Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Sprint in Charlotte & area

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by yipikiya, Apr 20, 2007.

1. yipikiya

yipikiya New Member

Hi guys,
    I just posted this question over in the SE region forum but thougt it might not hurt to post here, too.
    I'm with Cingular, great plan, great coverage, very satisfied. My wife is with Verizon, high rate, but very good service.
    Our new business has a high volume of incoming calls. Free incoming calls and cheap data plans, is driving our decision to change to Sprint. On paper it looks like a no-brainer, but I had Sprint some 7 years ago and they really sucked then. I left them very, very unhappy and am a bit reluctant to go there again. Once bitten . . .
    But I've been hearing a lot more people now say they are satisified with Sprint.
    I'd appreciate any feed back you guys in and around Clt. could give me, especially those who have changed from Cingular or Verizon.
    Also I regularly travel up and down the east coast (major cities mostly) and occasionally to the midwest. How is Sprint in these areas?
    Thanks & cheers!

2. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    7 years is a long time ago! I bet Sprint is much, much better now.

3. yipikiya

yipikiya New Member

Well, that's the sense I'm getting from my informal polling of the occasional Sprint user I run into, but I guess I'm just looking for a little more empirical reassurance before I jump back over.

4. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I don't think you're going to find any Sprint users from Charlotte in this forum. At least I don't remember seeing anyone.

5. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Hi,

I have no experiences with Sprint in the Charlotte area, but I have to agree with Larry, that you probably won't recognize the Sprint network now compared to what it was seven years ago. Nobody can give you a complete reassurance whether or not you are going to be happy with Sprint. Sprint offers a 14 day (I think) trial period so you should try the service for yourself.
    On the note of travelling, I don't think you will be disappointed as Sprint generally covers most metro areas and highway corridors natively, and where they don't provide native service they offer free roaming, including Data.

6. yipikiya

yipikiya New Member

Thanks guys.

7. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    i agree with all...........between the new hybrid sites and adding a lot of new sites lately and upgrading towers to EV-DO Rev like crazy.............its like a makeover

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...