Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Sprint RAZR V3m & motorola phone tools ?

Discussion in 'MOTOROLA' started by Area 51, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Area 51

Area 51 New Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    My ? is to Cincyball. I have a Sprint RAZR V3m and motorola phone tools. After updating MPT I only had access to the Phone book and calender. I saw where you walked a guy thru seem editing for the Verizon V3m, http://forums.wirelessadvisor.com/razr-phones/56369-motorola-phone-tools-doesnt-work-razr.html and he said it worked. Motorola is still saying phone tools wont work with sprint V3m. Can I edit the seems and get my Sprint V3m to work? MPT does let me edit my phone book but there is no multi media icon. The modem shows V3m. My old phone a motorola V188 still works fine with MPT. I have already updated MPT. It found my new phone loaded drivers but has no muti media icon.

2. Cincyball

Cincyball Issss a niiiiice. High 5!

My Phone:
    V3m w/ Alltel V3m Flash
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    What version of MPT are you updated to?
    You shouldnt need any seem edits for MPT.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Area 51

Area 51 New Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Sorry! Put ? in at work didn't expect such a quick replay. I'm home now. Any how I have version 4.3.6c

4. Cincyball

My Phone:
    V3m w/ Alltel V3m Flash
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Cincyball

My Phone:
    V3m w/ Alltel V3m Flash
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I usually tell people to get the newest version of MPT and you should be good to go. In this case, you have 4.36 but are still having problems.

On the otherhand, some with Sprint v3m NEEDED to do a seem edit. See this post -> http://forums.wirelessadvisor.com/415896-post152.html

So I guess we need to get to the bottom of this.

6. Area 51

Area 51 New Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
  7. Area 51

Area 51 New Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Saw your next post, so does this mean I should try editing the seem?

8. Area 51

Area 51 New Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Cincyball,
    Thank you for your help. I followed your step by step. Seem 2742, row 000060, Offset 006a, Box 0 was already checked so no change was needed there. Seem 2827 offset 0006 all boxes were unchecked I checked the ones you noted, boxes 0,2,3,6 and now I have the Multimedia Studio. I can't thank you enough. So let all of the rest of the Sprint users know, no matter what Motorola says MPT will work with the Sprint Razr V3m. And if they follow your instructions they will have the very rare Sprint Razr V3mM and MPT will have Multimedia Studio.
    Thanks again
    Area 51

9. Cincyball

My Phone:
    V3m w/ Alltel V3m Flash
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Good to hear that. Ok, well, it seems some Sprint V3M's need seem edits, and some dont. I know they released two colors. It might seem silly, but if everyone with sprint could post their color v3m and whether or not you needed a seem edit. There HAS to be some method to the madness. Either that, or from what I read, the phone can be updated. I wonder if you update the phone, if it works directly with MPT, and if not, then a seem edit is required.

Anyone who can help narrow this down, please post what has worked for you.

10. Area 51

Area 51 New Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I have a black one.

11. Area 51

Area 51 New Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I needed to update you on the latest with my Sprint RAZR. When I first got my RAZR I went to settings, phone info and update phone SW. I got an error 500. I called sprint and was told that that ment there was no update available. That person was wrong. The phone would not work with MPT. I edited a seem to get it to work. The modem showed a V3m before the edit. After the edit it showed a V3mM and worked with MPT. Then it started showing errors on the internet. Again I called sprint. I spent three hours doing what the tech told me to do and it was just getting worst. He told me to update I told him I was getting error 500. After 3 hours I had things to do and I hung up. This evening I called again this time I got a Lady tech. I told her everything that was happening and she told me I needed to update the phone. I told her about error 500. She asked if it said http in front of it. I said no. She said she thought it was an http error to give her a minute. She told me to take the phone back to the store. They checked it and gave me a new one. If they had the ability to wipe it and reload the software they would have. But they didn't so they gave me a new one. It's a software problem that some of the RAZRs have. The new one worked perfect from the get go. It worked with MPT. And note this: the modem shows V3m-Sprint. So if you get a new Sprint RAZR and it shows the modem as a V3m and the update phone SW gives you an error 500 take it back to the store and have them reload the software or replace the phone because the problem is only going to get worse. I'm sorry if I misled anyone, but I was given bad information by the first tech I talked to.

12. Cincyball

My Phone:
    V3m w/ Alltel V3m Flash
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Thanks for the update, but I think you could have fixed it at home the first time. Zippy has mentioned that if your phone software is outdated, you can update it by doing that software update, but you were getting the error 500. He was having similar problems as well. Turns out, he too did that seem edit to turn the phone into a V3mM. He would try to update, and he would get that error (because he was trying to update a v3mm instead of a v3m). All you need to do is undo that seem edit. Try to update the phone and the software update will take effect. The reason you could do it with your second phone was because you hadnt done the seem edit yet to turn it to the v3mm. Finally, once u have updated your software, MPT works perfectly with Sprint. Verizon users dont have this update option so w MUST do this seem edit. Just make sure you have the newest version of MPT, which is version 4.36

13. tallandlanky

tallandlanky New Member

My Phone:
    samsung m300
    Wireless Provider(s):
    sprint
    I have a Red Sprint V3m

I need some help. I updated to 4.36 and had everything working perfectly now I am having some problems. Let me know if anyone can help.

