now we know relatively when the releases will be............i wanna get my hands on one of those Touchs and see what they are like.................or the Rumor..............Centro is okay but i hate the Pearls

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Does anyone know if there are any physical specs on these yet?

5. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    well im sure they are on the manufacturer sites by now

6. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Ok I will check and see

7. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    if they are up could you post the sites?

8. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Nope sure arent

9. M in LA

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    I have a feeling that the manufacturers won't have anything up until these phones are released. I'm sure somebody will leak something about the specs soon. Phonearena has become my new favorite place to check for phone news because of the info they post.

10. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    K when someone find out how thick the rumor is let me know.

11. M in LA

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    The Rumor kind of looks like a side slide version of the en-V. I'll keep an eye out for you...

12. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    i would love the Rumor if it was Power Vision capable.........but just about everything else i love

13. M in LA

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Do we know for sure that it isn't a Power Vision phone? Would it have been implied in those promo ads? Curious...

14. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    i'm pretty sure that in the other thread advocating these phones that it said it was only 1X.............quick question..........the LG Rumor claims to have quick and easy access to Facebook and Myspace..................i currently have my Facebook linked to my cell phone so i receive text notifications but are they implying that Myspace is going to reach beyond AT&T and Helio to Sprint??? cuz i would have a party..................when someone asks me how to get a hold of me and asks me okay what is your hom, cell, facebook, myspace, etc.............and i say....................if my phone is on i will get it...........cuz facebook gets forwarded to phone.............my myspace i check...........all my IMs get forwarded to my phone when im offline...........so if myspace were to be included i would be ecstatic