Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Sprint PCS and AOL AIM

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by Guest, Oct 5, 2002.

1. CellyPhony

CellyPhony New Member

Oops... I meant to say that I'm not having that problem anymore. However, I did take my Sanyo SCP4900 into the Sprint store and they upgraded my phone software. Maybe that fixed the problem??? I now have...

1.056SP for software, and 20020910Rel-v062b for browser.

You can find that specific info on the Sanyo 4900 by choosing "Phone Info" and then "version" from your menu.

2. grendal

grendal Junior Member

Simple Question: Does the Sanyo 4900 support a STANDARD WAP INTERFACE, and if so, can service be DOWNGRADED to "regular Wireless Web"?....

My friend has a 4900 and so far the web service is useless..... I'm on Verizon and my 3G phone still has a standard WAP browser.

-Michael

3. JCM

JCM New Member

To use AIM with this application do you use your sn? it says enter email, but i dont use an aol sn, i use aim, what worked for you? ugh im so frustrated i cant get this program to work... aim's website has been saying that aim is coming soon, well thats a bunch of crap, its already been forever, does anyone know a way to access aim and it actually work, or a way to access aol mail without getting in that loop problem? thanks...

4. JRow

JRow New Member

WOAH! I just went there and it had a link to "Get AIM" and when I went their it loaded a page that was headlined "AOL (R) Instant Messenger". The rest of the page was blank. It looks like there finally setting it all up. Should be ready any day now....

5. Skylor

Skylor New Member

This "Get AIM" link doesnt happen to be the link at the very bottom that directs to http://aim.com .... is it? Because if it is, thats where you get AIM for your desktop.

6. jmccrane

jmccrane Bronze Senior Member

The Sanyo does go to regular wap sites that you type in. Most wap sites that I have come across work on the phone.

7. Rpina1

Rpina1 Junior Member

has anyone tried AirIM yet?

It seems to install fine for me, but never does connect. Has anyone gotten this to work? This is on sanyo 4900.

8. Skylor

Skylor New Member

It don't work on Sanyo 4900 :-/

9. JCM

JCM New Member

I've yet to get AirIM to work on my sanyo 4900 either, i hope the hurry up and get the links fixed up....

10. Rpina1

Rpina1 Junior Member

update:

it now connects and displays my buddy list

11. SmoothC

SmoothC New Member

I recently picked up the Toshiba 2032 for the Sprint PCS Vision wireless web service. The Pocket PC comes loaded with 2002, which AOL specifies that neither their AOL or AIM software for Pocket PC's works with 2002.

What, then, is an AOL user to do? I have an AOL account (Bring Your Own Access Plan) and a separate AIM account. Any suggestions? Again, very new to this but fairly computer savy as well. Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Regards,
    Smooth...

12. xamarshahx

xamarshahx New Member

the n400 doesnt like it when u exrtact links out of the messages to get stuff, goto browser and try this
    http://www.sprintpcsrocks.com/sprintpcsrocks/aim.shtml

i have not been able to get it to load on mine, it logs in (my aim on the computer gets kicked off), and keeps on saying it is loggin in on the phone and never proceeds.

13. rshaan

rshaan Senior Member

i love airIM, im in mid school and use it in the library

4900 BTW

14. rshaan

rshaan Senior Member

oh, also, the TOSHIBA guy, the AOL instant messenger u download from AIM's site shud work (the one specifically for PPC) i use it with my i300 no problem (tho its 2g)

15. WhaDaFk

WhaDaFk New Member

Does anyone know what the deal is with AOL's AIM service and Sprints Vision??!!?? I would like to know if we WILL EVER have it?? "Coming Soon" is not an answer anymore!!!!

16. BengalTiger

BengalTiger New Member

Here's an idea, doesn anyone have the link to the G2 version of the aim on sprint? That would be fine with me for now.

17. Temptasian

Temptasian New Member

I have the LG 5350 and I dont know how to get the aim access on there, please someone tell me how to connect with it please! this is an emergency for me, no its not, well please tell me.

18. bscabl

bscabl New Member

on my sanyo it works ok...times out a lot tho and sometimes crashes the phone

19. rshaan

rshaan Senior Member

works great on mine, no problems, i love it [​IMG]

20. nave0885

nave0885 New Member

I have the exact same problem with my lg5350 I tried to ask aol but they havent responded

21. sheureka

sheureka Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Touch Pro2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  22. NikkiHot33

NikkiHot33 New Member

I tried this link and all I got was the google search page. Where should this link have taken me? I know that AIM is scheduled to come out on Vision phones its just a matter of when. If there are any Sprint PCS employees in this forum with knowledge of the rollout for AIM on Vision phones could you please give us a heads up. I really would like to use AIM on my phone. Also does anyone know how to access MSN Messenger on a Sprint PCS Vision phone? Now, I don't have trouble with any of the other links, but I do with Hotmail, Messenger and Games/Entertainment links on the Mobile.MSN.com site. I get page read error or HTTP error messages and on the Games link I get "Oops you can not play this game on the phone you are using" I have a brand new Sanyo 8100. I need help anyone out there that can help?

Thanks.

23. nave0885

nave0885 New Member

thank u thank u thank u thank u thank u
    thank u
    thank u
    thank u
    thank u for telling me
    i got aim on my phone now
    yyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

24. sheureka

sheureka Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Touch Pro2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS
    Go to this link on your computer to set AIM up. I've heard the "real" AIM will be out soon, but I've been hearing that since last fall. This AIM program works very well. MSN Messenger and Hotmail only work on the Sanyo 4900 and 5300 right now. My understanding that MSN will roll out to all the phones the second week in June. - sheureka

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  25. Enchantmt

Enchantmt New Member

If you have AOL as an isp and you are a beta tester they have a beta version of AIM to try out. Just go to keyword beta click on sprint pcs. I'm sorry I don't have the link they gave for the phone but I haven't downloaded it yet. This means its on it way soon !!
    ~Chant

26. pakman

pakman New Member

I called sprint yesterday and they said the rollout date for the AIM service on Vision is June 19.

We shall wait til then.

27. ceric20

ceric20 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T (Cingular)
    what are the chances of any of this working on Verizon?

28. Enchantmt

Enchantmt New Member

29. ceric20

ceric20 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T (Cingular)
    Here is a Question for somone. If this is a web based program for AOL then how come i cant use it with my Verizon phone? I tried and it comes up "unsupported text" anyone else try it?

30. Enchantmt

Enchantmt New Member