I have installed MPT and I can get Multimedia Studio to come up but then when I go to transfer ringers it says that my phone is not connected. The phone can be detected using device manager and I can view my contacts through MPT the only problem I am having is with detecting my phone through Multimedia Studio.

Any help would be amazing.

14. Cincyball

My Phone:
    V3m w/ Alltel V3m Flash
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Did you update your phone software? It should be something like version 24.00.37, or somewhere along those lines. You can probably find your phone's software version in the settings menu somewhere. But as long as ur phones software, and MPT software is up to date, everything should work.

15. tallandlanky

tallandlanky New Member

My Phone:
    samsung m300
    Wireless Provider(s):
    sprint
    My phone software is up to date. And I can get MPT to read my phone and I can even view my contact info through MPT but when I start Multimedia Studio instead of reading that my phone is connected the phone makes the disconnect noise and then it says the phone can not be detected. The transfer icons disappear. But if I minimize it and look in device manager it is still there in Modem and the USB port Is anyone else having this problem?

The first time I used the MPT right after I got it running, Multimedia Studio worked and now for whatever reason it doesn't. It seems like a problem with MPT and not my phone but I could be wrong. Is there an MPT forum?

16. stevenrcovert

stevenrcovert New Member

SPRINT PCS RAZR V3m Charcoal...

I did an update to .37 (just because I ran across it while exploring the menu). Did a Google search and found MPT (NEWBIE!!). Installed it, with phone DISCONNECTED, let it do its upgrade to 37, then plugged in phone. All drivers loaded no problem. Everything worked fine. I made a few ringtones from MP3's and copied to my memory card (via a reader). Got a charcoal grey, just reveived 1 week ago. Even got a 3GP converter and put a few music videos on the phone. They play at 24 or 15fps, but still very enjoyable when UR bored. Put a WHOLE MOVIE (Shrek 2) on the card (a new 1Gig) just to test. Quality is nothing compared to my Creative Zen Vision M, but to have that kinda entertainment on a phone is COOL. MP3's played very well, still waiting on a STEREO headset adaptor from EBAY (better be stereo, I hear a lot about MONO output only!!).

I did have a few times where it would NOT connect for no apparent reason. I disconnected phone, tuned OFF, rebooted PC, started MPT, connected phone (while OFF!) and MPT connected and ran (while phone was OFF). I tried thinking back to my old computer days, and resetting the modem (power cycle) probably did the trick.

Still downloading anything and reading about SEEMS, and all that and deciding if it is all anything I want to play with. I got full functionality of MPT to back up & edit phone book & make ringtones, thats basically all I want & need. Would be nice to dump ENTIRE FLASH (all 32M or 64M) to hard drive as a backup, but I hear nothing works yet that is safe for my Sprint CDMA. Anyone finds something, please post.

I guess phone is still too new to have software SEEMS or upgrades and even accessories - had to hunt through hundreds of SIM CARD RAZR cases before I found a couple CDMA's (I wanted a RED phone). The black looked tempting with the black keypad (it was AWESOME!!). But I already had bought the Product Red(tm) Sprint H500 Bluetooth headset. Problem is, I forgot to tell Sprint I wanted Red (DOH!!!!!) and got Grey).

Hope this helps!

Steven8R

17. paganpat

paganpat New Member

I hope I'm posting in the right area, I recently purchased MPT for $35 learning later from you guys I probably could've got it for $10 on eBay! anyway all downloaded all the necessary upgrades and everything was pretty much working great! Once in awhile it wouldn't recognize the phone so I thought I was uploading new software for the phone that would correct the problem. I live in a very rural part of Kentucky so I've got to do a lot of upgrading online. I installed Motorola driver installer and found another zip file online. I thought I backed up my flash on the phone but apparently all I backed up was the phone book. Now when I go into town and try to call
    (*2 ) sprint customer solutions it says it's Verizon customer solutions and it's not available. I think I did something BAD!! Everything else seems to be working fine. But I cannot press the ( " 2 ) is there a Sprint V3m Flash somewhere on the web site? And I feel so stupid I'm a newbie Here's what my phone says
    Mufacturer: Motorola CE, Copyright 2000
    Model: Motorola V3m-Sprint Phone
    ESN: 145B I removed for them security reasons
    Firmware Version: 24.2_00.43.0S1,20225
    Phone number: 6062319630
    Active Mobile Broadband User Name:
    All Tests Passed

Communication Port Presence test was Successful. [COM3]

Communication Port Configuration test was Successful. [230400,N,8,1]

Communication Device Presence test was Successful. [Initialized]

Phone Capabilities test was Successful. [Data]

Phone Configuration test was Successful. [Configuration set.]

