Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Sprint/Nextel slashes prices on CDMA/iDEN phone

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by Fire14, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Sprint Nextel slashes price on CDMA/iDEN ‘Blend’ phone

On the heels of a phone launch it declared a “linchpin” in its efforts to maintain high-value iDEN subscribers while migrating them to its CDMA network, Sprint Nextel Corp. cut the online price of one of its CDMA/iDEN dual-mode phones from $40 to free. The “Blend” (aka ic402) was offered online for $40 in the first week of January; three weeks later, its price dropped to zero.

The move appeared to reflect a degree of urgency at the nation’s third-largest carrier, which has suffered an erosion of its iDEN customer base due to network issues and the availability of push-to-talk services—iDEN’s core value proposition—at other carriers. Sprint Nextel did not made any other pricing changes during the past week.

Sprint Nextel earlier this month launched the both the Blend and the Buzz, which it calls its “PowerSource” phones. The phones combine the carrier’s iDEN network for walkie-talkie services and CDMA network for voice and data services. The Buzz provides military-grade protection against dust, shock and vibration in a clamshell form factor; it was introduced at $60 with a two-year contract (with a $40 mail-in rebate). The carrier continues to maintain that price. The Blend was introduced at $40, but is now free.

http://www.rcrnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070130/FREE/70130002/1001/FREE

2. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    You have to be a new customer or opening a new line of service and sign up for two years. That's hardly free for an exisiting customer who doesn't want to renew for 2 years. lol

3. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    When are they going to release the hybrid IC902? :confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. AL904a

AL904a Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo Pro700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW & Sprint, & "the carrier fka Cingular"
    Due to the lack of 800 Mhz roaming on the hybrids, I am passing on them entirely.

Is anyone else doing the same, and waiting for Q-Chat?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    i am not a fan of the walkie talkie feature cuz i have no one to chirp.......all my friends are Cingular and Verizon

6. bjc1981

bjc1981 New Member

My Phone:
    Samsung x427m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
    I'm passing due to this issue.

What is Q-Chat?

7. AL904a

AL904a Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo Pro700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW & Sprint, & "the carrier fka Cingular"

Take a look here, for a description of the push-to-talk system that will replace Readylink and iDen.

8. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    basically its the Direct Connect equivalent on Sprint's network........Sprint has their current Readylink PTT and Cingular and Verizon have PTT features but Sprint's and Verizon's never really took off so they havent been advertising them as much.........this new QChat is the closest that they have gottent to the Direct Connect feature

many peoples guesses are that they will use the QChat feature to coax all of the Nextel customers over to Sprint when migration comes around

9. melnshell

melnshell New Member

:D
    I WORK FOR NEXTEL/ SPRINT THE RELEASE DATE I GOT IF IT DOESN'T GET PUSHED BACK SHOULD BE JUNE 14 IF NOT IT SHOULD BE IN JUNE