Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Sprint or Nextel Network ID

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by kris226, Aug 9, 2006.

1. kris226

kris226 New Member

Ok, I bought a Razr v3 off ebay and now when I put my SIM in it it shows nextel as the network but it says emergency only. So, I cant place any calls. How can I find the Network ID number to set up the nextel or sprint network on this phone?

2. Yankees368

Yankees368 Compulsive Signal Checker

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhones 4S???
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint 2002-2010, Voicestream 2001-2002
    Umm...I do not believe that it is possible for any version of the RAZR to pick up a nextel signal.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kris226

kris226 New Member

Well a coworker has a razr on the sprint PCS network. But doesnt nextel use sprints network?

4. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    No chance a RAZR can pick up an IDEN signal unless Nextel or Nextel Partners (now part of Sprint) offers a RAZR.

Nextel does not use Sprint's network. Sprint uses CDMA and Nextel use IDEN which are not compatible.

5. kris226

kris226 New Member

So, I guess I should probably put the phone up for sale on ebay. Ok, so I have a stupid question. Is there a site out there somewhere that will trade up say a razor for a nextel phone? Or is ebay my best bet.

6. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    well let me explain a little without making you kill yourself out of confusion......

the razr you probably bought off of eBay probably uses a technology called GSM.....Cingular and T-Mobile and a few others support this network standard....

Motorola does make razrs that work on CDMA networks......they will work on Verizon and Sprint (more on that later)

Motorola manufactures seperate phones (iDEN technology) for Nextel because nextel is the only cellular provider that supports this technology nationwide (ther are one or two regional carriers)

Sprint does not distribute Motorola Razrs with new service agreements so your friand must have started service with Sprint and purchased the Razr at a later time

why this particular razr is acknowledging Nextels existence i do not know

im guessing that the phone is connecting to a local GSM carrier (Cingular or T-Mobile) and is notifying the tower that the phone is connected for emergencies only....i would think that the phone is loading that particular banner because that is what is listed on the SIM card

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...