Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Sprint Phones on Verizon Network?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by orioles150, May 10, 2003.

1. orioles150

orioles150 Senior Member

My Phone:
    e815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Is it possible to use a Sprint phone on a Verizon network? It seems to me that they should be compatable since they both run at the same frequencies. If it is possible then why do you think more people haven't done this? And if it isnt possible, why can't it be done?

2. coalminer

coalminer Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Tour
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    If you have a dual band, tri-mode phone, and you have the master subsidy lock code, then you can use it on Verizon, your profile says you have an lg 5250, that phone is dual band, but it is only a dual mode phone, will not work on 800 CDMA, so that phone you cant use on Verizon, unless you were in Florida, Minnesota, or parts of Texas where Verizons service is in the PCS bands.

3. orioles150

orioles150 Senior Member

My Phone:
    e815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Thanks coalminer - I am actually looking into buying a new phone now which is what i am looking into now. For example the new Sanyo 8100 is tri-mode and therefore is the same as Verizon's phones. What is the master subsidy lock code? Is it something that i could easily find?

4. njsvrzncdma

njsvrzncdma i cant stop the ringing..

My Phone:
    LG vx8500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VERIZON
    we all wish those codes were easy to get. however you would have to fond someone with the comp prog to unlock it. Many usually will do it for a small fee.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. coalminer

coalminer Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Tour
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Well, you have to call Sprint up and tell them that you want to change the phone on your account, they will walk you through the programming, but there is one thing, if you have a phone that has never been activated before, the first code they will give you is a one time only code, tell them it does not work, they will give you a second code, which is the MSL. There are a few other things to do to the phone to get it to work on Verizon, but getting the code is the big thing.

6. njsvrzncdma

njsvrzncdma i cant stop the ringing..

My Phone:
    LG vx8500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VERIZON
    thats good to know..gues it will save some people some money

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. rainbow

rainbow New Member

This is great. I was told Sprint phone do not work on Verizon network at all.

8. Fathead

Fathead In the Industry

You can do it, it's just not easy. And most data won't work. but it's possible.

9. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Who dug up this thread that's 3 years old! LOL

10. Fathead

Fathead In the Industry

I didn't even see that. lol

11. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    Actually, Dual-Band is 800 and 1900 mhz digital only, it just means there is no analog.....

Oh crap, i just realized this was really old....