Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Sprint PCS Retention Dept. Direct Line?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Nov 1, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Does anyone have Sprint's Retention Department's direct phone number. If I call customer care it takes them 3 people and 30 minutes to connect me there!!!

2. rBg

rBg New Member

Yeah, you can find that number right here

http://phoneiq.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=52

Have fun..

3. TimK

TimK New Member

or just call *2 from your Sprint phone and when you get that b**** "Claire" just say "cancellation"...she will transfer you to retention rather quickly. You get offered a $50/1000 anytime plan and a $50 credit for a new phone without the blink of an eye.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

you will only get credit and a plan offer based on your loyalty value with a company. So if you have only been with a company for a few months and on a 30.00 month...don't expect much....this is true with any company that has a retention department.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

What a great deal. I've been on the Free&Clear Digtal for $79 +20 for a second phone. I

called the retention dept and did the following:

1) Ask rep if she was nice, (since everyone here says thats important :)
    - She says yes.

2) I don't need a reduced costs plan since my employer reimbureses me up to $100.

3) Ask about switching to the Free & Clear + Vision for $85 (which includes free second phone, 2000 anytime).
    -She says that I need a vision phone...

4) Whammy, I say "To re-up I would like 2 new vison phones, like the Sanyo 4900, I mean Amazon gives you $150 dollars off a new phone through them."
    -She puts me on hold for 5min

Comes back tells me she going to call my local sprint store

-Puts me on hold 5 min more

5) Happy me 2 Sanyo 4900s ($358) - 50 / phone in store -200 bill credit. Re-up for one year. = $58 bucks to me (and I save 15/ month as well)

Thats a ROI of 4 months.

cool; Sweet... cool;
    [​IMG] :

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Like I said, You must have had a high loyalty value with the company to get that. Not everyone will even come close to getting that same kind of credits.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I've been on a $79 plan +$20 for a second phone.

Before that I was on a 500 plan for $49 + 300 Plan for $30 for 2-3 years. I've never called the retention dept before. I purchased a phone in the store (Touch point 2100) about 14 months ago, with a 12 month contract for the above plan.

So yea, I hope I have a high loyalty value. (I also tried to be really nice.)

8. cryogenic

cryogenic Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung A990
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Of course Sprint is going to make sure they do what they can to make sure they keep you... You're guaranteeing you're going to spend $100 a month over the next year... and for the past 2-3 years, you've been spending $80-100 as it is. That's really cool that they gave you such a big credit towards the phones, though. [​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. karmannghia

karmannghia Junior Member

Let me know if this is a good deal offered to me by the retention dept of SprintPCS

1 yr contract for 2 phones
    $60/mo
    800 anytime
    unlimited n&w
    1000 pcs2pcs
    3 months vision $10/mo afterwards
    $300 phone credit

2yr for 2 phones
    $60/mo
    1100 anytime
    unlimited n&w
    unlimited pcs2pcs
    3 months vision $10/mo afterwards
    $300 phone credit

I have been a very long term customer, 6+ years, and I want to know if this is the best deal I can get. I have recently moved to a dead area for Sprint and I am sacrificing staying with them. So, I figure if they want to keep me from leaving, I better get a good deal.

Thanks

10. PhatCohiba

PhatCohiba New Member

Just make sure you get Sanyo phones, their receiption Rules...

11. karmannghia

karmannghia Junior Member

So is my previous post a good deal, or have you seen better???

I'd go with the $85/2000 plan, but I am trying to reduce my monthly bill. So, $60 is the max.

If these plans weren't so good, I'd go Verizon. Too bad Verizon plans can't compete with these retention plans.

12. mrblackpcs

mrblackpcs New Member

called in to retention. I told them how I was on hold for 21/2 hours last night. And the supervisor in Vision Tech support hung up on me.

they gave me a $100 credit plus 3 months free service at my plan cost of $60

not too bad

13. leftfoot

leftfoot New Member

Forget SERO:eek:

There is a distinct glitch in the software for Sprint that will not allow SERO online or customer service at SERO to add Sprint existing customers without the customer losing their number. That is just stupid.

Well after 1 1/2 hours and speaking to two continents worth of folks. I just called *2 and asked for member retention to meet or beat SERO...

They did:

1000 minutes shared planned between two phones (no shared plan fee)
    Unlimited: Text, Data, and Sprint mobile to mobile
    nights/weekends 7pm
    with a 2 year commitment
    no additional fee except insurance for the phones (my choice you don't have to)
    50 dollars (ten less than SERO 500 for two)

This a good choice if you 1. Don't want to lose your number 2. Are planning on using this as a shared plan.

14. PCSuser

PCSuser Senior Member

My Phone:
    PPC-6700 w/ WM6
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS - happily holding crystal clear calls!
    Yeah, they are great about matching SERO plans - especially when some people go to sign up for SERO and some reason they get denied. All you do is call up retentions, tell them that you were denied, and they will meet or beat the SERO plan for ya.

-PCSuser

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  15. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Wow, this thread is OLD

16. TelcomJunkie

TelcomJunkie Bad Handoff Investigator

Wireless Provider(s):
    Big Brother
    Hence why I'm not a huge fan of the "Related thread" feature at the bottom of each thread. Most of the time it seems to bring up ancient posts.

17. Kalimotxo

Kalimotxo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    The latest and greatest.
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of them.
    so is your avatar :)

18. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Senior Member