Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Sprint prepaid?

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by Cailiff04, May 29, 2007.

1. Cailiff04

Cailiff04 Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Can anyone tell me if Sprint offers prepaid? I'm looking to get a back up phone to use when I'm out of T-mobile coverage. I've got an extra Sprint phone laying around here so I'm just checking to see if Sprint offers prepaid. Any suggestions are welcome!!
    thank you!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
  3. Cailiff04

Cailiff04 Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    thanks TNDan

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Virgin Mobile doesnt have advantage of Sprint roaming agreements though so keep that in mind........Helio has a la carte services too and they have the full Sprint network access

5. PCSuser

PCSuser Senior Member

My Phone:
    PPC-6700 w/ WM6
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS - happily holding crystal clear calls!
    To let you know, Sprint DOES have a plan without contract. Its a nationwide plan with 200 minutes per month. So its a great deal for you.

This plan is compatible with Sprint phones. Enjoy the convenience and safety of a mobile phone when you need it. 200 Anytime minutes and Unlimited Nights and Weekends starting at 9pm.
    This plan includes

* Unlimited Nights & Weekends starting at 9p.m.
    * Unlimited Nationwide Long Distance
    * No roaming charges

Add-On Available >> Any texting plan you might want to add too

Anytime Minutes - 200
    Monthly Price - $29.99
    Sprint Mobile to Mobile - Unlimited

I think the Sprint M2M is unlimited - but somewhere I thought it used to be a $5.00 add-on. Did it change?

6. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Umm... to get any plan with Sprint you have to sign at least a one year contract. Although Sprint will highly try to push you into a two year and many places today only do two years.

As far as Virgin Mobile goes it is true that you will only get Sprint Network coverage. However Sprint's network is pretty big and I doubt you'll have a need to go off the Sprint Network. Check Virgin's coverage maps though to be certain they have the coverage for you before you sign up.

7. Ellen

Ellen Guest

Sprint does offer one calling plan on their network that does not require a contract......It is called "Month to Month Calling Plan", for $39.99/month.
    This non contract plan includes the following:
    200 Anytime Minutes
    Unlimited N&W starting at 9pm
    Nationwide Long Distance
    Additional Anytime Minutes billed at $0.45/minute
    Off-Network Roaming = $0.50/minute (Plus $0.25/minute roaming long distance may apply. No roaming charges may be added for an additional $5/month.)

IMO, the $39.99 no contract plan is to expensive just to use as a back up.

8. Ellen

Ellen Guest

You can check out how Virgin Mobiles Coverage will be in your area with their online coverage check here: https://www.virginmobileusa.com/coverage/prepareCoverage.do

If you decide to go with VM, keep an eye on your local Target store ads for their VM prepaid phone sales, and discounts on VM refill cards.