Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Sprint PCS w/ A400 in NYC Area?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Scalici26, May 22, 2002.

1. Scalici26

Scalici26 Senior Member

Hey! Does anyone have Sprint PCS service in the NYC area with the Samsung A400? I was interested in getting SPCS with that phone? Are the calls clear? Are there many dropped calls? How's the coverage? Do you think i should get a differnt type of phone other than the A400 (P.S. I want my phone to be light weight and a clam shell design) Thanks...............

2. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Sprint did win the top JD Powers award for NYC metro. The Samsung A400 is a good phone but will be replaced by the A460 in the next couple of weeks so you might want to wait. The A460 adds external caller ID display and 3G voice capabilities.

3. Dukedog

Dukedog Senior Member

Why do Sprint replace model phones so quick, the samsung A400 just came out.

4. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Dukdog- I think that they are in the process of changing all of their phones for 3g

Scalici26- Personally I would consider the lg 5250 flip phone for 199.99

As Larry said that if you can wait a few weeks there will be some new phones for sprint. If not then go with the phone stated above

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. TheSPCSGuy

TheSPCSGuy New Member

Hey there........

I live in Brooklyn NYC, and I use the A400. I would recommed you get this phoe if u llike it. The voice quality is PERFECT. It's thin, and cute. It's looks even cuter in it's leather case.

Overall, the service with the A400 is good. There have been no dropped calles with it at all.

6. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Welcome to the forum SPCS Guy. How is the analog performance with the A400? Does analog come in weak like on the Sanyos or strong like the Kyoceras? I thought about the A400 myself but then decided to wait for the A460, A500 , and Kyocera 2345 before making my decision.

7. IdiOTeQnoLogY

IdiOTeQnoLogY Bronze Senior Member

well id hope that he doesnt have to use his analog feature.....lol.....unless he forced it just to check it out....

but i'd wait for the a500 Larry it is gonna be one sick phone out of all the phones comin out for sprint it is the kingpin.

8. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    yeah it should be worth waiting for but I'm not really one to spend over $200 on a phone.

9. JayJay

JayJay Junior Member

FYI the a400 is no longer avail through sprint, but im sure you'll be able to find it at a reseller like best buy or circuit city. I just got the A460 and love it...my favorite part about it is the extrenal caller id lcd and new blue backlight!

10. Jack

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    According to a sprint pcs rep the N400 (N200 replacement) will have a color screen and speakerphone for $199.00

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. mmp151

mmp151 New Member

I got the Samsung a460 about 1 month ago, and all I have to say it is one of the best cell phones I have ever used. I love all the features and call and voice clarity is great. However the only thing I have noticed with this phone that disgruntles me is that when the flip is closed and you hit the side button the light on the external lcd does not turn on. With all the other flip phones with caller id on the outside when you hit the outside button the light turns on. The fact that the light doesnt turn on does get quite annoying if your used to reading the time off of your external lcd.

12. IdiOTeQnoLogY

yeah the n400 will be one of the 3g launch phones. i think the store reps will be getting one with the launch of 3G so ill let you know how it is.

13. Jack

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    The N400 should be a good phone choice

Jack

14. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Jack I have not heard nor seen this phone yet. Do you have a link to any website that shows it or something?

15. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I actually received a picture of this phone on a flier that Sprint sent to me in with my statement. It was some kind of contest to win one or something. Looks pretty cool.

16. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Ok here's the link for this SPCS contest which shows a picture of the new N400. SPCS sweepstakes

17. markv83

markv83 Member

18. IdiOTeQnoLogY

yeah we are all gettin one of them as RSR's........can't wait to play with it though the screen is not as good as the a500. if you visit a sprint store after 3G launch you should be able to play with the new phones.

19. Jack

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    does the A500 have speakerphone like the 400

Jack

20. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Thanks, Larry and markv83 for the links to bad I can't enter the sweepstakes though it's for Sprint PCS customers only. Man the N400 looks almost exactly like the N200.

Larry, how about if you win the phone you just give it to me? [​IMG]

21. Jack

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    you'll get his 2255 LOL

Jack

22. markv83

markv83 Member

From what I have read I do not think that the Samsung SPH-A500 has a speakerphone. In fact most of the flip phones that I have seen do not have a speakerphone. That sure is one thing that I miss on my new phone[​IMG]
    Mark

23. chenyichung

chenyichung Junior Member

Hey,

I have the A460 too. I was pretty pissed about the front LCD light up, or lack there of at first too. But them my lil bro was playing around with the phone and all of the sudden the front LCD lit up. I was like, "how the hell did you do that?" He was like, I just held down the lil button on the side. So yea, hold down the side button for like 4 seconds and the front LCD will light up without having to open up the clamshell.

-Yi Chen

24. SprintTechRep

SprintTechRep Senior Member

the A400 is an ok phone. Except the fact that it has a really weak LCD. Slight pressure can cause it to easily crack. Sprint normally does not warranty cracked LCDs because its considered damaged by the customer. However we received a memo to warranty this particular handset because its a known problem. Seems like every samsung model always has 1 major problem with it. I am not a big samsung fan for this very reason. But people who buy samsungs that are defect free usually love it. Just sharing info [​IMG]