Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Sprint phone choice reception

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Jul 24, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Which phone has best

2. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    This question has been asked over and over again. The Sanyo's and Kyoceras seem to be good choices.

3. IdiOTeQnoLogY

IdiOTeQnoLogY Bronze Senior Member

sanyo's are the best. the LG and samsungs seem to have the most issues (at least the tech told me from my store)

4. markv83

markv83 Member

I can vouch for what Idiotech said... I hate my LG's reception. I get nothing when I goto Charlottesville, Virginia whereas with my old Sanyo I could at least make a call!!!

5. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Sanyos are the best for digital but their analog support is lacking

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Aren't Kyoceras suppose to have the best Digital/Analog reception? I've heard the Sanyo's are good in Digital but poor in analog mode.

7. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Yes. If you include both digital and analog then the Kyoceras would win.

8. IdiOTeQnoLogY

they kyoceras are all good phones too........the only issue seems to be a screen issue with the 2255 but that can be fixed under warranty. reception wise they are good.

9. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Yes I've heard about the screen issue on my group. As long as you don't drop the phone you should be ok. There was also a software update that fixes a display problem. One little annoying thing about the 2255 is that small pieces of lint can make there way into the screen display and there's no way to get them out.

10. Jack

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    I would agree with the lg post to some extent.

The 5200 was bad but the 5250 got better

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. SprintTechRep

SprintTechRep Senior Member

LGs have poor reception. I had the LG 5200 for 1 week and returned it as fast as i could. Also, i get a lot of complaints with LGs like you wouldnt believe. I am once again gonna speak highly of sanyo's reception and longevity. Great phones! But ive noticed some post of complaints about its analog service. Something i know nothing about since ive never used analog before. Keep in mind analog can be quite costly, most people dont use it unless its an emergency. So if you dont plan on using it much, it shouldnt be a factor in your decision.

As for Kyocera's, it really depends on the model. The 2035 is absolute garbage (speaking in terms of hardware). Major issues with "service required" error messege. or it would be permantly stuck in download mode. 2255 is ok except for its LCD problems (annoying because i spend half my day at work fixing them).

12. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I haven't had any problems with my Kyocera 2255 since I bought it last November. Hopefully the new 2345 will have less of those problems with the LCD.

13. Jack

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Lets hope.

I always thought that the 2035 was a good basic phone

Jack

14. SprintTechRep

jack,

i fix so many 2035s, and deal with massive complaints. That is why i say it is garbage. But that is just my personal oppinion (which is based on my experience with them). Seems like kyocera uses cheap components. Because everything you could think of going wrong, does. Keypad/earpiece/mic/LCD etc. our store ran a special where we gave away 2035s for free with activation. Lets just say when the promotion ended, most customers deactivated because they blamed problems on sprint service not realizing they had a cheap phone. I simply reply "you get what you pay for"

gnight [​IMG]

15. skadoo323

skadoo323 Junior Member

I used to have sprint service and when i did I had the Sanyo 5150, its reception was way better than the samsung phones I used. It maintains good recpetion in rural areas which is nice.

16. SprintTechRep

yep, a sanyo's performance will put samsungs to shame. But i gotta admit, samsung makes much better looking phones. Ive been tempted a few times. The A500 that is coming out looks so COOL! but i must resist because i know better [​IMG] Besides, my sanyo 5150 rocks! I always tell customers that the 5150 is our top of the line handset at the moment.

17. IdiOTeQnoLogY

yeah i am a sales rep for sprint and i steer my customers to sanyos. unfortunately a lot of people want flip and the only sanyo flip is the 5150 for 300 beans which is a bit expensive. i like flips the best too but i still try to sell the sanyo 6200 or 6000 which are $199 or $99 respectively. they arent flip but they are also excellent phones. the 4700 is great but just too bulky for most people.

i got to play with the 4900 today it is a sweet phone [​IMG]

18. SprintTechRep

you got to play with the 4900?!?! i didnt even know it was released yet. I was told the soonest aug 2nd. is 4900 bulky? because it still has speakerphone on it. Is the color display better than the 5150? I heard sanyo was gonna come out with some crazy new LCD technology for their future phones. Yeah all the sprint sales reps here promote the sanyo's too. unfortunately the customers will usually go for the stylish samsungs. Then they get to come back a month later and i have to hear them _____.

19. IdiOTeQnoLogY

it wasnt bulky really. actually a very nice lookin candy bar style phone. it had many more colours than the 5150.....but i still think it was a non-reflective lcd like the 5150........i didnt get a chance to take it outside to really see how it fared there. only reason we got it is because our regional manager had it sent to our store so to get his activated. the animated menu was very sweet as well.

20. Guest

Guest Guest

when can customers order the Kyocera 2345 from Sprint?