Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Sprint PCS and AOL AIM

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by Guest, Oct 5, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

despite loads of publicity saying its up n' running, it is not...all we get is a message "Coming Soon" when we scroll down to "AIM" on our Sprint PCS Vision phone...another screwup by Sprint

2. IdiOTeQnoLogY

IdiOTeQnoLogY Bronze Senior Member

i've never seen sprint say that AOL is up n running on Vision. in fact we all got a statement on the retail side that november is the ETA for AOL portal on Vision and to share that with customers. AOL on the 2g WW has been available for a while and still is.

3. Rpina1

Rpina1 Junior Member

??

I have used AOL IM on my PCS phone for at least a year...... I do not have AOL service...

Am I missing something??

4. jmccrane

jmccrane Bronze Senior Member

It's only on the old 2G Web right now, it's not on Vision yet.

5. Rpina1

Rpina1 Junior Member

ah

so Vision users can't use the standard web??? works fine and fast for me...

6. JoeMama

JoeMama New Member

yeah...currently no web portals...such as yahoo, aol, or msn work on vision. november sounds reasonable...but id say for everything running smoothly...prob first quarter, next year.

7. IdiOTeQnoLogY

actually u can use yahoo on a vision phone. goto URL on your phone wap.oa.yahoo.com you can access all yahoo stuff the only thing is you cant save your login name and password have to retype it each time

8. timtucker

timtucker Junior Member

Tried the wap.oa.yahoo.com with my Sanyo 4900 and I still get the insuficient memory error. No yahoo access for a while I guess.

9. Vic

Vic New Member

Worked find for me on my Samsung a500. Wish they would just get the AIM version up an running though.

10. justTracie

justTracie New Member

I'm trying to get Yahoo Messenger working and these links youare giving don't seem to lead to Messenger, or am i missing something?

11. beat

beat New Member

i have a sanyo 4900 and when i try the aol its say i need to enable cookies and javascript how can i do that. if any one can help me that would be great e-mail me at rizzo822002@yahoo.com thanx alot

12. IdiOTeQnoLogY

www.sprintpcsrocks.com has a beta download of a java app for vision phones that runs AIM, MSN MEssenger, Yahoo Messenger. a few bugs but it is the beta.......... enjoy!

13. Swizza

Swizza New Member

Cool it works for AIM and Yahoo IM. Buggy on the MSN messenger side though. But for a beta it succeeds

14. IdiOTeQnoLogY

yes it is a bit slow on some phones to load up and it has some bugs but it is a big step in the right direction i suppose. hopefully an integrated aim & yahoo messenger on vision will be up soon.

15. akamu

akamu New Member

that site is funky

the link they sent to my phone to download the beta client doesnt work

now i cant get to their site at all [​IMG]

anyone know how i can get a copy of this program?

16. Skylor

Skylor New Member

The site is back up now, It was down for a while or some crap like that. :p Try again

17. zrollorqueen

zrollorqueen New Member

I am at my wits end in setting up the AIM for my 5350. Do you know how to set it up and if so can you help me?

Thanks...Zrollorqueen

18. akamu

akamu New Member

it doesnt want to download on my N400

i get content error then a document not available [​IMG]

19. WirelessBeachBum

WirelessBeachBum Soylent Green is People

My Phone:
    Thunderbolt...still
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Try this site in your phones browser.

doolittle.aol.com

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  20. Pameeeeee

Pameeeeee New Member

I have sprintpcs service and a vision phone with a vision plan and I access my aol right from my phone without any problems. simply go to url : http://mobile.aol.com from your phones web browser and you can access aol features the same as you could from previous non-vison phones.

I hope this info helped anyone needing to access aol from a vision phone.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!
    Pam

21. ralphb

ralphb New Member

I installed the AirIM beta on my LG 5350 and it crashes the phone every time it tries to log in. [​IMG] I emailed the developer and he asked for a bunch of phone-specific questions, which I answered. I expect there will be a new version of the app forthcoming.

Ralph

22. CellyPhony

CellyPhony New Member

Hey Pam :) I have the same phone as you, an actual AOL account (not AIM login), and whenever I go to "Mail & Addresses", I get in this loop where it tells me that I must sign in. I sign in, then return back to "Mail & addresses", and again, it tells me to sign in. Do you have this issue? Also... I think most concerns are with the "IM" feature not being available like it was before, and I don't even see anything on that menu that relates to sending "Instant Messages"

23. CellyPhony

CellyPhony New Member

What do they say now?

24. xhibitionist1

xhibitionist1 New Member

How well does your airIM work on your phone?

25. CellyPhony

CellyPhony New Member

It takes me about 10-15 minutes to get signed on to any service using AIRIM, which kills my battery. Not sure why it takes so long. It just goes through the connecting/logging-in process forever.

26. gocaljohn

gocaljohn New Member

27. vvx

vvx New Member

It works for me using an LG 5350 (I tested w/AIM) signon is fairly quick. I just wish I could logon and have myself on til I signed off, the program running in the background or something.. That way I could stay online 24/7 (well, not quite). As it is, soon as I close the phone I'm off. Well, I guess it would also be nice to be able to take incoming calls while logged on (seems to be transferring data all the time while it's connected?)

28. bridgeboy125

bridgeboy125 New Member

hello everyone.... I'm looking for some help to get aim on my cellphone.... I have a sanyo 5300 with pcs vision and i cannot find an aim download anywhere. This is my first cell phone so I'm still getting used to using the web on it but i've been using the google search and searching for things such as "aim sprint pcs" or AirIM and things like that.... I dont even know how to just type in a URL on my phone and go there..... if someone could help me out i would greatly appreciate it! Thanks alot.... you can just post a message here or give me an email at ccslaxer@twcny.rr.com Thanks again!

29. JCM

JCM New Member

Hi, i have a sanyo 4900, and i have the same "looping" problem as you with the sign in process of mobile.aol.com, does anyone have a solution to this? Also, does anyone know when AIM services will be available for these 3G phones?

30. CellyPhony

CellyPhony New Member

I figured out that I only have the looping problem with my Sanyo 4900 if I go to mobile.aol.com.

www.aim.com/wireless/sprint/ - Yaye!!! It finally says on there "Sprint Vision - Aim Service on Sprint Vision (Sprint 3G handsets) coming soon!