Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Sprint is annoying

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by AnthroMatt, Jun 16, 2007.

1. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Junior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 13 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, AT&T Prepaid
    So my phone does not work (cannot place calls or SMS) in one location in Mesa, despite having a nice, strong signal. The network was tested, and all is fine, so I was told to bring my phone in for testing. I did this, and it passed all tests.

One problem: when they returned my BB to me, it no longer got EVDO service, only 1X. So I take it to a different store, they try to test it, and cannot even get their tests to run. I have full insurance, which I though meant I got an on-the-spot replacement for warranty issues, but apparently not. So in about 5 days I should get another BB.

So because I complained about my phone not working in one location near my office, I have spent abnout 4-5 hours on the phone and another 2 in the Sprint stores. All I got out of it was Sprint breaking my phone, and a refurb in the mail to replace it. Now I get to reinstall all my apps once my new device arrives, not to mention needing to send emails or make calls to various software vendors to have my licenses transferred to my new PIN. Grrrr...what a pain! I am so pissed.

Next time I should just keep my mouth shut and accept the poor service I guess.

2. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    So are you going to be the first to try out the Katana 2?

3. PCSuser

PCSuser Senior Member

My Phone:
    PPC-6700 w/ WM6
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS - happily holding crystal clear calls!
    Sprint does have (or used to) a place on their website where you could request a tower in your area.

Can anyone find this?

I am looking...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Wow, that really stinks Matt, I wonder what caused this to happen in the 1 location only.

Hopefully you will get your replacement quicker then 5 days & I would call CS Monday to complain about the 1st store & what happened.

5. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    I wonder if that would even do any good and if Customer Service would even be able to either file a complain or even care enough to bother saying anything but sorry.

6. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon

I guess if anything it could make Matt feel better, even if they actually don't care, which is really sad when you think about it.

7. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Lol, unless he has to wait on hold for half an hour and then talk to someone in Customer Service who doesn't know anything, lol.

It is sad that they don't care, but I have noticed unless you go much, much higher up with your complaint, a national company does not care about local issues like these. Maybe, and hopefully, Matt's experiences are different.

8. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 13 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, AT&T Prepaid
    Yeah, I will be calling. I will call the store, customer service, and probably write a letter to corporate.

9. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    You know I there are numbers on sprintusers that will get you through to customer service right away.

10. budney

budney Resident Headbanger
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Sorry to hear about your troubles Matt. With Sprint phone swaps can go perfect or terribly wrong, their is no gray area with swaps. Hopefully CS or Corp. will send you out a new phone.

11. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 13 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, AT&T Prepaid
    LOL, I just want a fully functional phone.

12. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Actually it wasn't quite like that. It was more like Sprint requesting land/building owners who are willing to lease land to Sprint for a possible tower. It has nothing to do with customers wanting better cell service. Even if Sprint was interested in the location it could take years before anything happens and is still a long shot to happen.

13. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    That isn't just Sprint, though, people probably have similar situations with all carriers. Writing a letter to corporate is a good thing, since it will probably result in a review of procedures, perhaps to streamline things... that's if people take notice.

Still, sending a letter or e-mailing customer service via a website is usually the best way to go, I've found.

Sorry that had to happen to you, Matt. (Even if you do own a Blackberry, meaning you're giving money to that hockey-team-stealing Jim Ballsillie. :))

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    those numbers that have no wait times are slowly not working anymore.......some just give you these weird busy signals.........some of them arent even owned by Sprint anymore.......

i wanna say it was in the tech support part of the page cuz i do remember that site...........but if i remember correctly it was more of a coverage trouble ticket page........