Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

sprint pcs reception

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by chunk, Jul 12, 2002.

1. chunk

chunk New Member

i use sprint pcs now, and i have an older phone, the old sanyo (the tall black one) and i get the worst reception, and i think it's gotten worse recently. i live in boston and there are parts of downtown boston where i can't make calls. it's really ridiculous.

i want to get a new phone... do any of you think that will help? does anyone else have this problem? suggestions?

Thanks

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm no expert by any means, but I've definitely seen cases where phone replacement has helped... is your antenna replacable? I'm not familiar with the model you have... but if you think you may have dropped or otherwise damaged your phone internally... replacement *might* help...

how long has this gone on for (degraded reception)? perhaps a tower is down in your area and the problem will resolve after SPCS does some repairs? Call customer service... see if there are any known problems in your area... if you like your phone, I wouldn't suggest you replace it until you have some proof it will help... do you have any friends who have SPCS phones you can try in your trouble spot? That's always helpful too. If no one's SPCS phone works well there, and SPCS denies having a problem, then maybe you should look into different providers if that's an option for you.

good luck

3. Guest

Guest Guest

You can take your phone to a Sprint store and have the software upgraded. There is no charge for this service and it takes about an hour. Your reception will improve drastically! It's not the phone, it's the fact that that your phone is operating on old software.[​IMG]

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Your reception will improve drastically!

-----

Aside from roaming databases, I don't see how having a newer firmware would improve the phone's ability to manage calls.

5. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    chunk,

The Sanyo SCP-4000 has a software revision. The original was 2.0027sp and the new version is 2.0030sp. This update also adds two new melody ringers. Couldn't hurt to request the update and see if it helps any.

6. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    IF that does not help consider a new phone

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Guest

Guest Guest

Dude, get a new phone! I hung on to my Nokia 6185 thinking the software revisions would do the trick. When I got my Samsung N200, it was like my cellular life had changed. No matter who says what, the newer phones do have newer technologies built in, and are better optimized for the current services. I'm not saying upgrade every six months, but you've gotta be able to let your old technology go and spend the money when necessary.