Phone Battery Status test was Successful. [90%]

Phone Signal Status test was Successful. [-92dBm]

Network Availability test was Successful. [3G CDMA]

Network Service test succeeded with Warnings. [1xRTT]

Oh yeah I'm using Motorola Phone Tools Version 4.51c I feel so stupid, I should never Drink and download at the same time!!!!! :(

#17 paganpat, Jun 18, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2007
  18. kobe0824

kobe0824 New Member

Experts,

I just upgraded my phone to a Sprint Razr V3m (gun-metal grey). As others have said, I was looking into getting personal ringtones.

Would Motorola Phone Tools (MPT) work? Specifically, I saw this and am wondering,
    (a) Will the USB cable work with my Sprint Razr V3m?
    (b) Assuming that the software Live Update works and updates to the latest version, will it work with Sprint Razr V3m phones?

This is the product that I found

MOTOROLA V3/V3X/V3I//V180/V220 OEM USB DATA CABLE AND MOBILE PHONE TOOLS 4.0 AND LEATHER CASE

MOTOROLA V3/V3X/V3i//V180/V220 OEM USB Data Cable and Mobile Phone Tools 4.0 AND Leather Case - New Buy

19. paganpat

paganpat New Member

It should work fine, but I would check out eBay first. You can get the cable for about nine dollars. Or if you got a digital camera some of those cables will work also I've not had much of a problem using Motorola Phone Tools, sometimes I have to reboot the computer because it doesn't recognize the phone but that usually clears the problem up. You just need to do the upgrades about three times it doesn't upgrade them all at the same time. But I'm pretty pleased with the software I've put 103 songs on my V3m and three of them are albums. But have not got the video part to work I think it's only set up for 1 gig . Now if I can find somebody to help me with my software screwup every time I press (*2" ) I get the wrong carrier :mad:

20. Jamiaha

Jamiaha New Member

where can i find the tutorial? the link in this message doesn't link me to it

21. aliensanity

aliensanity New Member

Please help me...My phone tools used to work and now it doesn't. No matter what I do I can't get it to work anymore....PLEASE HELP

22. Whsperz

Whsperz New Member

OK, I have been scouring the web for at least a week with a solution to my Sprint RAZR V3M and just getting simple ring tones on the dang thing. After reading these forums and paying particularly close attention to what Cincyball says, I have been able to figure out how to get mine working with MPT. I have tried just about everything up until I bought MPT out of desperation.

Scenario:
    I have a Black external/Silver internal Sprint RAZR V3M phone that I received about a week ago 11/14/07. I can only imagine the manufacturer date was probably August or September.

I tried every various combination from Bluetooth sends, media card copy and various cable tricks. I had no luck with the PST/P2K combo and it seems I had a difficult time finding a driver set that would work with all the various drivers this phone needed. I finally found the proper drivers out there (and for the life of me, I can't remember where). The name of it is Handset_USB_Driver_32_v2.9.0 and it is not the most current driver on Motorola's site. In fact, at the time of this posting, the newest download of that file was corrupt.

After so much playing around with getting it to work on my XP box, by the time I got MPT installed, I had more issues that prevented me from going further. Since it was late and I was tired, and out of desperation, I opted to loaded MPT on my laptop with Crapta (read Vista), installed those same drivers and went through the start up of MPT.

MPT startup: First I updated MPT to v4.2.1a 04-24-2006 per what I had seen Cincyball say in another post. Let it try to find the phone via cable and of course it would fail. When it asks you if you want to retrieve an updated list of phones from the internet click No. Pick to add the phone manually. The Device Configuration Wizard will pop up and it states to select the device you wish to use. If you had installed the drivers correctly, there should be a Motorala USB modem listed in there (do not click to Add/Delete/Properties buttons, a mistake I learned on my XP tries) and click next. Check the "Do not automatically detect the driver. Select from a list." box and click Next. On the left pane, click Motorola CDMA, and on the right scroll all the way to the bottom and find V3mm. When that is done click finish and the phone will attempt to Initialize. From there you should be able to figure everything else out depending on what you want to do.

I obviously can't guarentee this working with your phone but at least it is a start. I would highly recommend purchasing MPT just for the pure fact that it may save you some headaches. I wish I would have done it when I first read about it. I have not tried to do anything other than upload a couple of pictures as a test and a few ringtones. I will play with it more to see if there are limitations.

My thanks again to this forum and Cincyball for the knowledge to go the next step to figure this out.